[BIOS] Flashing modded bios issue - Motile 14 - M141[BIOS]

@ABS_Tacos - I hear that I will unlock those for you, and include the files needed for you to unlock your own other same model / BIOS version systems
2x ADV, Chipset, 2x Boot, Switch Exit/Save&Exit + make visible hidden stuff in orig ADV - Anything you still see missing in ADV/Chipset/Boot vs what you see in AMIBCP, show me image of that BIOS page and I will make further edit for you to unlock
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…569133554084372

*** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user ABS_Tacos at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not ABS_Tacos, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Thanks! It works like a charm.
Does anyone have any idea of what happens if the ram is overclocked past stability on these systems? Would the bios then become unstable, or only the operating system?

edit: Setting ddr4 clock speed to 1400MHz or greater results in a black screen upon power on, but disconnecting the bios battery resets the default settings from what I can tell.
M142 #1 could only push 16GB of well specced DDR4 to 1367MHz (exact same result using a DDR4-3000 and DDR4-2400 stick). Perhaps like the other user, it would fare better with just an 8GB stick. A %14 ram boost for a system that is starved for memory bandwidth is very welcome indeed.

@ABS_Tacos - Thanks for quick test and report back
For overclocked past memory freq stability usually it would cause errors in memory testing or stability, or just not boot if too much past stability vs current voltages/timings.
You should always do memory and CPU/memory combined stability tests when you are tweaking and pushing on the memory, otherwise you’ll end up with random errors, bugs you don’t know caused by what, random BSODs etc
If you push timings down too tight vs what CPU or memory voltages are currently, sometimes it will fail to boot, and then reload at fail safe, other times you may be forced to clear CMOS to get it un-stuck.

Being able to run 2800 or above, all depends on the memory itself, and your tweaking skills, and then a little bit on the board/CPU. You will need to adjust memory controller voltages, and possibly memory voltage itself too, as you try to increase speeds, and you may need to loosen some timings up as well if you have not already.
I can’t advise much more than that for AMD memory overclocking, but there is plenty of guides out there that should help you along. Also, sometimes, if you can’t do 2800 try next slot up and sometimes that will work, in case BIOS bug or random issue etc (adjust accordingly first of course, voltages/timings)
You can also always try slower speeds and tighter timings, sometimes that is better, depending on what you are trying to improve things for. Be careful there, or be ready to clear CMOS, this way of going about things is generally tougher to tweak to stability

Mixing memory is always an issue, especially if different sizes, speeds, IC brands etc - Not ideal at all.

Anyone know how to adjust the memory command rate (CR/CMD/CPC/tCPD)? I see a whole galaxy of memory timing options, but not that one. I suspect I need to switch the command rate to 2T in order to get it to post with a 16GB Dimm at 1400MHz. It is rock solid at 1367MHz and below for 16GB. It does seem to be able to handle 1400MHz and above well with just an 8GB Dimm.

I have confirmed this behavior with two separate m142’s, and 4 separate 16GB ddr4 Dimms.

@Lost_N_BIOS This system only has one memory slot, so mixing memory isn’t an issue.

---------------------------------

Okay, it appears that the command rate setting “Cmd2T: Enabled” is only respected if the “DRam Timing, Overclock” setting is set to “Auto”. It is presently impossible to force the DRAM timing, and force the command rate at the same time. Is there perhaps another option that could be unlocked that would allow for this? For instance, the DRam clock speed may be set in a couple different places (inside the overclock settings, and other menus), and perhaps the command rate is similar.

Thanks! This trying to tweak these systems has been a very welcome distraction during the quarantine.

@ABS_Tacos - You’re welcome, at least you have something to keep you busy playing with One memory slot. WTH!!?? Are you sure, there is not one under keyboard side of board?

With Dram Timing Overclock set to Enabled or manual, whatever is not Auto, what CMD Rate do you get 1T? 2T should not be needed, but if you can’t raise memory or memory controller voltages then it may be the only option, unless you loosen up other timings.
Yes, Cmd2T looks to be only CMD rate control option I see, if it’s tied to Dram Timing Overclock then that must be only way you can set this. CMD2T should have three option, none of which are “Enabled” You should see Auto, 1T, and 2T, correct?

I can’t see the Overclock or memory options here in setup or in AMIBCP, so I assume this is in CBS correct?
If yes, can you see the setting below in Zen Common Options? If not, let me know and I will make visible, maybe this will help you in your tinkering too
OC Mode, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0x26, VarStore: 0x5000, QuestionId: 0x7007, Size: 1, Min: 0x0, Max 0x5, Step: 0x0 {05 91 1E 00 1F 00 07 70 00 50 26 00 14 10 00 05 00}
One Of Option: Normal Operation, Value (8 bit): 0x0 (default) {09 07 20 00 10 00 00}
One Of Option: OC1, Value (8 bit): 0x1 {09 07 21 00 00 00 01}
One Of Option: Customized, Value (8 bit): 0x5 {09 07 22 00 00 00 05}

Disable Gear Down Mode, instead of Auto, right @ket ?

@Lost_N_BIOS not always as simple as that with gear down depends on the memory kit, board, and CPU. Gear Down is essentially 1.5T theory is most the performance of 1T but with the stability of 2T, in reality it works pretty much the same as 1T but with slightly lower performance. So in short, disable it IF you can and manually change command rate to 1T, or just go with 2T the latter is often very forgiving and allows for quite a bit of tightening up of memory timings which can in some cases not only bring stability to a memory OC but allow you to surpass it and use better timings which ultimately squeaks you ahead of whatever your stable settings are at 1T.

