AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Thanks for the info. I had already seen Pacman’s post (look >here<).

I will offer these new modules as soon as possible.

@ESausman

Did you go for it, I had a tinker with the option rom on the 1701 Bios released yesterday and got it kinda working, I couldn’t Ctrl I into Raid and now also need to sort the other module for EZtuning.
end of the day we have 2 BIOS chips so always a fallback :slight_smile:

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded parts of the quoted text removed (to save space)

@ GoNz0:

To whom is this addressed?

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.6.0.2285
    Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

To whom is this addressed?

ESausman, updated my post now thanks.

EDIT by Fernando: Formatting corrected and unneeded quoted text removed

Because Sir Plutomaniac is busy saving a damsel in distress, I will post these in his name. It has ROM 12.7.5.1988 + EFI 12.7.5.1988 + ROM 13.2.2.2224. He already posted ROM 12.7.5.1988 and it is the same as 12.7.0.1936, just the version has been increased. The EFI is indeed updated and I suspect the change was made/needed only in EFI sources, with the ROM version being updated just to match. The ROM 13.2.2.2224 is updated as opposed to 13.2.0.2134, but a matching EFI was not found. The opposite of 12.7.5.1988 pair. I have posted the EFI in this forum just to avoid writing a second message with a similar content.

Intel_RAID.rar (266 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.7.5.1988
  • new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.7.5.1988 TRIM in RAID0 mod
  • new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.2.2.2224
  • new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.2.2.2224 TRIM in RAID0 mod
  • removed: original and TRIM mod Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1036
  • removed: original and TRIM mod Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v13.2.0.2134

Thanks to lordkag resp. plutomaniac for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

8086-2826 Intel RSTe RAID 4.2.0.1041
Intel RSTe RAID 4.2.0.1041

14.6.0.2285 Kit (full package)

4.2.0.1041 ROM+EFI.rar (107 KB)

14.6.0.2285 Kit.rar (6.13 MB)

If you want to run an Intel RAID driver, which will give your RAID0 the best possible performance, and avoid any problem while trying to "downgrade" your currently running Intel RAID driver, I recommend
a) to "downgrade" the Intel RAID ROM of your BIOS to the "TRIM in RAID0 modded" v11.2.1527 and
b) to reinstall Win7 from scratch and to load the Intel RST RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL at the beginning of the OS installation.

First of all, thanks for the reply! Because I’m planning to do a COMPLETE system rebuild and Clean install, I can make any changes I want without having to worry about "downgrading" my current setup. However, it sound like you’re suggesting that I build a new BIOS with the "TRIM in RAID0 modded" v11.2.1527. Since I’ve never attempted anything like that before, I’m wondering if you could point me to the resources I would need to do that myself. Since I longer have access to the person who helped me previously, I’m stuck with doing it myself or finding another source to help. I do have a copy of the original BIOS, so I would only need guidance on updating the Intel code. Thanks, in advance, for any information you could provide.

I have just checked it: Your mainboard has an Award or Phoenix BIOS. So the tool you need to use is CBROM.
Please read at first the start post of >this< thread.
The guide how to replace the Intel RAID ROM module by the desired one is >here<, the download link to the TRIM in RAID0 modded Intel RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 can be found >here<.

Good luck!

Shame on me for not reading more! Since I left my previous post I’ve been immersed in reading these posts and more. Wow!, am I ever impressed by the wealth of knowledge contained within this site. Thanks, again, and I hope my next post is a "Thank You" for an optimized system.

EDIT: One more quick question before I get started… Would I be okay to mod the previously modded BIOS versus starting from scratch with the original Gigabyte BIOS? The reason I ask is that there were a couple of other updates made to the original BIOS that I would prefer not to lose.

It doesn’t matter, whether the source BIOS is an original or already modded one. Only important is, that it worked.

Thanks for the info. Meanwhile the related Marvell AHCI ROM modules, which I am offering within the start post, have been updated to v10.0.0034.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Marvell 91xx AHCI ROM modules for DEV_9172, DEV_917a, DEV_9182 and DEV_918a (now v1.0.0.0034) Thanks to SoniX for the source files and N607 for the info.
  • updated: Intel RSTe RAID ROM v4.2.x.xxxx for DEV_2826 (now v4.2.0.1041) Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi
There is a need to modify the BIOS Biostar TForse 965PT, unlock it bios the button ahci & raid and modify ahci rom on last version.
Can you help me?
Thank you.

P96CA814.rar (357 KB)

@ JohnnyP:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Your mainboard has an Intel ICH8 Southbridge, which natively is not supported by any Intel AHCI driver.
Furthermore - as you can see here - there is no Intel AHCI ROM module within the original BIOS:

Biostar TForce 965PT BIOS modules.jpg

Conclusion:
If you don’t have the BIOS option to set the on-board Intel ICH8 SATA Controller to "AHCI" mode, I cannot help you at all.
Reasons:
1. No BIOS modification will give your mainboard full AHCI support, when the on-board Intel SATA Controller doesn’t support this SATA mode.
2. The implementation of a natively not available BIOS setting would require a modification of the BIOS system module. I do not recommend to try that, because the chances to brick the mainboard completely are extremely high.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi.
Thank you for your quick response.

ICH8 and ICH 9 support ahci, but do not support raid.
Attached is a my modified driver includes support this south bridge and working on this and other motherboards with similar south bridges.

Biostar tforse 965pt similar to p965 Deluxe motherboard, which differs only in support of the raid.
I pierced the BIOS on the board p965 Deluxe and there is point mode SATA-controller - IDE, AHCI or RAID.
I chose ahci point, run the installation WinXP, slip into the attached file on the floppy disk driver ahci and I all turned out - WinXP mode ahci worked on this board.

Now I need to go to the mode SATA-controller in the attached bios, as there is unlocked mode of FSB 1333 mhz and modified the processor microcode to set xeon processor socket 771.

Maybe open the item in the BIOS?

You can use the to modify the section BIOS p965 Deluxe.
Thank you.

IRST 11.2.0.1006_ICH9!.rar (250 KB)

Only Intel ICH8R and ICH8M Southbridges natively do fully support AHCI (ICH8R additionally supports RAID).
Nevertheless there are some mainboards in the market, which have an Intel ICH8 Southbridge (without an R or M behind the "ICH8"), which are able to run in AHCI mode, because the BIOS allows this Intel SATA Controller setting, but the user has to use a modded Intel AHCI driver, because no original Intel RST driver natively does support the related Intel ICH8 SATA AHCI Controller with the DeviceID DEV_2824).
EDIT: Your attached Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 has been modified at 09/13/2015 and is not digitally signed (the file named iaahci.cat is missing).
Question:
Does the BIOS of your mainboard offer the option to set the Inel SATA Controller to "AHCI"?
If the answer should be "No!", I cannot help you.

In bios p965 Deluxe has a point allows SATA Controller setting but in 965pt his not.
But this option appears and AHCI worked on 965pt if the board flashed the BIOS on the board p965 Deluxe!
So please open the item in the 965pt BIOS as the motherboards are practically identical.
Point in BIOS -> Integrated Peripherals -> OnChip IDE Device -> SATA controller mode (as P965 Deluxe bios).

As I already told you, I cannot help you in this case. I have never modded a BIOS system module and will never do it.

It is your decision, if you are going to flash a BIOS, which has not been designed for your mainboard.

I myself have therefore modified the driver digital signature missing MS.

Ok, sorry… I loan modifications by BIOS P965 Deluxe.

If you want a digitally signed Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006, which supports the Intel ICH8 SATA AHCI Controller DEV_2824, you can grab it >here<.