[BIOS] Flashing modded bios issue - Motile 14 - M141[BIOS]

Yes, I only changed them with AMIBCP. No problem, take your time. :slight_smile:

@Dorin1996 - Quick test, before I do more involved edit, since I just noticed I did make edit on Advanced in previous BIOS it was just not correct one that worked in this case, so we try this second alternative
Then if this also does not work I will send you two more BIOS to test with single individual change to some submenu and you tell me which makes it visible then I will do rest all at once.
Do you see more submenus now in Advanced, or same as before - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…483908581774561

@Lost_N_BIOS
Yes, now more settings under advanced is visible. But “Sensor Standby” is still not visible under Intel RC ACPI submenu.
Some pictures:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…764138020789551

OK, thanks for the images, will get the rest for you now But, before I do, can you see everything inside ACPI too (not Intel ACPI)?
Enable ACPI Auto Configuration is there, maybe need to adjust in your testing (Actually, moving ahead anyway, if you can’t see this, you can manually change with AMIBCP if you think it may help)
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…171778618878597

If none of these now visible settings work, then I can hard set the G3 option for you, if that then still does not work it’s due to something is not configured for that in this motherboard’s power design or something like that and no BIOS settings will be able to change that.
Usually only desktop boards and designed to work this way

I enabled ACPI Auto Configuration and it`s the same result, no auto-power on. :frowning: I think the only option is to hard set the S0 state and try again.

@Dorin1996 - Did you also test “Sensor Standby”? Probably board is not designed for this functionality, otherwise it would have worked immediately once I revealed it for you. How are you testing, pulling the power plug without battery?
Here is BIOS with “State after G3” Hard set to S0 by default and in all possible locations - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…792444007356891

I see also this, may help to enable >> Wake system from S5 (Default Disabled) location = Intel RC ACPI

Sensor Standby is not visible under Advanced. I dont know why. See the pictures Ive sent. As for the testing, yes, I`m pulling the power cord without battery.

@Dorin1996 - Sorry, I must have skipped over that thinking it was not suppressed, or I thought I got it but must have missed, I will check
Ohh, I see, Lpit Recidency Counter is visible and so I assumed Sensor Standby should be as well once moved (I moved it to be directly above that), since that setting was not suppressed. Seems Access Level Edit is needed here
Here is above BIOS edited again with Sensor Standby visible, if first one does not make it visible use second. Use one ending in 0D first, then if that fails to show it, try 0F one
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…156108505223636

I saw this thread ([BIOS] Flashing modded bios issue - Motile 14 - M141[BIOS]) but the firmware posted there was personalized to the OP there. The attached firmware version is listed as “N.1.06” in the firmware “main” page. The M141 and M142 models share the same firmware AFAIK, so steps for unlock should be the same.

M142BIOS.zip (4.66 MB)

@wishindo - Yes, and that is 141 system too But yes, maybe they use same BIOS, not sure, I’d have to compare. Do you have 3200U variant of laptop or 3500U?
Please link me to the stock BIOS download page (not the BIOS download directly)
Is your system AMD CPU too?

I have AMD 3500U in the M142. I believe that and the factoy RAM amount (4 vs 8GB ) is the difference between M142 and M141.

M142 Firmware dl page: http://motilecustomerservice.com/m142.html

They do use the same bios. The zip file is a bit screwy, but when I updated my m142, I flashed the exact same file users of the m141 use. In the linked zip file:
AMD_PICASSO_PF4PU1F_ESI_3200U_3500U_BIOS_N.1.06_EC_1.08.00_20191127\BIOS\PF4PU1F_3200U_BIOS\FlashUtil\AfuWin64\PF4PU1FN106.ROM

Would dumping the bios and comparing them somehow make it easy to verify that we could reuse the bios in the other thread?

Thank you LOST_N_BIOS! You asked for menu details, I’ve uploaded a 4k video, hope it’s clear! https://youtu.be/-X13zdP7590

@Tmash - Sorry, no, 4K video is no good for me, I am on limited internet, and even if it was 360 video I’d want it 7zip max compressed.
But, I really do prefer images due to how I work, if it’s BIOS settings you are wanting to show me, not sure what you are replying to?

@ABS_Tacos - I thought you mentioned Motile earlier, but I didn’t see you in any Motile thread, where is your thread/posts about this kind of system?
If same BIOS is linked for both models when you download from manufacturer, and only that one BIOS is in the package, then there can be only one BIOS, just have to be sure you use correct file from 3200U/3500U variant (not looking at folder while I type this)
I just checked, and both 141/142 do give the exact same download link, so yes, same BIOS used for either, only difference I assume for 141/142 is the 3200U/3500U thing (which no one explained yet, I only asked due to it’s mentioned at first post of other link).

@wishindo - Follow what Fernando said at post #4 of the thread you linked, and send me your flashrom dumped BIOS and I will then unlock BIOS for you.

@Lost_N_BIOS Zip file attached to post #1 in this thread contains the flashrom BIOS dump.

You said "@drmusama - show me image of the memory stuff you see in BIOS "
He/she didn’t reply?
Thought I could provide few more stuff.
I will convert to screenshot if you need.
Some notes:
-Can set UMA to 64MB = 7.9gb usable RAM (compared to stock 5.9) with no performance impact.
-3200mhz is flawless, uses around 2 more watts on battery, does not scale down on idle. Gained around 15% in graphics performance. In Auto mode (no OC) it scales down from 2400 to 1800 on idle, anyway to do that with OCing?
- Can set system power consumption trigger for pausing / resuming battery charger on AC in Watts
- Can set custom fan profile, hardware locked minimum at 30%, pwm frequency option does not work nor polarity.
-Can turn off cores which allows constant 3.8Ghz single core to be achieved.
-Lowering stock RAM CAS to 15 from 20 is pretty stable.

My model is: M142, 3500U

Big thanks!

Since I have two of these M142’s, I would like to replicate this. I just want to make sure I understand what was done. Which bios file did you flash, and did you use the freedos flashrom method to flash it?

Thanks.

@Tmash - Ohh, OK, thanks! I looked back, and was not sure what you were replying to, thanks for letting me know. If you could send images instead that would be great
I’ve never seen memory speed go down with idle like CPU can, but maybe on newer CPU’s it’s tied to Speedstep or one of the C-states and I just have never noticed? Have you tested all those kind of things enabled/disabled
See above too, in case you missed it, thanks

@ABS_Tacos - You’ll have to send me your flashrom dumped BIOS and then I will unlock it for you Do not flash any BIOS here, they are all user specific
If you know how to edit BIOS generally, such as replacing modules as-is or by body only, then I can send you the unlocked files if you want to do the edit yourself and feel comfortable doing such.
If you want to go that route, be sure to tell me your BIOS version in case it differs vs the files I’ve unlocked here already.

Here are two M142 flashrom dumps v. 1.06 (from each of my daughters). Since I would be in significantly more trouble for bricking these than my personal laptop, I would ask for you to unlock these if it isn’t too much trouble. I am happy to take a stab at editing it myself though.