AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Yeah i have see that post after i make my own test’s :wink:

Greetings,

Which version is the latest OROM for Asmedia 160x SATA controller, 0.97 or 0.954?

Many thanks.

You should not search for the latest, but for the best working ASMedia 106x ROM module. The question should be: Which version will work with your ASMedia SATA AHCI Controller at all?
By the way: All ASMedia 106x AHCI ROM modules, which are available within the start post, are very old.

Hi, i have the Asrock Z97 extreme 4, with 2x840 pro in raid 0. Can i use Intel v14xx RAID ROM or is v13xx best for me?

It is the latter. Please look into the start posts of >this< and >this< thread.

Older third party controllers like Asmedia are very slow, i don`t think there is any fix for this :frowning:

I totally agree with this statement.

On my X79 Rampage IV Formula, can I use only "Intel RSTe RAID ROM v3.8.0.1029< (>MIRROR<) primarily designed for X79", or is "Intel RSTe RAID ROM v4.3.5.1000< (>MIRROR<) primarily designed for X99" also compatible? Is the latest version just untested on X79 but still compatible?

It may support X79 Chipset RAID systems as well, but you should not expect better results than with the older v3.8.x.xxxx RAID ROM module.

Hello i discovered Strange Raid modes.
I configured Raid 5 rst. Bios i.S. Raid.

Than my ssd Samsung driver complained because no support if not set ahci boot drive.

I changed bios SATA to ahci. Reboot. Enable driver Reboot uefi and change back to raid.

But. While in ahci mode. Windows saw my Intel raid 5 volume read write? Is this possible to use safely? Or a cache refresh Bug. Or does Windows only see the first disk of raid and read the raid partition info so it showed it up?

If this is possible, what ISS sense of raid mode haha if you can benefit from same time ahci performance and ahci trim. Raid mode trim native incompatible?

I don’t have enough spare disks to check this out now.

Well, if i test my samsung ssd in samsung magician program, i’m getting approx. 20% less for sequential read / sequential write and
50% less for random read (iops), random write is almost 100% if i compare the same samsung ssd at my second computer with sata III (intel) onboard connections.

Unimportant, 4K is the one that maters for OS!

Hi
I have a problem drive is not operating. Can you help me. If it is modified bios I’d won.
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H (rev1.1)
i5 3570k
KingSpec PCI-E 2.0 Fast Card 2U 240GB Support: RAID0; RAID1; RAID10.

IMG_20160320_072757.jpg

2.jpg

1.1.jpg

auto reset bios
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5g00T1fkg_0NERyd2xBRmFmYWM/view

@VV44 :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

What does that mean? What have you tried and what happened?
Has the SSD been detected by the mainboard UEFI BIOS?
Which BIOS settings did you choose within the "BOOT" section?
Have you flashed the latest Firmware for the PCIe card?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando
Bios f18i Gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h is not detected , (Sata Mode Selection - Raid ) if they put the disc ssd pcie is already bios will not go
I checked with a colleague asus rog maximus VII ranger sees the drive
Record a video and then will send
(sorry for the English language)

AFAIK the Intel SATA Controller settings within the BIOS doesn’t have any effect on your SSD, because the KingSpec PCIe SSDs have their own LSI RAID Controller, which will need an LSI RAID driver.

Bios setting

If it is loaded KingSpec PCI-E 2.0 Fast Card 2U 240GB is locked bios and bios restarts.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5g00T1fkg_0RTVzMGxJZkhIb3M/view?usp=sharing

|addpics|649-5-5988.jpg-invaddpicsinvv,649-6-0f2c.jpg-invaddpicsinvv,649-7-a7a9.jpg-invaddpicsinvv,649-3-b486.jpg-invaddpicsinvv,649-4-165e.jpg-invaddpicsinvv,649-2-851b.jpg-invaddpicsinvv,649-1-8274.jpg-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

@VV44 :
Thanks for the photos showing your UEFI BIOS settings, but why haven’t you just taken screenshots by hitting F12 and store the files onto an USB Flash Drive?
This is what I recommend to do:
1. Unplug all storage devices except the KingSpec SSD.
2. Within the “BIOS” section of the BIOS choose another setting for “Boot mode selection” (current setting: “UEFI only”). Maybe a matching EFI module is missing.

No changes I changed PCIe slot
F12 works

Did you unplug all other HDDs/SSDs/Optical Drives and change the "Boot mode selection"?
Did the BIOS detect the KingSpec SSD after having done that?

Not detect Kingspec ssd pcie (all unfastened) does restart the inability to enter the bios. I tried during system operation (Win 10x64) and a black hole, apparently there is a conflict between the graphics card.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5g00T1fkg_0ektfTUNSa29tZ00/view?pref=2&pli=1

Perhaps we can pull files from bios Gigabyte Z97 and adding to the GA-Z77X-D3H but how? and whether it is possible.