AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

here’s the extract rom mate this thing start driving to be crazy should I replace it?..

10DE_03EB_mediashield_987.zip (30.3 KB)

No, not by the nVRAID ROM module I have attached to my last post.
Reason: The nVRaid ROM v9.87, which you have just linked, has been designed for the DeviceID DEV_03F6 and not for the DeviceID DEV_03EB as being shown by the AMI MMTool.
Questions:

1. Is it an original or a modded BIOS you are currently using?
    If it should be an original (untouched) BIOS, the manufacturer of your mainboard obviously has done a mistake (either when selecting or while inserting the nVraid ROM module into the BIOS).
  2. Which problems did you have with the currently used nVRaid ROM resp. why do you want to update it?

It’s an original bios actually I’ve some problems with the recognition of the dvdrw drive exactly when I’m going to install nas4free long story. Anyway I’ve made the hex mod “DEV_03F6” in rom http://www.smartredirect.de/redir/clickG…OM-Modules.html and as soon as possible I’ll flash it and I’ll report obviously the result

@ HAZArD:

The nVRAID ROM module v10.0.0.35, which you just have modded, is only usable with MCP79 NVIDIA nForce RAID Controllers DEV_0ABD.
Why did you modify the OROM this way? Which nForce chipset has your mainboard?
Before you flash any modded BIOS, you should check the DeviceID of your onboard NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller.

this is my mainboard http://motherboards-reviews.com/ASUS/soc…ifications.html Shoud I modify that for nforce4?

No, if you want to modify the nVRaid ROM module at all, you should do it regarding your nForce 630a (MCP67) chipset, but I do not know, which internal DeviceID would be the best suitable.
I repeat my question: Why do you want to update the nVRaid ROM module of the BIOS at all?

I would update nvraid rom 'cause I can’t install nas4free dvdrw drive (whatever) generates errors This afternoon I’ll flash it regardless and i’ll be back thanks 4 now

Hi Fernando,

Big thanks and koodos for having such a wonderfully informative website…I have learned so much and it has helped me optimize my PC…I was in the middle of customizing my motherboards (Asus Rampage III Formula) bios to the latest classical intel raid rom and that seems to all be making sense…I figured while I’m in there I should do the Marvel 9128 rom as well, I am running two samsung 840 pro ssds and have been using my intel sata 2 ports as the performance on the marvel has been well documented… The links you have on the first page arent working for the separate parts of that ROM, they are directing me to some page that is part of of german forum and there is no mention of those roms…Also I was wondering if you have any experience if the latest ROM fixes the performance issues with the SATA 3 ports or if I will be still best served with the intel native sata 2 ports?

Thanks again

@ dj_groovin:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

That is a general Java script problem of some browsers. What you need is a No-Redirect Addon (for Firefox look >here<).

I don’t have any own experience with Marvell SATA Controllers, but I doubt, that an update of the Marvell SATA OROM will give you the desired performance.

Regards
Fernando

hi to all
like I said I’ll be back… well… just for the record I took guts and flash new bios with orom 10.0.0.35 for mcp79 changing the device id and… whooooaaaa everything works like a charm.
Thanks so much to this prodigious community

Hello.

Has anyone got this working with RAID1?
I couldn’t make it to work on P67 chipset using any available moded roms for Intel RST RAID + driver combinations (using built-in roms that comes with UBU tool)

@ V@no:

Please give us some informations about
a) your system configuration (mainboard model, sort of drives, OS) and
b) what you have tried and what happened ("didn’t work" is not enough).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for the welcome :wink:

Motherboard: AsRock P67 Extreme6
Chipset: Intel P67
BIOS: 2.10
UBU: 1.9.0 31.12.2014
2 x Samsung 840 Evo in RAID1
Windows 7 x64

OROM tried provided by UBU:

v11.2.0.1527 TRIM-in-RAID0 (OROM only)
v11.6.0.1702 TRIM-in-RAID0
v12.7.0.1936 TRIM-in-RAID0
v12.9.0.2006 TRIM-in-RAID0
also tried
v13.5.0.2164 (not modded)

For each OROM I’ve tried IRST drivers v11.2.0.1006, v11.6.0.1030, v12.9.0.1001 and 13.5.0.1056

"fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify" returns 0

To test TRIM I use trimcheck-0.7.exe and wait about 30 second before executing trimcheck second time.

@ V@no:
Thanks for your answers.

You can use any Intel RAID ROM and driver version, but you will not get TRIM passing the Intel RAID Controller into a RAID1 array. Only RAID0 arrays benefit from the "TRIM in RAID0" feature.

Well, at the moment I’m testing RAID0, RAID1 and single SSD (all at the same time)
so far TRIM is NOT working on any of them…

@ V@no:

Have you already read the start post of >this< thread?

I have:
-2 SSD’s Kingston HyperX 120GB (SandForce 2281)
-Motherboard Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI
I want to setup RAID0 with them. My question: in this case, TRIM works out-of-the-box? i.e, do I need modded OROM?

Thanks

@ bbarsso2014:

Yes!

No!

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi my mobo is ASUS Rampage III formula, Intel X58/ICH10R chipset. So I extracted out the Optional ROM and found the version is "Intel(R) RAID for SATA - v10.5.0.1034". It also has a Marvell 91xx ROM v1.0.0.1019 on board controller for the two 6g/s SATA ports.

I got several questions,
1. What ROM mod here do I use to get the ICH10R to support TRIM on RAID-0? I don’t find a exact version match , so for instance can I use the “Universally TRIM modified" Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 with TRIM in RAID0 support” ?

2. I also see a list of the “Marvell 91xx (SATA3) AHCI/RAID ROM modules”. Do I need to apply then at the same time? What are the listed Marvel 91xx ROM modules do? A version upgrade or modified for some support?

3. Is there a modified mod available to make the Marvell onboard controller to also support TRIM under RAID-0? This will be perfect it can work because I can run the TWO SSD on the two 6g/s ports in RAID-0 and runs 4 hard drives on RAID10 using regular 3G/s SATA ports provided by the ICH10R chip.

@ tony1024:

I recommend to replace the Intel RAID ROM v10.5.0.1019 by the TRIM in RAID0 modified v11.2.0.1527.

Depending on your actually working Marvell SATA Controler it supports either AHCI or RAID. There are no modified Marvell OROMs available.

No, the Marvell RAID Controllers do not support the TRIM in RAID0 feature.

Regards
Fernando