AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Thank you for the offer, but I don’t need them. Furthermore I have a big pool of AHCI/RAID ROM modules stored myself. So if there would be a demand for any of them, I am able to upload it.
It was never my intention to offer all available AHCI and RAID ROM modules within the start post of this thread (it’s the same with the AHCI/RAID drivers). Contrary to domains like Station-Drivers I select and try to offer only modules (resp. drivers), which are recommended to use for certain systems.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.0.0.2371 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers
    The Intel RAID ROM line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Do you think that I can use it on my ASRock Z97 Extreme6?

I am pretty sure, that you can use the latest Intel RST drivers and RAID ROM/EFI BIOS modules v15.0, but I am not sure, whether they will give you better results than the v14.8 ones, which natively do fully support your Z97 system.

I’d like to suggest that a changelog can be added to the first post.

Anyway, big thanks to fernando for maintaining this very useful site.

@engineer :
Thanks for your suggestion, but what kind of changelog do you want to see within the start post?
If I would just edit the start post and insert the changelog there, the visitors of this Forum would not realize, when there are new AHCI or ROM modules available.
Or should I post the latest changelog additionally into the start post?

Yes, this is what I meant.
When adding a link to the new modules/o-roms, I think you can also copy the changelog from the announcing post & paste it to the first/top one, making it a new item in, say, the "Update HISTORY of modules/o-roms" section.
By looking at the first/top post, I can easily tell if there is an update and what the new one is. Hope this work won’t put too much load for you. Sorry for my poor English and thanks for your patience.

B.R.
Engineer

@engineer :
Thanks for the clarification.
Meanwhile I have added the last changelog to the srart post and hope, that this is ok for you and the other Forum members and visitors.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.2.0.2649 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers
    The Intel RAID ROM line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

For the record only…
This oROM does not work for RAID of ICH10R on ASUS P5Q Premium. All oROMs up to 15.0.0.2606 works fine, though.

It is obviously the first v15 version, which doesn’t really work with older Intel Chipsets (according to SoniX’s report not even with Z87 ones), the previous v15 versions may be usable with older systems (due to the universal external DeviceID DEV_2822), but they are not fully supported (due to the missing internal DeviceID within the Option ROM code).

I doubt, that any Intel RAID RST driver/OROM version, which belongs to the v14 or v15 line, is working fine with old Intel Chipsets like yours.
>Here< I have layed down my comment regarding the usability of the latest Intel RST drivers and Intel RAID BIOS modules with older chipsets.

Tried 2649 on HM87 Mobile Chipset (282a), not working, no Raid Display panel during boot. 2606 working fine.

@kaltmond :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The Intel RAID ROM/EFI BIOS modules v15.2.0.2649 belong to another development branch than the v15.0.2.2606 ones.
By the way: Both Intel RST development branches (15.0 and 15.2) are neither designed nor recommended for Intel 8- and 9-Series Chipsets (although the related RAID drivers may be installable.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

If somebody successfully flashed an PCIe card with any version of these marvell rom already, please leave a note. My supplier don’t provide an upgrade or any newer driver, so I am looking for other sources to upgrade my card.

Marvell MV-92xx SATA 6G Controller Firmware Version 2.3.0.1065 Bios Version 1.0.0.1024 Station-Drivers

@ Fernando:

Intel RST RAID 15.0.3.2675 EFI
8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 15.0.3.2675 OROM

15.0.3.2675.rar (140 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.0.3.2675 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Vander,
I upgraded two PCIe card with Marvel 88SE9230:
1 Lindy (Art. 51163) Rev. A0
1 Sintech (Model PCIE026) Rev. A1
Insalled on two motherboad with PCI-Express rev.1.x in a x8 slot (so I have max 2.5Gbps x 2).
Every controller have 1SSD and 1HDD connected in stand alone mode (no RAID configuration or HyperDuo)
Trim is ok, I use MSAHCI driver on Win7.

Bye

For the record only.

RAID function of this oROM works with the legacy ICH10R of ASUS P5Q Premium.

@Fernando

Hello :slight_smile:

Here is Intel RST 15.1.0.2545 legacy OROM & EFI driver, not the latest, but might be of interest.

intel_rst_15.1.0.2545.zip (149 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.1.0.2545 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers
    The Intel RAID ROM line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)