AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Thanks for the info please move the previous post to the appropriate topic forum. So others can get use of it if they want to try it. Yes got it working.

Done!

Intel Raid Rom (Orom/SataDriver) Version 14.8.2.2397
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php…id=1990&lang=fr

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.8.2.2397
    Thanks to Pacman resp. Station-Drivers for the source file.
  • removed: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v14.8.0.2377

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I need help after installing a new processor my Bios failed to recognize the RAID 0 after several attempts found the problem when the bios inica with Raid oprion Rom Version 3.3.1540.17 (2011 ) runs regular but sometimes CMOS begins with RAID Option 2009 (can not remember the version ) it does not recognize the SSD 's in way of Raid no reminding that sometimes starts with OROM 2011 ( works ) and with OROM of (2009 ) (not working) can anyone tell me how to delete this version 2009 or upgrade from time to 3.3.1540.17 or later so do not start over with the 2009 version that does not work? Please i do not know how to upgrade the RAID Option ROM can send me a tutorial, Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA UD3 Bios F3 , 2 ​​SSD 120GB HyperX 's kingnston

Hi! I am trying to build a raid 1 of two 2tb disk on w10. I upgraded from w7. First i had achi on bios not raid so decided to reinstall w10 from recorey dvd of w10 after changing bios to raid. ( p6t asus with x58 chip and ich10r). I created raid 1 from crtl-i option (rom 8.0.0.188? Last three numbers dont know exactly).
Win explorere fondt discover disk of the raid. Driver of win is 13.2.??. …i installed the driver snd software version 12.9 instead and initiated raid 1 ( probably doing everything wrong…) i opened didk manager and created single volume on the raid array.
May i have to do everything differently? The rom of raid driver is pretty old?
Bios is the last from the vendor page of asus (ami bios not uefi)
Please am i doing somithing right? And what can be done to get best performance/less issues.? Modding bios? Installing version 14 or 9 of irst drivers?

Thanks in advance to all

@Frisk :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
As first step I recommend to update the Intel MSM RAID ROM to the Trim modded RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 (even better would be v11.2.0.1527, but I am not sure, whether your mainboard BIOS is able to load any >100 KB sized OROM).
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Ok.Ok . I ll try the update today and i ll report results.
I supose there is no need to backup info from the disks?
Thanks

@Frisk :
Since the topic of our recent discussion has more to do with the Intel RAID ROM modules than with the Intel RAID drivers, I have moved our related posts into this thread.
If you should have additional questions regarding the "best" Intel RAID driver after having successfully updated the Intel RAID ROM, please post them into >this< thread.

An update of the Intel RAID ROM module doesn’t affect your RAID array data.
The only necessary additional work for the emergency case, that the BIOS with the updated Intel RAID ROM shouldn’t work, is to store the currently running BIOS somewhere.

I finally moded my AMI bios to v10.1.0.1008. The next version 11.2.0.1527 make my pc unbootable (i7 920 on asus p6t, ami bios non uefi).
Now i need to reinstall win 10 again… to reset cmos i had disassemble graphics cards and sata ports so probably messed up in different order.
What version of IRST drivers i need to get best performance. I also have 2 ssd not in an array

@ Frisk:
If I were you, I would do the following:

1. Remove the generic Intel RST RAID driver v13.2.0.1022 from the Win10 image, which you want to get installed, and integrate the Intel RST RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL according to >this< guide.
  2. Do a fresh install of Win10 by booting off the previously prepared OS image.

This way you may get the best possible performance with your old Intel system and preserve the option to update the Intel RST driver later on to any newer Intel RST(e) driver version (v11.7.4.1001 or v12.9.4.1000), if you should not be satisfied.

Good luck!

Thanks Fernando.

I’ll try Modding w10 with rst driver 11 as you say. (And reinstall… oh god!..sigh…)
I have noticed since Modding bios that jmicron pcie to sata II/IDE RAID controller v1.06.78P is slowing booting time (takes aprox 25 30 secs more to detect there is no disk attached to it…only the cable of an está docking station of hdd empty). And a little 2-7s since blackout screenduring shutdown with no messages nor post.
Is it normal?. I tried installing driver jmb36x version 1.17.65.11 in w10 with no change on booting time.
It is posible to mod bios with newer jmicron rom ? Which one?

