AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

BIOS modules cannot be installed. They have to be inserted or replaced by using a specific BIOS tool like the UEFITool or the AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool. The easiest way for a replacement is the usage of the UBU tool.

Intel has never published a changelog, when a BIOS module has been updated.

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST RAID ROM v17.3.0.3758 for DEV_2822 Intel RAID Controllers
  • Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.
    This BIOS module has been designed for the upcoming Intel RST v17.3.x.xxxx drivers. I do not really recommend to insert them into the BIOS unless these drivers are available.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

All above links are dead and files not present on lattice semiconductors archive page (only older versions are in archive).
I am desperately looking for files from links to upgrade controller BIOS:
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/SiI3124__6600.zip file: 6600.bin ver.6.6.00 06-23-2008
http://www.siliconimage.com/docs/3124_6409.zip file: 6409.bin ver.6.4.09 01-02-2007
Please help or post them. (It should be small zip’s)

@Silicon_Boy :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

While doing a Google search for Silicon Image RAID Option ROM modules, I may have found a treasure chest.
Look >here<!
After having sorted out the best jewels, please let me know, which ones should be added to the start post of this thread.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Silicon_Boy
On my side I do use under W10 x64 a PCIe x4 SATA Link add in card from Silicon Image to offer a eSATA port.
Here are the sreenshots to provide DeviceINFO, Driver info and on board Flash BIOS info.

SiliconImage3132 SATALink_Controller_driver_12mars19.PNG

SiliconImage3132 SATALink_Controller_Device_Info_12mars19.PNG

SiliconImage3132 SATALink_Controller_Flash_BIOS_info_12mars19.PNG

I believe the original F10b bios from the gigabyte z97x sli came with the rom module v13.x. Back when UBU shipped some, I updated it to I think v15.x
Can I update it to the latest (v17) that’s available in OP?

The question is not, whether you can update the related Intel RAID module(s) within the BIOS to the latest version, the question is, whether it will work with your old Z97 system.
I am pretty sure, that it will not work. Furthermore your system wouldn’t benefit from the latest Intel RAID BIOS modules (even if the related module would work).

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST RAID ROM v17.2.0.3790 for DEV_2822 Intel RAID Controllers
    This BIOS module has been designed for being used in combination with the Intel RST v17.2.x.xxxx drivers.
    Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Guys.
Have a GA-P67A-UD3P-B3 motherboard with F9 bios. Old but not obsolete, lol. Got on sale some bigger than in use SSD’s and want to make RAID0, but question in TRIM.
Found in this thread post with modified (TRIM in RAID0) and working ok bios for very similar mb - GA-P67A-UD3-B3, but original bios files from gigabyte site are very different. Try to flash it? Also, found howto-manual for update uefi bios, but there is no official uefi for my mb.
Plz, help with this ancient hardware.

@JustUser :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

If you want get TRIM support within your future Intel RAID0 array, you will have to do the following:

1. Replace the Intel RAID ROM module, which is within the original Gigabyte BIOS for your mainboard, by a TRIM in RAID0 modded variant. The easiest and safest way is to let the UBU tool do the work (look >here<). Don’t forget to put the desired TRIM modded Intel RAID ROM module into the UBU\Files\intel\RST subfolder and rename it to “RaidOrom.bin” before you start running the ubu.bat file.
  2. Flash the modded BIOS by following the advices given within the start post of >this< thread. After having given the modded BIOS the same name (incl. extension) as the original BIOS, you should be able to flash the BIOS successfully by using the Q-Flash Utility.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando , @Lost_N_BIOS ,

Regarding to your recent post #1289 I have a ASUS Z390 platform with DEV_2822 and running currently Intel RST v17.2.x.xxx driver.
How do you update the BIOS RAID ROM v17.2.0.3790 ?
The motherboard has no Flash Back button and so the only BIOS update method is thru FPT Tool (DOS interface does work) using a BIOS region dump modded via UBU Tool.
But do you recommend to use which UBU tool version ?
and how to adapt/mod the appropriate UBU tool version to offer and force the RAID OROM current detected and the new one RAID ROM offered for a BIOS Region (13 Mo size) file ?
Any potential compatibility problem due to UBU manipulation of a BIOS region (13Mo) instead of a full BIOS file (16Mo)?

Does v17.3.xx branch (driver and RAID ROM) more appropriate for this DEV_2822 ?

@100PIER :
Lost_N_BIOS knows much more about how to flash a modded BIOS than me. So you should wait for his reply.
Regarding the UBU tool you should better ask @SoniX. By the way: Why do you want to update the Intel RAID ROM module and not the EFI RaidDriver?

The compatibility of the Intel RST RAID drivers and BIOS modules doesn’t depend on the externally shown DeviceID, but on the internal DeviceID of the on-board Intel SATA RAID Controller. You can try to check it by using the attached tool, which has been developed and compiled by our Forum member CPL0.

SataID tool compiled by Dufus.rar (44.2 KB)

Thanks Fernando.
I do ignore if we can update the both (Intel RAID ROM and EFI RAID driver).
For what reasons do you recommend to update EFI Raid driver first ?

Where did I recommend that?
What I meant is, that users of a modern system usually do not install the OS and boot their system in LEGACY mode. So there would be no need to update the Intel RAID ROM module.

Thanks for answer, but UBU useless for me - for my mb only legacy bios available. But i found some magic named “CBROM” and replace in bios file default raid rom v10.6.0.1091 on “Intel RST(e) RAID ROM v12.9.0.2006 with TRIM in RAID0 support” downloaded from raid rom topic. Now, question is - does it enough, to work propertly or i must update/replace something else in bios file before flashing? Also, not sure in mod rom version, maybe “Intel RST RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527” would be better for so old hardware.

@JustUser :
i didn’t know, that your Intel 6-Series mainboard is one of the very few ones without an UEFI BIOS.
I recommend to replace the Intel RAID ROM by the TRIM modified v11.2.0.1527. No other BIOS module has to be touched.

@Fernando ,

Thanks, all my W10 PCs are installed in UEFI mode and I do agree to not pay attention to the original Intel RAID ROM module into the original ASUS BIOS as well in any modded BIOS.
So I have to update ,if available and if possible the EFI Raid driver into BIOS.

Thanks for the SATA ID tool by Dufus.
I have tested this tool on Sabertooth Dual SATA controller: the tool does detect only the SATA controller 1 with its DEV_ID and its "alternate" ID.
SATA controller 2 is not detected.

On ASUS PRIME Z390M-Plus PC the SATA controller is not detected by SATA ID tool:

Z390_SATA_ID.PNG

So, how to be sure Intel iRSTe branch 17.3 is more adapted than 17.2 for recent Z390 platforms ?

You will have to find it out yourself by testing both driver versions.

OROM SATA Marvell 92xx - v1.0.0.1027

Not configured (pure) - Device ID = 0x0000
To set the desired Device ID, use SetDevID.

Added:

Source Station-Drivers
https://www.station-drivers.com/index.ph…id=3940&lang=en

OROM_Mrvl_92xx.rar (20.3 KB)