AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.5.0.2813

8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 15.5.0.2813.zip (65.2 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.5 series for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.5.0.2813)
    The Intel RAID ROM platfom v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello,

i have a X58a OC with a Marvel 9182 Sata Controller with a modded Bios. I want to replace the Marvel-Rom with the special one provided in the module section.
So i extracted the PCI Rom C with bin 91a2b25.bin that should be the right one (hex look).
But the huge difference in filesize is holding me from replacing the rom (131 vs 31) and i am wondering if i am something missing like bootloader, firmware etc. ???
Files are attached.

Thank you very much.

ask-winraid1.jpg

winraidask.zip (1020 KB)

@drizzler :
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Yes, you probably will have to replace the Marvell Option ROM, the Marvell Bootloader and the Marvell Firmware.
Since this is rather complicated and I am not an expert regarding this sort of BIOS modding, I recommend to have a deeper look into >this< special Marvell BIOS modding thread. Hopefully anyone among our Marvell BIOS module Gurus can help you.
By the way - I have deleted within the other thread your second post, which had the same content.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.5 series for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.5.0.2875)
    The Intel RAID ROM platfom v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source file.
  • new: Intel RSTe RAID ROM v4.6.0.1018 for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers
    Thanks to Pacman for the source file)

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

hello,everyone.
where is ahci module in ami bios? i cant find ahci module in ami bios ,and I think to modify ahci 1.20e to ahci 2.00h.my motherboard is asus p7h57d-evo.
can you help me?
thanks.

@liuyanfanglyf :
Since the latest BIOS for your H57 chipset ASUS mainboard doesn’t contain any Intel AHCI ROM module (I have checked it), you cannot update it.
Why do you want to do it at all? Modern Intel chipset systems from 5-Series up have an on-board Intel SATA Controller, which neither needs nor uses any AHCI Option ROM.

yes,my h57 bios has no AHCI Option ROM in mmtools.but there is ahci option in bios setup.why is this?

To give you the option to choose the AHCI mode, but none of the Intel SATA AHCI Controllers from 5-Series chipsets up need any Option ROM to run the SATA ports properly in AHCI mode.

ooh,thanks.

@Fernando
I’m trying to test AMD Raid ROM 3.3.1540.19 for my Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P (790X/SB750). Normally it supports Raid-5, and latest bios has 3.0.1540.59 ROM.
In device manager, i get ID 4393, but extracted modules show 92 43 Hex, so they are 4392 ones.
Since this is an Award bios-based board, i should use Uncompressed Misc.bin modules, but the ones listed in the first post are compressed ones.

My question is :
a) Should i use the 4393 or the 4392 Raid.bin ?
b) How can i decompress the Misc.bin attached in first post, in order to successfully insert to my Award BIOS ? (i tried with 7-zip, since it is lzma compression, but still the file is much smaller and different from the original one)

Thank you in advance
Regards,
George

@felix :
Although I have written the start post of this thread, I am not an expert regarding the update of AMD RAID ROM and MISC.BIN modules.

To take the DEV_4393 Option ROM should be correct, but in case of doubt it may be a good idea to insert a module, whose internal DeviceID is identical with the one, which is within the original BIOS.

I don’t know, because I have never tried to do it. Are you sure, that you must not insert the untouched MISC.BIN, which I am offering within the start post?

Thank you for your reply !

In the first post i found the info that some 4393 devices have the particulatiry fo having a 4392 module.However, all new 4392 modules do not support Raid 5, altough the "old" original 3.0.1540.59 that i have (also 4392) supports Raid-5.

I guess that there was a split somewhere in the development of these modules so that the 4392 were for non-raid Southbridges (SB700/710,SB800, etc) and the 4393 for R-5 ones.

So, i may have to use 4393 modules from the latest ones.

As for the MISC.bin, the original (3.0.1540.59) in my bios is 61KB and the replaced one (3.2.1540.15) is 64, after these "3.2" modules i think that the MISC.bin files are smaller (approx. 22-24KB).

In the first post, there is a differentiation between the modules used in AMI bioses and the ones used in Award. AMI are compressed, AWARD are uncompressed. The small MISC.bin files in the first post (of 3.3. series) are compressed, because they have an -lh5- header.

I will try to see the differences by testing.

I found a set of modules in my database, 3.2.1540.31, from some ASUS Crosshair IV modded bios, it is for 4393 and i prepared a bios for that.

I will revert with results.

EDIT : Failed, Raid Rom does not even invoke at boot. Even tried with changing the DID inside it.

Will continue in a new thread for the GA-MA790X-UD3P

8086-2826 Intel RSTe RAID 5.0.0.1217
8086-2827 Intel sSATA RSTe RAID 5.0.0.1217

5.0.0.1217.rar (58 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Intel RSTe RAID ROM v5.0 series for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers (now v5.0.0.1217)
    Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.7.0.2925 for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: Intel RSTe RAID ROM v5.1.0.1007 for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers

• The Intel RAID ROM platfom v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.5 series for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.5.1.3017)

• The Intel RAID ROM platfom v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.[/li]

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• updated: Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v15.7 series for DEV_2822 SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.7.0.3054)

• The Intel RAID ROM platfom v15 has been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.[/li]

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe SATA RAID ROM v5.2.0.1023 for DEV_2826 SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: Intel RSTe sSATA RAID ROM v5.2.0.1023 for DEV_2827 sSATA RAID Controllers

• These Intel RSTe RAID ROM modules have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel X99/X299 Chipsets. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I gather this also applies vice versa, replacing the RSTe with RST (IRST).Do you know how the switch in the Bios works?
The X79 is only RST officially an yet the switch allows you to change between 2826 and 2822 by selecting RSTe or IRST

Regards
ZeroCool

EDIT by Fernando: Quoting code corrected