AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

The main issue is that everything is above MINIT module, a dummy.bin is needed.

M785GS2H.png

I haven’t tested my AWARD script in a long time, maybe I could provide a modded sample. I think I also figured how to add latest MISC module to AWARD, which can’t load compressed modules from holes, but I would need volunteers with a RAID system.

Please explain, what you mean. Has it something to do with the AHCI/RAID ROM Modules?

If you used RSTe or rst 14.x, what are the differences between the two? I use an Intel X99

The "regular" Intel RST and the Intel RSTe (the "e" stands for "Enterprise Edition") drivers/BIOS modules belong to different development lines and are designed for different DeviceIDs, but have rather similar functions/features.
AFAIK many (or all?) X99 Chipset mainboards have 2 independent Intel RST/RSTe SATA Controllers. So the users can decide, which one they want to use.

The "regular" Intel RST and the Intel RSTe (the "e" stands for "Enterprise Edition") drivers/BIOS modules belong to different development lines and are designed for different DeviceIDs, but have rather similar functions/features.
AFAIK many (or all?) X99 Chipset mainboards have 2 independent Intel RST/RSTe SATA Controllers. So the users can decide, which one they want to use.

In terms of performance, there are differences between the two different forms?

Only users with an X79 or X99 Chipset mainboard are able to answer this question.
According to my knowledge there is no big difference, if the Intel SATA Controller is running in AHCI mode, but in RAID mode the Intel RST(e) drivers v11/12/13/14 series seem to be better performant and more stable.

Intel Raid Rom (Orom/EFI RaidDriver) Version 14.7.0.2341
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php…id=1900&lang=fr

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.7.0.2341
    Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source file and to sinders for the info.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

With my GigaByte GA-X58A-UD5 8086:2822 :

→ Intel RST(e) RAID ROM 14.6.0.2285 no problem run fine

◦> Intel RST(e) RAID ROM 14.6.1.2340 no Raid functionnality …

→ Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.7.0.2341 no problem run fine

Only users with an X79 or X99 Chipset mainboard are able to answer this question.
According to my knowledge there is no big difference, if the Intel SATA Controller is running in AHCI mode, but in RAID mode the Intel RST(e) drivers v11/12/13/14 series seem to be better performant and more stable.

can change performance in ahci mode with orom update?

No, the Intel RST or RSTe RAID ROM version has no impact on the performance of an Intel Chipset system running in AHCI mode. It is only loaded, if the Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID" within the BIOS.

No, the Intel RST or RSTe RAID ROM version has no impact on the performance of an Intel Chipset system running in AHCI mode. It is only loaded, if the Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID" within the BIOS.

And AHCI module can not update never?

Which AHCI modules do you mean?
Modern Intel Chipset systems from 5-Series up do not need and do not have any Intel AHCI ROM or EFI module within the BIOS.

Which AHCI modules do you mean?
Modern Intel Chipset systems from 5-Series up do not need and do not have any Intel AHCI ROM or EFI module within the BIOS.

In bios of my old X58A-oc was the form intel ahci 1.20E

Intel RST RAID 14.8.0.2377
8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 14.8.0.2377

Intel RST RAID 14.8.0.2377.rar (140 KB)

Thanks for the links to the new Intel RAID BIOS modules.
The availability of them verifies, that we can expect the first Intel RST(e) drivers v14.8 very soon.

I wonder if the new rst drivers will fix self encrypting drive security. Once Windows ten fix the bit they broke in the 1511 th2 update

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.8.0.2377
    Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Note: The matching Intel RST(e) drivers of the v14.8 series are currently not yet available.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v4.3.5.1000
    Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Could you Trim modify some of the v14 roms or tell me how too so I can do it myself to see if Trim in raid -0 will work with any v14 roms? Will gladly do it my self if I know which bit needs to be changed and how to fix checksum!

I am pretty sure, that TRIM in RAID0 will work even with the TRIM modded v14 series Intel RAID ROM modules.

You can easily find it out yourself, if you compare any TRIM in RAID0 modded Intel RAID ROM version with the original module. Only 2 bytes are different, the first of them is located at offset 0x17 and has to be altered after having modified the other byte, which enables the TRIM in RAID0 feature for older Intel chipsets.

By the way: Your request has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.