Dell e7440

Hello. I have a Dell Latitude E6440, bought a HDD CADDY and have two identical SSD’s - 2*120 GB WD Green. I would like to use them in RAID 0, from where can I get the .efi file. Part 1 is ok, I take a usb stick(can be bigger then 1GB?) and format it to fat32. So far I got it. I need to create a folder on the usb stick and name it EFI\Boot? Can you please be kind to assist me, I would really appreciate it.

@allein the link in post @39 still works, and contains the file you are looking for
You need folder EFI at the root of the USB (Not in any folders), then inside that folder BOOT, then inside that put the efi file - this = EFI\Boot\ then file inside here.

I will take a look, thank you.

I have formated the usb stick to fat32, created a folder name EFI, within this folder I have created a new folder named Boot and copied the efi file in folder Boot.After reboot I hit F12, select the usb stick from UEFI BOOT and for a moment (fem ms.) it pops up a message saying error, afterwards I seea black screen and is shows:

grub - I type in here “setup_var 0xD19”, hit enter and it shows error - cant find command ‘setup_var 0xD19’. I had Bios VS. 21, made a downgrade to V. 18. It doesnt work, what is that I am doing wrong?

Is maybe some BIOS setup that I need to do? UEFI is ON.

I will try to flash the BIOS and will see what happens afterwards. Could be the problem that win10 is already installed on one of the SSD drive?

It works, I have entered the command with "" thank you for your help. I will update you if there is any change using the 2 ssd drives in raid0 in comparation with just 1 ssd.

So you got it, but initially was leaving the quotes on the commands you entered "setup_var 0xD19"? If so, yes, good you got it sorted out, no quotes used when entering grub commands like this.

Remind the newer,for do that thing,go to bios turn secure boot off first.

Dell E7440 ,A27 BIOS

Hi Liam and everyone,
Resurrecting the post, I have a similar problem, I did Raid 0 on my dell e6330 successfully using 2 crucial MX500 SSDs. However at every startup I have to press the F1 key, I already tried several settings in the setup, would you have any more tips?
thanks!

@snl - show me image of this message, and then do the following

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

Just to confirm, I have a Dell E7240, now in Stripe mode using 16kb stripe… with dual 256Gb SSD drives. IT FLIES LIKE A THUNDER. I never felt this laptop so fast, like literally the whole setup from installing windows until getting office ready, it was LESS than an 40min. and I’m exaggerating the times a little bit.

Now, there’s one thing there must be said:

The X is lowercase, if you type X in uppercase is changes something else, because I tried 0X19D and it was not the same as 0x19D. At first it did not show me the stripe option and I was like "alright, maybe is not compatible with my model", then I retried using 0x19D and then it worked; it gave me 0x00 and then 0x01.

may i know which bios version you on?

When I did the mod I was on A28, I updated to A29 and all good.

One thing "unrelated" to this mod is that the Function+B to black out the whole laptop (including the display) loses the ability to black the screen on the new bios version, confirmed when I rolled back to A28, decided to go on to A29 because why not.