AHCI & RAID Option ROM Modules

Thanks @Fernando and @SoniX - I considered testing last byte change, but I was not sure if that would be OK either, at least we know in this situation any bad edit will not = brick, only failed load of AHCI module and BIOS can be reflashed.
I used to know the byte, back in the 1.20E editing days, but I can’t remember it now and even looking at several different versions of 1.20E I can’t tell.

SoniX - I already know how to correct file size bytes, so that would not be an issue, but thanks. I know how to add 512 byte chunk, but am not exactly sure what you meant to add if not 200h (200h / 512Bytes, or add 512h)?
Is this correct now, using 200h added of 00 + 3A 22 DevID + checksum & File Size fixed - https://ufile.io/rgktjnfp
How does this work OK, if BIOS routine checks the usual/proper checksum byte for it’s stored value, or that doesn’t matter since we correct overall?

@Lost_N_BIOS
I checked AHCI 2.00h.
On GA-EP45-DS3P AHCI 2.00h works and loads. AHCI 2.00h sees my SSD but the bios itself does not see SSD, sadness.

@SoniX - Above method works then, thanks!

@Dagal - sounds like this AHCI Module is not compatible with the BIOS then, since AHCI is loading and showing SSD I don’t think the mod to it is causing any issue or it wouldn’t load itself.

* Edit - after more testing, checksum correction at byte 0x07h without padding adjustment also works!! But either way, SSD/HDD is not visible to BIOS, to be selected as a boot device, so not compatible with this particular BIOS

@Fernando Orom VROC/ RSTe 6.3 sSATA (attached OROM SATA and sSATA, source)

vroc_6.3_sata_ssata orom.zip (119 KB)

@Fernando There is version 7.0.0.2008 for "OROM Intel VROC for SATA", no ?

Intel-RSTe_SATA-RAID-ROM_v7.0.0.2008.rar (57.9 KB)

Intel-RSTe_sSATA-RAID-ROM_v7.0.0.2008.rar (57.9 KB)

@tistou77 :

AFAIK there are no Legacy mode Intel VROC modules available (only EFI RAID modules).

@all:
Update of the Start post
Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe sSATA RaidOrom module v6.3.0.1005 for DEV_2827 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (thanks to flb6)
  • new: Intel RSTe SATA RaidOrom module v7.0.0.2008 for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (thanks to tistou77)
  • new: Intel RSTe sSATA RaidOrom module v7.0.0.2008 for DEV_2827 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (thanks to tistou77)
  • renamed: all Intel RSTe sSATA RaidOrom modules (for an easier insertion according to the UBU rules)

• All these BIOS modules have been designed for the latest Intel C600+ Series Chipset systems from X299 up.
Note:
This is my last update of the start post. It takes too much time for me and I have supported the threads about the Intel RAID BIOS modules long enough (more than 7 years!) It is time for someone else to take over this task.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@tistou77 Where did you find the Oroms?

@lfb6 In SoniX’s archive

@tistou:
Thanks for the v7 platform RSTe Raid Orom modules.
I doubt, that Intel will release newer ones, because Legacy Option ROM modules will not be used with modern systems.
By the way - Intel is working on the RSTe v7.5 development branch. The v7.5.0.1030 RaidDriver is already available >here<.

@Fernando
Yes I have 7.5 version for "EFI RaidDriver"

I do not use any RST / RSTe driver (NVMe only) and the Windows 10 native driver for the DVD ROM
I don’t know if it’s really useful for me to monitor these EFI / OROM

I have a JMB36x SATA controller card with DEV_2363 and ROM v1.07.24. According to its supplier there is no newer ROM available, but ROM v1.07.28 and v1.08.01 in post #2 of this topic seem newer. Can these be used and what is the flash procedure?

@kyriacos :
The Option ROM BIOS modules, which are offered within this thread, are designed for mainboards with an on-board AHCI or RAID Controller. Add-on cards with a JMicron JMB36x RAID Controller may need another JMicron RAID Firmware and a special JMicron Firmware Update tool.
By the way - a JMicron RAID OROM/Firmware update only makes sence, if you have created a JMicron RAID array.

@Fernando

So, if I have any problems like for example performance issues under Windows, should I blame the driver and not the ROM?

@kyriacos :
If you have problems with your JMicron RAID add-on card, you can blame everything and everyone (inclusive me), but you will have to find out the responsable yourself.

@Fernando

What does this mean?

@kyriacos :
It means, that I cannot help you without any information about
a) the problem you have encountered,
b) your specific RAID configuration and
c) the currently in-use JMicron RAID driver version.

@Fernando

a) If two drives are connected simultaneously on the card then transfer rate (reading/writing) drops. If only one drive is connected then transfer rate is fine.
b) I don’t use RAID.
c) Latest JMicron driver version 1.17.65.

@kyriacos :
In this case the JMicron RAID Firmware version is irrelevant.
Regarding the performance drop-down when running with more than 1 connected HDD/SSD, you should better ask the JMicron Technical Support.

I have a motherboard Asus z170 pro gaming. My Intel Raid Rom is 15.2.1.2771. what is the latest Intel Raid Rom? Or best for my motherboard? Well thank you

@fefe128 :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Since you will can find the latest Intel RAID ROM modules within the start post of this already existing thread, I have moved your request here.
The choice of the best matching Intel RAID ROM/EFI BIOS module version depends on the platform and development branch of the in-use or desired Intel RAID driver.
If you are not sure, which Intel RAID driver and RAID ROM version will be the best for your Intel Z170 chipset system, please look into the start post of >this< thread. At the bottom you will find a table, where I have listed the versions, which I recommend for users with an Intel Z170 chipset RAID system.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)