I really appreciate all your knowledge !! And patience!
I’ll search and post latter the screen shots of anvils stage bench previously and afterwards Modding w10 with irst driver 11

Yes, this happens, when an up-to-date OS like Win10 meets an extremely old JMicron RAID adapter card.
My tip: If there should not be an essential need for the JMicron RAID Controller, I recommend to disable it.

It is possible, but I doubt, that it will really solve your problem. The latest JMicron RAID ROM module v1.08.01 is dated 07/12/2012 and not even better than the previous one v.1.07.28. You can find them both >here<.

Meeting the old micron driver with w10… its strange because before modding the bios I already had installed w10 and didn’t appreciate slow boot. Maybe reflashing with jmicron update when time

Hi,

I’m looking for a RAID option ROM for Intel ICH10DO chipset which supports 2TB+ disks. The mainboard comes with a really old version (8.5.0.1030) and the most recent release I can use without modification is 8.9.1.1002. By using a small hack to override “hardware unsupported” message, I was able to use 10.1.0.1008, but unfortunatelly I would need to use version 10.5+ for large disks. Any newer release of RAID option ROM I tried is stuck during loading, I just have a cursor on the top left corner; no error message, nothing.

Do you have any idea how to move forward without replacing mobo? After a quick search on this forum I found no clue on ICH10DO support. Any help would be appreciated.

@Ligend :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!
Your problem is not caused by the special Southbridge of your mainboard, but by the BIOS configuration done by the mainboard manufacturer. The BIOS is obviously not able to load any >100 KB sized Intel RAID ROM while booting.

Only the mainboard manufacturer will be able to solve the problem. Ask the Support of the Company for a BIOS, which is able to load a 120 KB sized Intel RAID ROM module.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

First of all, thanks for the info. You confirmed what I was afraid of, that the issue is related to the size of the option ROM. I observed that all the non-working ROMs are much larger than the working releases. I read that some BIOSes are not able to load bigger (64KB+) option ROMs, and it seems I ran into a similar limitation.

Well, I think I need to use software RAID on this board, because I’m more than sure the manufacturer (Asus) won’t release any update just because of me. :slight_smile:

You are probably not the only owner of such ASUS board without any chance to get >2 TB sized RAID volumes detected.
As far as I remember ASUS has recently done such BIOS customization for an old Intel ICH10R mainboard.

Hello Guys (Greetings from Poland !!! :slight_smile: )
My first post here (sorry for my Eng)
I have a mobo Asus P5Q-E (ICH10R) bios 2101 (upped for support of Xeon’s - using E5450) and decide to up my raid rom.
Wanna to share my experience here of tested roms:
not working:
v13502164 - bios up and system working but don’t get any further than raid option rom - stuck after it (no boot)
v12902006 - bios up and system working but don’t get any further than raid option rom - stuck after it (no boot)
v11601702 - bios up and system working but don’t get any further than raid option rom - stuck after it (no boot)
v11201527 - bios up and system working but don’t get any further than raid option rom - stuck after it (no boot)
working:
v10101008 - bios up and system working, booted normally to Win 8.1 and working fine
all rom’s with mod for support Trim in raid0 at ssdrive.
I noticed speed UP of boot and overall system performance from average read of 150-160 mb/s at stock raid rom to 169 to 270 mb/s - Yupi !
Also in MMTOOL v3.26 after replacement of Rom section to v11.xxx and up noticed that rom section compression ratio is bigger and rom is in other place in list that originally.
After adding v10 its bigger but in that same place on list.
If you have any suggestion about adding v 11.xxx to bios feel free to PM me or write here - will be glad if i had a working v 11.xxx RST(e) or up rom with acc support.
Thanks in advance

@Dizziusz :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report.

By the way: Your test results have been no surprise for me.
When you do a look into >this< “BIOS Modding Success/Failure Overview” table, you will realize, that all ASUS P5Q series mainboards are affected by the issue, that >100 KB sized Intel RAID ROM modules cannot be loaded.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)