AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Ouch, I mean 9.87.

Sa for win xp64, I really did everything. Nothing worked.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.2 series for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.2.2.2775)
    The Intel RAID ROM line v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RST legacy OROM 15.5.0.2760 for Dev_2822

8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 15.5.0.2760.zip (65.5 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.5.0.2760 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers

Notes:
  • The Intel RAID ROM v15 platform has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up.
  • As long as no Intel RST(e) drivers v15.5.x.xxxx are available, it doesnā€™t make much sense to insert this Option ROM into the BIOS.
  • Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

i have an Asrock Z77 pro4 mainboard bios version 1.80 installed. i have used UEFITool to update the oroms trying to get a 6tb drive to bee seen in the bios. neither the Intel ports nor the Asmedia 106x ports can see it and in fact it hangs the system. I have tried Asmedia 106x orom versions : original v0.951, v0.97, and v3.80. only the first two actually come up and display the version number but none of them will recognize this Western Digital blue 5400 rpm sata 3 6gbps 6tb drive. The 6tb drive which is known good and has been tested to work flawlessly in another desktop that is about 5 years older(with modded opt roms upgraded bios) than the one im trying to get this drive to work in currently. It is a brand new drive btw.

I have also upgraded my Intel rst to version 13.1.0.2126 as suggested in this forum for my Intel 7 series chipset. This I assume makes 0 difference if Iā€™m not running in raid mode and just ahci which is what Iā€™m wanting to run in. Any help would be appreciated.

@polygaryd :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since you obviously do not run your on-board Intel SATA Controllers in RAID mode, an update of the Intel RAID ROM has no effect.
Regarding the different ASMedia Option ROM modules you should consider, that their functionality is very limited. Furthermore the available and usable ASMedia ROM modules are already very old.
My tip:
If you want to get very big sized HDDs managed by your system, you should use an up-to-date OS like Win10 and install it in UEFI mode using the GUIMode Partition Table (GPT) instead of the LEGACY mode Master Boot Record (MBR).

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I cant get the system to post with the 6tb drive plugged in so how would getting A different os change that in any way? I can only boot into windows if the drive is unplugged and then if i plug it back in after windows is booted it works! Then on restart of the system it wont post again.

Nevermind it was simply because the drive was one big gpt partition of exfat instead of ntfs. That shouldnā€™t matter at all but i guess it does! Ive spent about 5 hours on this updating everything i could find, bios, intel me, drivers!

@polygaryd :
Thanks for your feedback. It is fne, that you were able to find the reason and to solve your problem.
This verifies, that your issue has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

@ Fernando

Unless I am missing something, we donā€™t have any RSTe 5.x modules, correct?

That is correct.
Intel has obviously stopped the development of Intel RST "Enterprise Edition" Option ROM and EFI RAID modules, because the related RAID users with an X99 Chipset system are generally using the RST RAID modules and drivers from the v13/v14 platforms.

Apparently not

8086-2826 Intel RSTe RAID 5.0.0.1139
Intel RSTe RAID 5.0.0.1139

5.0.0.1139.rar (135 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe RAID ROM v5.0.0.1139 for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers (usable with X99 chipset systems)
    Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Do you think they will release a driver to match this? There is the beta that has been out but I am wondering what your experience has been in these releases?

That is correct.
Intel has obviously stopped the development of Intel RST "Enterprise Edition" Option ROM and EFI RAID modules, because the related RAID users with an X99 Chipset system are generally using the RST RAID modules and drivers from the v13/v14 platforms.

Now that they have released the modules, I am about to do a BIOS update on my ASUS R5E to 3501 and since I am at itā€¦what do you think of if I integrated the v5 RSTe modules into the BIOS instead of the v14RST. Any negatives aside from the fact the version 14 branch is well developed?

EDIT by Fernando: Both separate posts merged (to save space)

There are already matching RSTe drivers v5.0.0.2192 available.

To whom did you address this question? Only users with an Intel C600+ Series Chipset like X99 can give an answer.

You cannot easily switch from the Intel RST v14 platform to the RSTe v5 platform, because they support Intel SATA Controllers with different DeviceIDs. If you have a RAID system and want to use the RSTe v5 platform drivers and BIOS modules instead of the RST v14 platform ones, you have to switch the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller to RSTe mode from within the BIOS. If your BIOS doesnā€™t offer this option, you cannot use the Intel RSTe RAID driver.

Hey everyone,

Hope you all are doing well. I could use a bit of help with updating this computers OROM. Basically I had this rig laying around and wanted to try some virtualization, bought 4x 4TB hdd and when I try to make a raid10 array, each disk is only appearing as 1.6TB due to the OROM being version 9. something.

Looking at the intel site it looks like the latest one that would be compatible with my raid card would be version 12.9.

So I have managed to get my hands on UBU 1.65 and when I try to load my BIOS v1.13 that is the latest from the HP site, I get the error message
"Scanning BIOSā€¦ Please waitā€¦
Unknow Versiom AMI Aptio.
Press any key to continue . . ."

Now this BIOS update I got from http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publiā€¦8&swEnvOid=4054 under the BIOS section titled HP Compaq Business Desktop System BIOS (786H1 BIOS) (International) with the link http://h20565.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/publiā€¦1&swEnvOid=4054

So brings you to an .exe file that extracts itself into C:\SWSetup\SP53945 with a couple of different ways that you can update your bios.

Now in case you dont want to download this and extract it yourself I have both zipped the entire directory and 7z it as well and made it available from https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0ā€¦UnM?usp=sharing which is my own GDrive. I just hope that its not to sketchy as this will be my first post.

In that GDrive folder, I have also included an export of my msinfo32 so additional information should be able to be found there if needed.

Truthfully Im not sure where to go from here. The only time that I have messed around with raid was when I had a raid card made by vantech that was total shit, and just wanted to try setting up a virtualized pfsense instance and some type of nas/cloud storage.

If anyone knows what I could try to update my OROM I would really appreciate it.

Thank you in advance!

@RedOctane :

The company Hewlett-Packard obviously puts a specific variant of the AMI Aptio UEFI BIOS into their mainboard BIOS chips, which doesnā€™t make it easy to modify it and to get the modified BIOS properly flashed.
I am sorry, but I cannot help you. You should ask Hewlett-Packard for an updated BIOS.
On the other hand it is not a desaster to use the Intel RAID Utility v12.9.0.2006.
Since your request has nothing to do with the topic of the Sub-Forum ā€œDriversā€, where you posted it, I have moved your post and my reply.
Additional questions:
1. Why do you want to update the Intel RAID ROM module of your mainboard BIOS?
2. Which Intel Chipset has your HP system?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Im on Asrock z77 ext 3 with raid0 2xevo850 250gb> orom version is 11.2.0.1527. Should i upgrade the orom or is it just ok with the current version? And the efi rom is 11.6.0.1702. Thx.

@coldfear :

For an Intel RAID0 system it is the by far best option, if you want full performance with the Intel RAID driver v11.2.0.1006. The only problem is to get this old Intel RAID driver working with modern Windows Operating Systems, but >here< is a guide about how to solve this problem.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I tried twice to integrate the 1006 into win 10 x64 but every time it ends up in blue screen :slight_smile: . I must be doing something wrong even i did follow to the letter the guide. What is best win 10+mbr bios or win 10 full uefu install?

If you want to benefit from the extremely good performance of the Intel RAID0 array running with the Intel RST RAID driver v11.2.0.1006, you have to use the MBR partition scheme option.