AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

It is possible (>here< is the guide), but there is no guarantee, that it will work.
Furthermore you have to know, which one of the various BIOS modules is the one you need.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe RAID ROM v4.5.0.1012 for DEV_2826 SATA Controllers
    Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

AMD DEV-7802 v3.3.1593.20

AMD_DEV-7802_v3.3.1593.20.zip (81.3 KB)

1002-4391 AMD AHCI 3.3.2.0

1002-4391 AMD AHCI 3.3.2.0.rar (13.9 KB)

@kgbab :
@plutomaniac :
Thank you both for the updated AMD BIOS modules. I will add them (with customized DeviceIDs) to the start post, when I am back home.

Looking at my repository, I also have these:

1B4B-9230 Marvell RAID 1.0.0.1024
1B21-0612 ASMedia AHCI 3.80
8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 10.1.1.1003

as well as a ton of different Intel AHCI:

Capture.PNG

Btw, once youā€™re back, some Mega links are dead all around the first topic. The mirrors work though.

stuff.rar (84.9 KB)

@plutomaniac :
You are right - there are lot of things to do within the ā€œBIOS Moddingā€ section of the Forum.
What I urgently need is someone, who overtakes the responsability for the ā€œstickyā€ threads of this Sub-Forum.
By the way:

1. I am wondering about the Intel AHCI Option ROM 8086-2822 within your list. AFAIK DEV_2822 is the DeviceID of the ā€œuniversalā€ (from ICH8R up usable) Intel SATA RAID Controller.
  2. As you certainly know, many users have problems while trying to install or to load/integrate the appropriate Intel AHCI or RAID driver, because they donā€™t know the exact DeviceID of their currently working Intel SATA Controller.
    To make it easier for all these users I am currently trying to create a list, which contains all known Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers from ICH6R up and their DeviceIDs. You can see the beginning of my work >here<. If you should have the time, please have a look at the content of the table and give me a feedback, if you should find a mistake or something, what I should add or change.

@Fernando ,
I discovered recently "PCI-Z" tool which allows the user to get all the DeviceIDs on its Windows PC.

@ Fernando:

Indeed that 2822 AHCI OROM is strange. I also have another one which is newer (2.00h) but has a DEV_ID of 0000 but I assume itā€™s 2822 as well. I have uploaded the files if you are interested.

Regarding the DEV_ID table, itā€™s a great idea. My AHCI/RAID knowledge is very limited, especially to yours so I canā€™t really tell you if something is wrong. What I can do when thereā€™s some free time is to check my repository for any RAID DEV_IDs which are not on your list.

AHCI 2822.rar (13.6 KB)

@plutomaniac :
Thank you very much for your efforts regarding the latest Intel AHCI ROM modules.
Although I am currently far away from home, I have done today a deeper look into the various Intel AHCI ROM modules, which you had uploaded. It seems to be a phantastic find, because the latest module v2.00h dated 05/04/2015 is 7 years newer than the old v1.20E one, which was the last, which had been officially released by Intel.
What I do not yet know is why Intel didnā€™t insert any specific Intel SATA AHCI Controller DeviceID into the module v2.00h. Either there is no need for it and this module will work with all old Intel AHCI Controllers or the specific DeviceID has to be added. Since this has to be tested by the users of an old Intel AHCI system, I have uploaded this module and offer it within the start post.
Maybe I will be able myself to test this module, when I am back home.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel AHCI ROM v2.00h dated 05/04/2015 (thanks to plutomaniac for the file)
    Since we do not yet know, if and how this new AHCI ROM module works, we need users of an old Intel AHCI system (up to 5-Series), who are willing to test this module and to report about the result.

• new: AMD AHCI ROM modules v3.3.2.0 for DEV_4391 and DEV_7801 (thanks to plutomaniac for the source file)

Good luck with these new AHCI ROM modules!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks guys! indeed great find. Iā€™ve just updated ahci rom in my gigabyte award bios from 3.3.0 version to AMD AHCI ROM modules v3.3.2.0 for DEV_4391, and ahci detection on boot became much faster than before. On 3.3.0 version there was small delay on last drive, now with 3.3.2 it is flawless! Greetings

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new:
    AMD RAID ROM and MISC.BIN v3.3.1593.20 for DEV_7802 (thanks to kgbab for the source files)
  • restructured:
    the complete start post (due to the big amount of data and the limited space within the start post I had to split it)
  • fixed and updated:
    all old and broken download links

Please: If you see any missing or broken links, please send me a PM! I donā€™t have the time to check all the links continuously.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando :
Hello !
I have bought an used Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 rev 2.0 ā€¦ and found there the Intel AHCI OROM v1.20E.
I could implement the v2.00H for a try in the next days.
Have to find back into the work with CBROM from Gigabyte ā€¦

Regards, MiMo

P.S.
Iā€™ll also test the AMD AHCI OROM v3.3.2.0 lateron my ASRock 990FX Extreme6 mobo.

@MiesMosel :
Thank you for being able and willing to test the new Intel AHCI ROM module v2.00h.
Note: Although I personally have no problem to understand your last post, you should keep in mind, that is a pure English language Forum.
A translation of your last post will be much appreciated.

EDIT: If you would give me the DeviceID of the on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller, I can try to insert it into the Intel AHCI ROM v2.00h for test purposes.

Sorry, I was deep into thinking, that I forgot to write in english.

How could I find/get the device-ID ?
I only find this:

Should I look into the device-manager of Win7?
Iā€™ve got no Windows installation in the moment for the Board.

It would be ok, if you post the Southbridge of the P35 chipset mainboard.
It is probably ICH9R.

No, itā€™s only a ICH9 -> but I donā€™t use RAID, only AHCI.

Could I also use Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v11.x or 12.x for AHCI or another one ??

Or should be the 2.00H the best for the moment, if it goes?

I doubt, that the Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 has an Intel ICH9 Southbridge (without any letter behind the "9"), because in this case its AHCI Controller would not be supported by any original Intel AHCI driver.
So I need the exact DeviceID of your on-board Intel SATA Controller while running in AHCI mode.
Since you have to install any Windows OS anyway before starting the test (otherwise you cannot measure the boot time differences), I recommend to do this as first step.
Once the Windows OS (preferable Win7, Win8.1 or Win10) is up and running in AHCI mode, check the DeviceID of the on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller. You can do it by running the Device Manager, expanding the "IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers" section, doing a right click onto the listed AHCI Controller and choosing the options "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs".

This wouldnā€™t make any sense, unless you want to run the on-board Intel SATA Controller later on in RAID mode.

I recommend to start your test with the stock BIOS and its Intel AHCI ROM v1.20E and to measure the boot time.
After having done that test, you should replace the stock Intel AHCI ROM by the new and not yet modified v2.00h one and repeat your test with this AHCI ROM configuration. If your system should boot with this updated AHCI ROM even better than with the stock one, no further tests are required, but if you should have troubles to boot into the OS at all, you should test the Intel AHCI ROM v2.00h variant, which I will modify for being used with your specific Intel SATA AHCI Controller. That is why I need the exact DeviceID of it.

Okay, Iā€™ll do the test first with old OROM v1.20E and Win7 in AHCI Mode ā€¦

@MiesMosel :
Thatā€™s fine. I am awaiting your test results and the DeviceID of the on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller.