AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

If you want a digitally signed Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006, which supports the Intel ICH8 SATA AHCI Controller DEV_2824, you can grab it >here<.

I Tried.
Your driver does not work on my motherboard with south bridges ICH9 & 8 (without R, M and other).
But my is work.
You can try it on the motherboards with south bridges ICH9 & 8 where your driver is not working.
Good luck!

Unfortunately I am not able to do it, because I don’t have such system, but I am pretty sure, that the "Universal mod+signed Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006" is working with any Intel ICH8 or ICH9 SATA AHCI Controller.

Hello! I’m new to the forum and I have a Gigabyte x58a-ud7 (rev1)

I have been considering using this bios with the CPL0 trim modded rom from tweaktown:

GA-X58A-UD7 (rev1) BIOS F9d mod
Modified with :
Intel SATA RAID 11.5.0.1111 to 11.6.0.1702 (modified by CPL0 for TRIM support with SSD RAID0)
Intel SATA AHCI 1.20E
Realtek LAN 2.45 to 2.58
JMicron ROM 1.07.28
Marvell BIOS Version 1.0.0.1033 / Firmware 2.2.0.1125

Would you recommend this? Can you tell me which RST driver I should get to go with it?

If you don’t recommend this raid rom (11.6.0.1702) can you tell me which you would recommend along with its companion driver?

Thanks!

Edit: I use 2x SSDs in RAID0.

@ mbreslin:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Although I personally would prefer for your system the Intel RST Raid ROM/driver combination v11.2.x.xxxx, your choice is good.

According to my experience the best of the matching Intel RST RAID drivers is the v11.7.4.1001 WHQL.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello!
Please, upgrade Marvel(9172) and Intel(6 series) AHCI ROM in bios my MB Gigabyte GA-H61MA-D3V rev 2.0.
Thanks.

mb_bios_ga-h61ma-d3v_f7c.zip (2.89 MB)

We generally do not modify any BIOS upon request, but we help users, who have a problem while doing it themselves.
Why don’t you use the UBU tool? It is very easy and safe. Look >here<.
By the way: Intel 6-Series Chipset mainboard BIOSes do not contain any Intel AHCI ROM module. It is not needed at all.

RSTe_and_AHCI_Drivers_GUI_CLI_CIM_4.3.0.1223

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa…ver-for-Windows-

Maybe it has newer EFI or Drivers.

@ plutomaniac:
Thanks for the info and the link.

No, this package doesn’t contain any BIOS modules.
It contains the Intel RSTe drivers v4.3.0.1198 dated 05/21/2015 and the Intel RSTe Software v4.3.0.1223. The latest available Intel RSTe Drivers & Software Set is v4.3.0.1542. The users can find the latest Intel RSTe drivers and the related Software Set within the start post of >this< thread since the 14th of July.
I have no idea why Intel has released this Intel RSTe package yesterday.

@ Fernando:

Intel RST RAID 14.6.1.2340 (OROM 8086-2822)
Intel RST RAID 14.6.1.2340 (EFI)

Intel RST RAID 14.6.1.2340 OROM_EFI.rar (139 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.6.1.2340
    Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

With v14.6.1.2340 and my GA-X58A-UD5 i have no raid functionnality ???

The latest Intel RAID ROM versions obviously do not support old Intel Chipsets.
Please keep in mind, that none of the Intel RST RAID drivers and ROM modules of the v14 series have been designed for an Intel ICH10R SATA RAID Controller like yours.

Possible but

◦>Intel RST(e) RAID ROM 14.6.0.2285 no problem run fine

◦>Intel RST(e) RAID ROM 14.6.1.2340 no Raid functionnality …

As I said: None of the latest Intel RST drivers and ROM modules have been designed for old Intel Chipsets.
Some of them may work nevertheless, but they will probably not be the best choice for older systems
According to my own tests it is just the opposite regarding Intel RAID0 systems: The absolutely best Intel RAID driver/ROM combination even for Z97 systems is the old v11.2.0.1006/v11.2.0.1527 combo.

Hi Fernando,

I have a GA-MA785GM-US2H (rev. 1.1) with BIOS F12f (beta) which added AMD AHCI 3.1.0.0. It is a 785G chipset SATA 2 (3 Gbps). What do you think is the latest Option ROM I should go?

Here is a link to the BIOS http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product…x?pid=3266#bios

I am having trouble booting when using AHCI mode even without any drives plugged in while booting to a LSI 2011-i8 IT adapter. IDE mode works fine. I am hoping a compatible later version exists that would fix this problem. Otherwise I could downgrade the BIOS and see if that fixes it. However, I love moving up to the latest Options ROMs.

You can find the latest AMD AHCI ROM modules within the start post of this thread.

What’s different there is from RSTe and rste for x79/x99 only?

Please explain, what you mean. Has it something to do with the AHCI/RAID ROM Modules?

Oddly I have tried adding the later option roms to the bios with the cbrom replace command but got checksum errors when flashing. Any ideas?

The checksum error has nothing to do with the sort of BIOS module you have inserted.
Which BIOS have you tried to modify? Which BIOS modules did you replace by which ones and how did you do it?