[GUIDE] Haswell-E/EP Xeon CPUID:306F2 Turbo Unlock

I was able to flash the BIOS v. 4101 (but it was only possible after I switched from UEFI to compatibility mode in the BIOS. I changed this again after flashing. Am I doing something wrong here?). I used the following driver: v3_payne_50_20.ffs. My question is here: Does this mean that I can undervolt at vcore offset max 50 mvolt? So for example if I enter a higher value than 50mvolt offset, it has no effect? Tech Yes manages that over 90mvolt, would that be realistic?
Furthermore, I can’t find the LLD setting, can you tell me where it is?

Other BIOS settings:
-All cores set to 36 (also tried 33 and 30, 33 seems to work best).
-C-States disabled
-undervolting 50mvolt
-CPU Spread Spectrum disabled
-BCLK: 102 (with this setting the CPU snaps higher, BCLK of 100: multiplier 24-26, BCLK of 102: multiplier 27-31)
-RAM on Auto

Mainboard: ASUS x99 Deluxe MK2

I am an X58/XEON enthusiast so far, never overclocked an x99. Man, there are way too many settings, insane… I don’t understand all of this parameters correctly (smile)

The result was that the CPU (Xeon E5-2699 v3) does not log in cleanly at the turbo frequency (3.6ghz). Benchmarks: Cinebench r15 the cores run at 3.0 Ghz, in Cinebench r23 the cores are clocked down very quickly to multiplier 26-29 (Probably this have to do about the higher stressing of the components in r23, can be a Temp Problem???). In the benchmark in AIDA64, it does well with high multipliers for the first few seconds, but even then they are clocked down. At this point the CPU temperatures are at about 74 degrees. Here it shouldn’t be a temperature problem yet. After one minute, however, the temperatures already read 85 degrees, which is way too hot (even though the cores are never used that much in reality). I have currently a singletower Noctua CPU cooler, that seems to be too little, I could have thought myself that this is too close…my mistake! Therefore, I try the Noctua NH-D15 Dual Tower or Arctic Liquid freezer 2 280mm, they are both in stock.

I’m trying to learn all of this, but you buddys here are very skilled, genious BIOS work!!!

Hi there again, does anyone try per example for an e5-2699 v3 to downclock core 13 - core 18? That would give it more headroom because auf the TDP Limit. Anyway, is this possible to run the unlocking properly? It might necessary another hack in the bios? As i know in the gaming world, the games are mainly 6-8 core optimized. But in Digital Audio Workstations, there are both core speeds AND counts interesting (1 Track with many processing/plugins = core speed is relevant, big projects with many Tracks = multi core performance is relevant. I don’t see any thinkings about such a system. In Media Content Workstations it probably be Multi threaded performance important. Many thanks for the discussion!

Upon reading the whole thread if u dont find anything that can help u in getting ur answer i do recommend tracing the origin and notes from u made the ffs driver.
As u can see by the latest posts and dates…there no recently activities and new info on this subject.
Regarding the use of the system in CSM/Legacy mode or UEFI, its up to the user concerns/use only… of course UEFI systems have implemented more secures states/drivers functions etc…so user choice/configuration.
In order to the users on this thread get a notification from u, address them using “@username”, keep in mind that most of them got served and never come back,
others had move on (Lost_N_Bios no longer logged after January).
Private PMS only when the users gave u their permission, Good luck on the quest.

EDIT: Sry but this subject of specific cpu FFS mod files and related Xeon/X99 r not my expertise and besides not knowing wot mods r done on the FFS files, i can tell u that mcodes and Intel ME r factors to consider,
nothing more to add.
Related to the motherboard itself it can be scanned with tools like IFRextract and AMIBCP in order to see wot variables/strings r visible/hidden and possible settings than can be changed… but dont ask where or what values to change…
this is moding and always uncharted territory and itch OEM/Brand/model is a different system

@Lost_N_BIOS : Can you read my last 2 posts? i don’t able to write you a pn… Do you have suggestions about my questions? many thanks!

many thanks meat war! do you have any inputs about my questions about the different corespeeds-idea? it would be interesting. Further, i will check another undervolting settings with my rig. This is very interesting stuff!

ok, i understand that, many thanks. This is also a little bit too complex for me. Many thanks for your inputs!

Hi, I am trying to do this on an HP Z440 workstation with an E5 2640v3 CPU that I installed. I couldn’t at first dump the bios with fpt because I got error 26 which suggests its locked, so I downloaded the newest BIOS setup from HP’s website. I then extracted it with 7zip and then found the bin file, which I proceded to edit with the two versions of UEFItool like it says, removing the microcode and installing the driver. My question is how can I flash this? I saw another thread on this forum by someone who also had a z440 saying they were able to dump it with fpt after changing some jumper on the motherboard, but I could not find much information about it. Does anyone know how to flash a custom bios on this computer without using a ch341a?

@386

Well… ur first pointing reading guidelines r correct… did u at got at least, the Maintenance and Service Guide of the system.
The ME jumper is documented and its how u can dump and edit and re-flash the bios mod, without the use of an SPI programmer.
This doesnt mean nothing regarding a success/failure on a bios mod.

EDIT: Ur asking the behavior of a system/mod bios file in the most difficult machines on mods… OEM machines like urs HP?
No one can assure u nothing, ur risk and option only.
The ME jumper override is documented and it unlocks the system for the use of Intel FPT tools in getting access to bios regions and the tool operations of reading/writing, other than that the tool doesnt care wot u flash, wrong or rigth.

But if i adjust it, it will at least allow me to flash a custom bios right?

@gickosa Hey man! I have the same board but only have the v1701 modded bios, can you share your 4101 version with me? Really appreciate it
The latest version on the site seems to be 2101, where did you find the base BIOS for 4101?

Asus X99 Deluxe bios 4101: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…E-ASUS-4101.zip

Asus X99 Deluxe II bios 2101: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LG…I-ASUS-2101.zip

@chinesestunna
EDIT: No i do not have any of these bios mods with me, ask to a specific user by using @username or i think you can follow initial guide and also post#39

Thanks @MeatWar - Do you have the modded 2101 for Deluxe II by chance? That’s the version I’m looking forward

If your system is capping your CPU multiplier you need to enable c states c1, c3 report and possibly c6 report worked for my E5 2699 V3 on Asus X99-a

I do have a throttling issue(33x multiplier 51c max temp), its not power limited at all, I have c1, c3 enabled and 36x multiplier if I disable c1 it locks the multiplier to 33, EDP current limit stays active anyone know why??? E5 2699 V3 on Asus X99-a. if anyone has a 4101 working bios mod for these e5 v3 cpu’s I would appreciate a download. or can you look at my bios file

Edit: driver file v3_payne_90_50 the best for me give me the ratio 35 of 36 stable stessed for 5 hours so far 51c core temp

Hi all,
I am really new here. I have read all pages here.
I have bought Asus Rampage V Extreme, Intel E5-2699 V3, and Patriot Viper 4x8GB 3000Mhz RAM.
I have not to been able to Overclock the CPU. I have installed R5e_4101_MOD3.zip and changed the Bios settings but nothing happened. (the bios settings in "Tech YES City" guy done. )
If you guys can help me with this I will appreciate it.
Thank You again.

Adding a small contribution to this thread: Unlocked BIOS for Asus X99A-II

1 Like