Thanks @ket - Is it common that “Dram Timing Overclock” is tied to CMD2T? It sounds like he can’t use 2T AND have Dram Timing Overclock Enabled, but I am not 100% sure since CMD2T does not have enabled/disabled as he mentioned.

@Lost_N_BIOS the only setting tied to Command Rate is Gear Down, GD when enabled overrides whatever setting CR setting is applied. Not actually seen a DRAM setting described as "Dram Timing Overclock" since the Asus AM2 days but back then it functioned as follows; [Auto] - Sets DRAM timings according to the Serial Presence Detect (SPD) data, meaning if the SPD data was programmed with a CR of 2T it would override everything else. [DCT0] and [DCT1] would determine which DRAM channel to manually enter timings for then you had [Both], which as you would think, allowed you to change timings for both channels. In the case here setting it to disabled or manual something like that should stop it messing with the CR rate.

@ket - Thanks! Seems GD in auto is applying something then, since he seemed to only be able to use 2T if he disabled Dram Timing Overclock. Or, maybe he’s not explaining or seeing things correctly, since he mentioned enabled for a setting that only has 1T, 2T, Auto - So kinda need to wait on his reply again I guess.
Yeah, I assumed if he disabled that, then he should be able to set manually whatever CMD Rate he wanted. But I guess now he should also disable GD instead of leaving in auto too, that way he’s in full control.

@wishindo - Sorry for the delay, thread got lost to me!!! Will do edit now, if you’re here and reading this, refresh in a bit for edit/BIOS

Edit - Here is your unlocked BIOS, flash back via flashrom
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…419123226982601

@wishindo - Also, merging this to the other thread you linked, since it is same exact BIOS as 141
@wishindo -Merged your thread to this one, and moved this original thread to BIOS Mod Requests

** WARNING - To ANYONE with laptop and unlocked BIOS!!!
DO NOT try to enable this graphics card or disable that card, switch cards etc. Otherwise you will end up with no display output (ie black screen) and no way to recover except by blind flash or with flash programmer.
You can change graphics related settings, like changing memory sizes, or core speeds etc, just don’t try to disable one card or change which is main etc.

Additionally, be very careful when trying to undervolt CPU, you can leave BIOS unbootable due to CPU voltage too low (Sometimes even 0.05 is too much)

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user wishindo at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not wishindo , then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

@Lost_N_BIOS I’ve tried to enable the options via AMIBCP, by setting access/use to to “USER” on all items on the “Setup” folder, but it fails to show them after I flash my modified image successfully (Chipset, Advanced with more options). It did however show the “Light Effect” options in the limited advanced tab after I set those to “USER” as well.

I have the 142 with Ryzen 3500U.

Steps I took overall:
1. extract bios using flashrom
2. run bios through UBU and save (unsure if this is a needed step?)
3. modify bios saved by UBU in AMIBCP 5.02.0023
4. flash modified file using flashrom

Is there an easy way to apply the changes other than changing these menu items by hand in AMIBCP?

Here’s a link to my original bios dump if that helps.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/199aC2wV…iew?usp=sharing

EDIT i was able to get the menu options to work by editing AMITSE, using directions from here: OverPowered TONGFANG CyberPower Machrevo MACHENIKE - Unlocked BIOS Guide W/ Files

Thanks!

@Lost_N_BIOS You say not to switch graphics adapters in the firmware, but what if I have an eGPU connect to one of the m.2 slots?

The laptop uses a monitor attached to an eGPU for the boot splash screen over the internal display, and firmware configuration menus are on both displays.

@penguinz - ONLY setup + AMITSE (not AMITSE/SetupData) is modified to unlock these BIOS, so AMIBCP is not used at all for anything
Sounds like you go it *Setup edit is to reveal (unsuppress) some stuff hidden in the original Advanced menu - AMIBCP may work for some of that, but not all, unsure, did not waste time testing, AMIBCP not really needed for any mods, all can be done with setup edit

@wishindo - See warning again
If you have flash programmer you can test different things like for trying to get your eGPU to work, because if it fails then you can easily and quickly recover. If you do not have flash programmer like CH341A or other, see warning again
Summary, to be safe, if you do not have flash programmer, do not change these graphics related items UNTIL you DO have flash programmer, AND have made a backup that someone has told you is OK/safe for recovery.

@Lost_N_BIOS
Please kind sir could you please modify my m141 BIOS so i can have all these unlocked options too? I would really appreciate it! Thank you!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7k0hvkcuh1bajf6/BACKUP.ROM?dl=0

@lasergungamer - You’re on old BIOS 1.03, are you sure you don’t want to update to 1.06 first?

@Lost_N_BIOS well, if you say so lol

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktdx4qjw41zit3u/BACKUP10.ROM?dl=0

@lasergungamer - Here you go - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…568302323278310

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user lasergungamer at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not lasergungamer, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Hello @Lost_N_BIOS ,

I also have a request for you if you can spare some time for me.

I have the same motile laptop M142.

Here is my bios backup.rom file
mega.nz/file/x9FVXARI#qNEnTTwTSKl5pAPRE_enCXNFdTKcGdS9lgykAaKuc7U

Can you please unlock the BIOS for me as well?

Thanks

@drmotile - Here you go
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…369079613680647

WARNING *** - This BIOS is user specific! If you are not user drmotile at Win-RAID.com forum, DO NOT USE THIS BIOS!!
If you do, and you are not drmotile, then you will loose your serial, UUID, OG NVRAM, and possibly LAN MAC ID as well.
You have been warned!!!

Thank you so much. worked!

I couldn’t even imagine that this was even possible. And here we are. thanks again