AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

• >"Universally TRIM modified" Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006 with TRIM in RAID0 support< (>MIRROR<)
    Note: This modded OROM is designed for DEV_2822/282a Intel RAID Controllers. For details look look >here<. Credits go to CPL0 aka Dufus for having developed this special OROM modification.

• This rom had try in p5q deluxe bios non-uefi and don't work, blocked at raid page.
    only work for p5q deluxe efi bios

p5q_deluxe_main_mod.zip (1.15 MB)

What is a “RAID page” and how did you join it?

I have an H61 motherboard (AHCI only - no RAID).

I have the ability to update two modules, first the EFI and then the legacy OROM versions to 12.x

My question is:

It says to use certain drivers with specific module versions, but then it also says somewhere here that rom modules only matter in RAID mode. I have Device ID 1C02. Do I need to update my OROM and EFI module?

Thanks

No, an update of these modules will have no effect on your system. You can even remove them from the BIOS without recognizing any difference.
    The Intel RAID ROM resp. EFI RAID BIOS module is only required and used, if the Intel SATA Controller has been set to “RAID” mode within the BIOS.

Excellent, thank you very much (now I don’t need to desolder that BIOS chip again).

Just need to update the driver to 12.9.4.1000 then.

@Fernando

Uploaded archive with all OROM and EFI IRST(e) files.
    https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9W9v/NPxCcQswv
    I collected all that I have at the moment.

@SoniX :
    Thank you very much for the link to the collection, which contains probably all currently available Intel RAID and NVMe Controllers BIOS modules. This is a big help for all users, who are searching for a specific Intel RAID Option ROM or EFI RaidDriver module.
    After having done a deeper look into your collection, I found a lot of BIOS modules, which I hadn’t yet stored. So your collection seems to be far better than mine.

This is what I have realized:

• The following RSTe RAID BIOS modules of your collection seem to be new regarding their version, but in fact they are very old:
      1. v4.0.2.6810 dated 11/11/2004
      2. v5.7.0.1011 dated 02/21/2006 and
      3. v6.1.0.1002 dated 06/14/2006
      Question: Are you sure, that these 3 listed Intel RSTe BIOS modules have been officially released and belong to the related Intel RSTe v4, v5 and v6 platform?
    • The name of the Intel NVMeDriver v1.0.0.2063 contains a typo (first letter is an M instead of N).

@Fernando
    Thanks for the comments. Made corrections.
    Added 2 folders:
    - ISM \ 4.0.2.6810 0x8086 - 0x2652
    - MSM \
    – 5.7.0.1011 0x8086 - 0x27C6
    – 6.1.0.1002 0x8086 - 0x2822

@ all:
    Update of the Start post
    Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe RAID ROM v5.5.0.1028 for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
    • Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

what’s orom work with ich10r non-uefi bios?
    I have not found a worked version

@pipes80 :
    It is hard to believe, that you didn’t yet find any Intel RAID ROM module, which works flawlessly with an Intel ICHR RAID system. Have you ever tried the Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527? Its results in combination with the Intel RST RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 are superb.
    The v10 and v11 platform Intel RST drivers and RAID ROM modules were designed for being used with an Intel ICH10R Southbridge, but I am pretty sure, that even the RST v13 platform Intel RAID ROM modules will properly work with Intel ICH10R RAID systems.

only Intel RST RAID ROM v10.1.0.1008 work fine for me

The later released Intel RAID ROM modules are much bigger sized and obviously cannot be loaded while booting, but would work fine, if the mainboard manufacturer would solve this BIOS problem.

I thinked same thing.
    I can use them only with the bios efi of the p5q deluxe, but with the normal bios it is not possible

With efi bios work fine 13.5 too

It depends on the mainboard manufacturer and the specific BIOS.
    As you can see within >this< table, some users with an Intel ICH10R Southbridge mainboard were able to successfully flash and use an Intel RST RAID ROM module up to v12.7.0.1936.

@ all:
    Update of the Start post
    Changelog:

• new: Intel RST RAID ROM v16.5.0.53439 for modern Intel SATA RAID Controllers
    • new: Intel RST RAID ROM v17.0.0.3592 for the upcoming v17 platform Intel RST RAID drivers

• The Intel RAID ROM platfoms v16/v17 have been primarily designed for the Intel 300-Series Chipsets.
      It has to be tested, whether these Intel RAID ROM modules work with Intel 100/200-Series Chipset RAID systems as well.
      I do not recommend to insert any v17 platform Intel RAID module as long as no v17 platform Intel RST RAID driver is available.
      Thanks to plutomaniac for the source files.

Regards
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
    I was reading this thread for some information on possibly updating the BIOS modules on my Asrock Z77 motherboard when I saw that there was a TRIM modified Intel MSM RAID ROM v8.5.0.1030 available for Intel P35 chipset motherboards with RAID ROMs 64kb or smaller. A while back I tried to update the Intel RAID ROM on my Abit IP35 Pro motherboard so it would support TRIM in RAID0, but discovered that the available ROMs were too big for the IP35 Pro’s BIOS.

So, I immediately tried again with this new ROM, and the mod was successful without any issues. I was just getting ready to remove one of the 840 EVOs so I would finally have TRIM support, so the timing was great. Thanks again for your guides, I do appreciate it.

@ all:
    Update of the Start post
    Changelog:

• new: Intel RST RAID ROM v17.0.0.3713 for the upcoming v17 platform Intel RST RAID drivers

• The Intel RAID ROM platfoms v16/v17 have been primarily designed for the Intel 300-Series Chipsets.
      It has to be tested, whether these Intel RAID ROM modules work with Intel 100/200-Series Chipset RAID systems as well.
      I do not recommend to insert any v17 platform Intel RAID module as long as no v17 platform Intel RST RAID driver is available.
      Thanks to westlake for the source file.

Regards
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Paulos7 - 85KB ones will work in the Abit IP35 board too