AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

So no special conditions?
first drivers than flash Bios… that is the procedure i guess :)) :))

@PitKoz :
No, this is the best order, if you want to create an Intel RAID array, which will give your system the best performance and stability:
1. Flashing the BIOS, which contains the desired Intel RAID ROM module.
2. Creation of the desired RAID array.
3. Fresh install of the OS by using an image with integrated desired Intel RAID driver.

Can work with mcp79 on nforce 790i ultra sli?

No.
You should not insert the original NVIDIA nVRAID ROM v10.0.0.35, because nForce 790i Ultra SLI chipsets belong to the MCP55 series (and not to the MCP79 series).

It will work though, with the proper editing of the DevID. I used the 10.0.0.35 on a NF3 motherboard with SATA RAID and it worked a treat!

Yes, but none of the nVRAID ROM v10.0.0.1035 modules, which are offered within the start post of this thread (incl. the modified ones), will work with nForce 790i chipset RAID systems. The hex code of the module has to be specificly modified and the checksum has to be corrected.

ok, there is a guide for edit that?

No, I have never written such guide, because the risk of a failure is too big.
Nevertheless you can find it out yourself by comparing the hex code of the original and the modded modules and knowing the DeviceID if the MCP55 nForce P-ATA Controller (it is DEV_036E).

i have change hex devid code from DE 10 BD 0A to DE 10 6E 03
if is only that it’s easy

@pipes80 :
As far as I remember, the code of the DeviceID has to be customized more than 1 time.
Furthermore the checksum-8 of the Option ROM has to be corrected to 00.

Checksum-8 must equal 0 Ninja’d by Fernando You can’t delete if you want, hopped in to say that in case he got in hurry and went ahead without

checksum32 is change from 004DD100 to 004DD0AA

@pipes80 :
The checksum-32 doesn’t matter.

which checksum do I have to check?

You obviously haven’t read, what I have written >here<.

I have watch my southbridge is an nforce 570 SLI

Since the nForce P-ATA Controllers of all nForce chipsets, which belong to the MCP55 series, have the same DeviceID, it doesn’t matter.

but is p-ata and sata o not?

can enabled ahci in this board?

No. P-ATA means Parallel ATA, whereas S-ATA means Serial ATA.

No, MCP55 boards do not offer AHCI support.