[GUIDE] Haswell-E/EP Xeon CPUID:306F2 Turbo Unlock

I mean like DDR4 3000 running at max CPU supported like 1866.

What is the configuration of your PC?

Hi kmaras77 , I have dual E5 v3 2683 on an Asus D16 Will this work for my setup or may you be so kind to provide a mod? I’ve looked and read 100s of pages in forums and cannot find a mod for my board. Unfortunately I don’t have the skill to do the actual mod myself

I am really sorry to post this here, it is not directly related to the topic, but I hope someone would guide me.

I have a very weird problem with my dual X99/C612 motherboards and the only related topic I found in internet was one at unraid forum

I have exactly the same problem that guy was facing. Every other piece (power supply, memories, cpus, video card, etc) are working 100%. Both motherboards work 100% with 1 Xeon V3, with 2 Xeons V3 and with 1 Xeon V4 but they stop with code 79 when I put a second Xeon V4 (yes, both cpus are ‘identical’, tested with 2 x 2640v4, 2 x 4650v4)

I saw comments in Russian youtube videos (translated) that most dual cpu motherboards that are not from Dell or HP do not work with 2 v4 CPUs and that a biosmod with AMIBCP5, mmtool_a5 and UEFITool is needed to make any other motherboard pass this 79 code with dual v4 Xeons.

So I was wondering if anyone here may have this knowledge or point me to someone who can help me.

Hello @johndoe0004 , I have read this https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/wha…-xeons.2496647/ and there is some info that your problem could be AVX instructions related

Dan

How are people tweaking the following settings in the BIOS after applying the all core hack?

CPU Integrated VR Fault Management
Disable this item to prevent tripping the Fully Integrated Voltage Regulator when doing
over-voltage. We recommend you to disable this item when overclocking.
Configuration options: [Auto] [Disabled] [Enabled]

CPU Internal Power Configuration
CPU Integrated VR Efficiency Management
This item allows you to improve the power rating when the CPU is in low power state,
or make the FIVR (fully integrated voltage regulator work in high performance at all
times.
Configuration options: [Auto] [High Performance] [Balanced]

@oddworld - If you need some settings revealed in your BIOS, let me know in your thread (ie copy this there), if your BIOS has it I will make visible for you

@kmaras77 Hi there, I just received my Asus X99 Deluxe II board + E5-2678 v3, I’m having some trouble modding the BIOS, would you be able to give me some guidence?

Did you find a modded BIOS? I’ve posted a version in my Asus X99-Deluxe II request thread @SCSI1989

Hi @raun0

Could you please mod my Bios to overclock a 2697v2.

Please Send me a Private message.
Your work, Service and Support will be valued ;).

Please reply

thanks

Hi @kmaras77
I’m using asus x99-a + 2678 v3 . Am I just flash with your bios provided , to unlocked ?
Thanks

Hi,

" When you are ready select 0 - Exit and select 1 - Rename to ASUS USB BIOS Flashback" this part is just creating a mod_bios.bin
How did you flashed it with bios flashback, i know that you need a .cap file in order to work.

LE: i managed to export the .cap but flashback doesn’t work.
If you have time please apply the mod to X99 A2 bios too. thx

LE2: Solved, the manual OC si greyed out now.

Thanks for the guide, but I have some doubts.

I’m trying to modify the bios of an X99-S to unlock the turbo of a xeon e5 2678 v3 but in my bios there are a lot of “Microcode” sections and I don’t know which one I have to edit to modify it.

Could anyone help me?

Screenshot_15.png

Does anyone have a bios for an X99E-WS turbo boost unlock? I have no experience in any bios modding except for unlocking turbo boost on a chinese x99 with tons of step by step guides on youtube. Also can’t seem to update the bios to 4001.

Hi everyone,

I just got a X99-A Godlike Gaming Carbon and a Xeon E5-2697v3.

I was told that the E5-2697v3 overclocks better than E5-2698 due to higher TDP. I might be looking into getting the E5-2698v3 or even the E5-2699v3 to test them as well.
Planning to run them in Linux but have no idea how to mod the BIOS. The latest BIOS available on MSI for Godlike and Godlike Carbon below but don’t believe they’re working cross motherboards. Any help with modding BIOS would be very much appreciated.

x99a-godlike-gaming

Version 7883v1A1 (Beta version)
Release Date 2019-06-25

Version 7883v19
Release Date 2018-06-21

x99a-godlike-gaming-carbon

Version 7883v281(Beta version)
Release Date 2019-06-25

Version 7883v27
Release Date 2018-06-19

Hello,

I have Asus X99 Deluxe with water cooled (EKWB Monoblock, cpu + vrm) Xeon E5-2699 v3 and I did the unlock with guides from Craft Computing and Tech YES City YouTube videos and @raun0 's bios settings (unlock didn’t work without those settings).
My bios is latest version 4104 and I installed V3.EFI with USB stick, then in Windows 10 cpu_mcupDate (GenuineIntel.dll thing).

When I run Cinebench R15, HWiNFO64 says ratio x28-29 and when I run CPU-Z CPU stress, I get ratio x30 (7262 cpu multi thread result).
Am I hitting TDP limit? Should max turbo be higher?

I had CPU Core Voltage Offset -0.086 but now -0.090.

Edit: Today I made two new bios files (versions 3701 and 4101) with v3_payne_90_50.ffs file and of course 06F2 removal + C3 & C6 disabled.
I’ll try later those new bioses without V3.efi usb stick injection and without Windows 10 cpu_mcupDate thing.

I just tried 3701 bios without ffs injection, then uefi injected v3x4-0.10b-i306f2-rc9_90_70_50.efi.
Now I get all core 33x 101MHz CPU-Z stress and Cinebench R15. (CPU Core Voltage Offset -0.086)
2 disabled cores = 34x 101Mhz

Do You have unlocked turbo core bios for Asus X-99e motherboard?

@ravvaello which asus x99e motherboard do you have? if it is the x99e-ws/usb3.1 i have a 4001 bios that can be loaded with usb flashback that allows you to dump with FTP then flash with ftp after mods are made