AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

@Fernando 6.2.0.1034 does not replace 6.1.0.1017 ?
The drivers were updated in 6.2.0.1239

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe SATA RAID ROM v6.2.0.1034 for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: Intel RSTe sSATA RAID ROM v6.2.0.1034 for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers
  • Thanks to westlake for the source files.
    These BIOS modules are designed for the RSTe v6.2.x.xxxx series Intel RSTe drivers.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@tistou77 :
The files have been posted by westlake this morning. So it has not been a long time to wait for the update of the start post.
It takes a while to get everything sorted, uploaded, freshly formatted and linked. Furthermore I don’t have always the time to do something instantly.
Requests/reminders like yours let me think, that I should better stop the support of the big majority of “my” threads.
What about you? Are you willing and able to overtake the support of this thread and to update the start post within a few minutes?

@Fernando

Thanks for your incredible work!!!

Let me ask, I am searching the VROC with VMD and VMDD files and can’t remember if there is a specific thread for them.

@Fernando I asked because in your post #1361, you said you would not add them
But I just saw that you were answering someone else

Only the RaidOrom.bin is updated (DEV_2826 and 2827), not the sSataOrom.bin, is it ?

Thanks so much

@tistou77

Both are updated, but file names are the same, raidorom.bin. U have to pay attention to compressed file name, so sata will be raidorom.bin and ssata will be ssataorombin.

@vmanuelgm Ok thanks, in the previous version, the file was named RaidDriver-sSata.efi

You are mixing Intel RAID Option ROM and EFI RaidDriver modules.
This is the thread about the Legacy mode Intel RAID Option ROM modules. The thread about the Intel EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules is >here<.

@Fernando

VROC VMD and VMDD files can be found in some thread here??? Can’t remember.

Or must wait for UBU updates???

@Fernando I was wrong in the file name, it’s sSataOrom.bin (not RaidDriver-sSata.efi)

In first page

Intel-RSTe_sSATA-RAID-ROM_v6.1.0.1017 => sSataOrom.bin
Intel-RSTe_sSATA-RAID-ROM_v6.2.0.1034 => RaidOrom.bin

@vmanuelgm :
Within this thread I am only offering Legacy mode Option ROM BIOS modules for on-board AHCI and RAID Controllers.
VROC_VMD modules are EFI ones and offered by SoniX within the UBU tool.

@tistou77 :
Thanks for the info. Meanwhile I have changed the name of the Intel RSTe sSATA RAID OROM module v6.2.0.1034 according to the UBU rules and reuploaded and relinked the related file.

@westlake

Can you post the bios file you got 6.2.0.1034 RaidOrom & sSataOrom from ? for me to have a look at

Thanks,

Biozzz

@biozzz

Here u can find the latest 6.2.0.1034 VROC VMD modules:

https://mega.nz/#!J7BRGKDR!KB_GbCXuWekEg…GwwHMeG8w5j2nnI

I’m just wondering if anyone has had positive results upgrading the 3.8.x platform oproms on Intel C600/X79 systems. I’ve upgraded, it didn’t brick, and everything appears functional, I can get into the RAID oprom, but I haven’t run the system through the rounds yet. I’ve read it’s better to have the onboard efi drivers on the same platform as the drivers, so I upgraded my oproms to match the new efi drivers. I went with 4.3.x for the SCU oprom and 4.5.x for the RAID oprom. I chose these versions as the most recent SCU/RAID pairing is in the 4.5.10.1021 download at intel. I realize there may be windows drivers in other code trees available here that will work with this board, but the most recent windows SCU driver I could find was 4.5.x, even in 4.6 downloads. Also, 4.1 was the only unupgraded oprom I saw in anyone’s output, so I definitely didn’t want to risk going higher.

BTW, there are some quirks upgrading the RAID oprom on my Asus Z9PE-D8 WS, I posted about it in the UBU thread >here<

Hi and thanks for all this information. I’m trying to mod the BIOS of an HP Proliant ML110 G6 server.

Its chipset is 3420.

In the BIOS, SATA can be IDE, AHCI, RAID and Disabled.

Vendor and Device codes are 8086:3b22 in AHCI mode. Both Windows and Linux gets it as Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset 6 port SATA AHCI Controller. But there is no option rom message while booting, referring to that matter, as seen in other motherboards I have.

In RAID mode, Vendor and Device codes changes to 8086:3b25, and while the PCI Devices database show it’s an Intel 5 Series/3400 Series Chipset SATA RAID Controller, its Vendor code changes it to HP Smart Array B110i SATA RAID Controller. The ROM utility to create the RAID is nothing like the standard Intel one. I’m trying to replace/update the RAID bios with the one in this OP, but they are meant for the 2822 device.

I’m wondering if HP is using his own device, or Intel OEM’ed HP the RAID BIOS with custom code.

@tokafondo :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller has the DeviceID DEV_3B22 and neither has nor needs an Intel AHCI Option ROM module within the mainboard BIOA. That is why you do not get an AHCI ROM popup message while booting.
DEV_3B25 is the DeviceID of Intel’s “LSI Embedded MegaRAID Controller”, which neither needs nor will accept any of the DEV_2822 Intel RAID OROM BIOS modules, which are offered within this thread. For further details you should contact HP as manufacturer of your system.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks. As there is actually a firmware for it, I will try to get the newest one.

@Fernando ,

new RST_17.8.0.4438_RaidOrom found, have good luck.

RST_17.8.0.4438_RaidOrom.bin.zip (65.5 KB)

@ all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RST RAID ROM v17.8.0.4434 for DEV_2822 Intel RAID Controllers
  • Thanks to morpheus67 for the source file.
    This BIOS module has been designed for the latest Intel Chipset systems from 300-Series up. Maybe it will work with Intel 100-/200-Series chipset systems as well.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello there, I have a question: I am using an Asrock 890FX Deluxe 3 motherboard with SB850 and AMD FX CPU.

I wanted to set up a RAID5 system, but the AMD Raid Rom could only access up to 3x800gb HDD. I used 3x3000GB hard disks, so I had to use the AMD Software solution Raid Expert.

Now I want to migrate from windows 7 and windows 10 and the horror starts. Softwaresolution= data loss, if you replace the OS.

Is there a way, to update the RAID Rom to a version with support of higher capacity HDDs in Raid 5 configuration? I currently use 3.2.1540.15

I am using Bios L3.03 (http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/BIOS…uxe3(L3.03).zip)

@Fernando

Intel RST RAID ROM v17.8.0.4460 for DEV_2822

8086-2822 Intel RST RAID 17.8.0.4460.zip (65.2 KB)