[ARCHIVE] Outdated UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions

@Ruin

Very interesting… It’s all right, But version 8 shows only “%s.”…

Ok. I’ll send you 2 files, will you check?

Okay, you can send me the files and I try it!

@Ruin
There are 2 files of PRO/1000 versions 6.8.05 and 7.0.05 in the archive.
You should take turns checking both files. Be sure to see that there was no "%s".
Tell me what version works correctly.

Edit:
Attach removed

@SoniX

Really interesting! v6.8.05 & and v7.0.05 works properly!
The version v7.0.05 is the last of the 7 series?
Otherwise I would like to try the last version of the 7 row!

v6.8:

68.png

v7.0:

70.jpg

@Ruin

Very well. Catch the archive, it has 2 versions
7,8,03 - last
8.1.03 - probably will be "%s".

pro1000_2.rar (147 KB)

Okay, I tested a lot and recognize the problem!

example:

180928094430.jpg

180928094444.jpg

180928094457.jpg

180928094503.jpg

180928094520.jpg

It is up to the language!

What’s happening here, is one orom being replaced with a EFI module, or is there a naming/type error? I plan to update these by hand, only using UBU to check versions, update options easier, so no worries if this is a bug needs fixed)
I’m don’t usually update AMD RAID modules, so maybe I should already know

AMD-RAIDExpert2.png

Thanks for all your hard work SoniX!

@Ruin

Thank you so much! You are a young man who guessed to check the change of languages.

This is very strange and incomprehensible, and whether the module will work correctly with another language outside of the BIOS.

While there is such a strange problem, I will replace the version with 7.8.03.
I hope that with this version there are no problems with languages?
Version 8 and newer will be in a separate archive, as test.

@Lost_N_BIOS

That’s right.
In the BIOS there are 1 EFI file and 2 OROM files.
Sometimes the versions OROM can be different.

For the replacement shown 1 OROM, but replaced by all found.
The difference is only in the Device ID and GUID or SubGUID.

I checked the availability of language packs in the EFI LAN PRO/1000 v8. They are - En, De, Es, F r… I can not say exactly why such a problem.
Perhaps the problem is in the BIOS itself from a specific manufacturer.
Maybe in the EFI file itself, that is, Intel has rebuilt the query points into the language, But then again it turns out that the problem is again in BIOS.

In general, it is necessary to observe new versions of BIOSes and EFI files.

@SoniX

My pleasure. It was fun! :smiley:

What can I say about that…

Version 7 & 8 have the same problem!
Most Mainboards (Asus, MSI, Gigabyte …) with IC: I211-AT have 6 versions.
That does not have to mean anything. It is not updated often. We have UBU for that! :wink:

I also think that it is the BIOS. I will test the whole again at a new bios version.
Currently I use the version 6.9.07 without problems!

6.9.07.jpg

I211-AT.rar (114 KB)

@Ruin

[Discussion] UBU Tool related Questions, Reports and Suggestions (293)
You checked version 7 and it works So version 7.8 03 should work too. Problems only with the 8th version.
I have 2 BIOS files in which by default there is already version 7.
Example BIOS from MSI

scr1.jpg

Added:
Please check again version 7.8.03, but with a different language.

After the Bios update, everything is reset to the standard settings.
The language English (English is the default) is always displayed correctly in 7 & 8. And some others too.
(That’s why I did not immediately notice.)
German never in 7 & 8. Except in version 6. That’s the same with some other languages.

I thought there is a difference I211 to I211AT
That’s why I was looking for bios with the chip I211AT:

I test it:

Biostar X470GT8 Ver. 5.x (X47AG417.BST) I211AT

biosstar.jpg

Unfortunately, it did not work.
v7.8.03 the same thing…

Ok. It would be nice to find a user who already has version 7 or 8 installed and is checked by default.

@SoniX - thanks! I knew before there is 1 EFI file and 2 OROM files (Different versions) but in the update offered window there is two EFI and one orom
I assume #3 updates the first EFI in my before to latest version, and #2 updates one/both of the oroms shown in before (if both, OK, that’s explained and I get it), but what is #1 offering to update?
Is #1 offering to replace V9 EFI with old v8 EFI? VS #3 update the EFI with new version EFI - either #1 or #3 both offering to update the EFI to whichever version I wanted

Thanks! Sorry this is confusing me, but I’m going to do by hand w/ UEFITool and since I don’t normally update AMD Stuff I want to be sure I’m changing out the correct modules.
I will extract and compare before with the replacement files too, that 2x EFI offered at bottom confused me, especially since one EFI on bottom is v8 and the only v8 files are the oroms

@all

That would be really great if someone with version 7 & 8 could check that!? :slight_smile:

@SoniX

Many thanks for your effort! another topic ->
Are there any plans in UBU to implement the support for AMD (Ryzen) microcodes?
(I do not know if the question has already been asked) :stuck_out_tongue:

@SoniX :
There seems to be an UBU v1.70 problem to get just the Intel EFI RAID module of the attached ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe BIOS updated.
I stumbled across this possible UBU issue after having read >this< report written by our Forum member ipodchris.

Then I tried to update the Intel EFI RaidDriver of the related BIOS myself by using UBU v1.70.rc12.2.
The Intel RaidDriver update procedure hang at this stage:

UBU v1.70 problem updating Intel EFI RaidDriver Pic2.png

This was the MMTool error message I got (no matter, which MMTool version the UBU tool used).

UBU v1.70 problem updating Intel EFI RaidDriver Pic3.png

After having opened the MMTool window, I was able to stop the hanging procedure by hitting the “Enter” tab of my keyboard.
The UBU tool gave me an “Error” message, but obviously had updated the Intel RaidDriver module. Here is the related picture:

UBU v1.70 problem updating Intel EFI RaidDriver Pic4.png

Then I tried to update the Intel RaidDriver module by using the old UBU v1.69.17.4.
Result: The procedure didn’t hang and I didn’t get any error message.
My conclusion: The issue seems to be UBU v1.70 related.

P8Z77-I-DELUXE-SI-1201.rar (3.91 MB)

I wrote about this a week ago here: Intel EFI “RaidDriver” and “GopDriver” BIOS Modules (40)
I will try UBU version 1.69.17.4 too (for ASUS P9X79 Pro) :slight_smile:

Yes, but nobody (inclusive myself) had realized, that your problem hasn’t been caused by the EFI modules themselves.

@Ruin
Unfortunately, the implementation of the update of AMD microcodes has some difficulties.

@Lost_N_BIOS
Removed the old version from the list available.

@FirstEver and @Fernando
Fixed.

@SoniX
Okay, thank you for the answer. :slight_smile: