AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Thanks for this! I was able to add the Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.1.0.2126 to the F6 bios for the Gigabyte z68xpud4 rev 1.0 thanks to your guidance here t20f16-Guide-Award-Phoenix-BIOS-Modding.html#! YOU ARE THE MAN!

@ cuethenoise:

Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your feedback!

Enjoy your updated BIOS and RAID system!
Fernando

Hi. i’ve made some modification on Aspire 5640 motherboard (MCP73PV) Bios R01_C2. Trying and made a bios with the 10.0.0.35 Nvraid rom Module instead of the orignal one 10.0.0.11 (10DE:07F8)

Of course, i made the “Hex” Mod to the 10.0.0.35 module to obtain a working One with my Mobo: no problem, boot perfect , can enter into Nvraid Setup without problem.

Here’s my report :

10.0.0.35 only authorize me to make 2 type of RAID : Mirrored or Striped
10.0.0.35 See my 4 disks without problems.
10.0.0.11 have all mode (Mirrored, Striped, spanned, Stripped Mirror, RAID5)

Back to 10.0.0.11 to have RAID5 mode possible with 4*1TB = 2.72TB

You can find the 10.0.0.11 inside this bios :

http://global-download.acer.com/GDFiles/…re&Step3=Aspire M5640&OS=V10&LC=en&SC=AAP_4

hi guys, im pretty new to all this orom stuff, i was wondering if anyone has the bios for the EVGA Classified 3 that will work on raid0 and with Marvell chipset also working, or can link me to the one i should use to mod it myself thanks. i did look at all the different versions available, but im kinda confused as to how i choose a certain one, i see they all have different version numbers on them but i dont know where those numbers come from or how they relate to choosing one, thanks guys hopefully im not much trouble.

EVGA Classified 3

Intel X58/ICH10R

Drivers

@ BurnOmatic:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since many X58 chipset mainboard BIOSes have a space problem with newer (and bigger sized) Intel RAID ROM versions, I recommend to try the insertion of the TRIM in RAID0 modded Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 (uncompressed size: 85 KB) as first step.
If you succeed and everything works fine, you may try to insert the TRIM modded Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 (uncompressed size: 119 KB), which would be the best choice for an Intel RAID0 system.

Good luck!
Fernando

thanks for the quick response Fernando, do those Intel Raid Roms work with Marvell chipset also ?

No, the Marvell SATA AHCI/RAID Controllers need a Marvell AHCI/RAID ROM module.

i think what i meant to ask is, do those intel raid roms work alongside the Marvell ones, so i can actually use the Marvell sata ports ?, and how come people don’t post their working Motherboard bioses that are confirmed working on certain motherboards instead of having to edit a bunch of different times for the same board ?

Yes, you can use the Marvell and the Intel SATA ports simultaneously. During our first tests to get TRIM in RAID0 support for Intel 4-Series chipsets there was an ineraction with the Marvell SATA Controller, but these problems are gone with the introduction of the new TRIM modding method.

The intention of this Forum is to help users to get the Option ROM modules of their BIOS updated, but to let the users do the work by their own. This is why I have written a lot of guides.

ohh cool just asking because i didn’t see anyone posting them, anyhow do you know anyone that got Marvell chipset working along side the intel orom.

Yes, look >here<.

thats awesome im gonna read up then get brave :smiley: by the way great forum i love the subject of this forum.

ÂżWhich Intel OROM would you recommend on a H61 chipset?, since the latest drivers available for the 6-series are the v12.9.4.1000 WHQL i guess you should just go with the OROM v12.9.0.2006 right?, is the last OROM (v13) gonna do anything better when you can only use a v12 driver?.

Yes!

No!

Although I still have some doubts regarding the identity if the Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2118 (look >here<), I decided to publish it here for the public, since ex58 has confirmed, that this OROM version works fine together with the newest Intel RAID driver v13.5.0.1056 WHQL.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

1. new: Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2118 for DEV_2822/282A (original module)
  2. new: “Universally TRIM modified” Intel RAID ROM v13.5.0.2118 for DEV_2822/282A

Thanks to lordkag, who was the first who found this Intel RAID ROM module, and to ex58 for having tested it.

Have fun with the first Intel RAID ROM version of the v13.5 branch, which may suit the best with the newest Intel RAID drivers v13.5.0.1056.
Fernando

Hello I’m new to this ROM stuff. I have always used the latest drivers (in this case I wish to use the new 13.5 driver on my GIGABYTE H97N-WIFI board).

1. Can this ROM be flashed to this board? Are there any chances of bricking the ROM module or something? I use only AHCI, not RAID.
2. Where are the instructions on how to flash?

@ biatche:

Yes, you can update the Intel RAID ROM of your mainboard BIOS, but you will not benefit of it as long as you are running your Intel SATA ports in AHCI mode. And no, the update of Intel RAID ROM modules is very safe.

>Here< are the instructions, if you want to modify your BIOS manually, but it will much easier for you, if you let the work be done by the UBU tool (look >here<).

Regards
Fernando

Hi,

I have an EVGA SR-2 which contains a Marvell 9123 SATA-3 controller. Although the controller is built into the motherboard, it is logically a completely separate device, with it’s own BIOS (i.e. separate BIOS not part of the motherboard main BIOS). I have successfully updated the firmware on it over time as newer versions became available in the first post on this thread. Thank you for providing these firmware updates.

Unfortunately, I am currently troubleshooting a BIOS compatibility issue, and am finding that my reference, sanity check, stock firmware (Marvell v1.0.0.1025) SR-2 works fine with a particular GPU, but the one with the updated Marvell firmware (1.0.0.1038) seems to have problems (motherboard BIOS configuration screen locks up as soon as you enter the BIOS setup). As far as I can tell, the Marvell firmware is the only difference between the motherboards, and the one with 1.0.0.1038 firmware works fine with multiple other GPUs. So I am figuring there must be some kind of a BIOS/firmware compatibility issue.

So, what I would like to do is extract the firmware from my reference motherboard, and flash that Marvell BIOS firmware to my other motherboard to downgrade it and get them both to be the same for further troubleshooting. But - I cannot seem to find any tools for extracting the firmware image from the Marvell SATA controller. The utility for flashing the firmware only seems to support writing the firmware, not reading it out. Is there an undocumented switch or a different utility that can be used to extract the Marvell SATA controller firmware from a controller?

Many thanks.

@ gordan:

Since I don’t have any own experience with Marvell SATA3 Controllers and their Firmware update/extraction, I am not able to help you.
Hopefully you will get support by someone else.

Regards
Fernando

The RTSe listed on the rom page is different than the one That I posted when viewed in a hex editor. If you compare the listed one to mine you will see for yourself.