[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

Did you try it?

Are you sure, that the matching fparts.txt is present within the USB Flash drive?

Yes, try it, if the other options don’t work.

What about TXE1 jumper?
Should it be in default position or switched as to FPT flashing?

Hey would any of you guys know wat error 201 on the fpt bios dump is? Is it intel me related? trying to dump my bios for my aorus 15G

Usually its when using wrong version of FPT (ME Tools)

@Fernando
Finally I managed to flash modded BIOS.
The error I wrote about earlier:
Error 312: An unknown error occurred while opening the file fparts.txt
was because fparts.txt has read only attrib. And that was Rufus fault cause it made UEFI bootable USB with two partitions from which one was ntfs with all files and dirs read only.

So I flashed BIOS using FPT.efi but it didn’t work (I mean NVMe via PCIe adapter does not work).
After restarting I have error - two beeps, first beep long and second short. I read that it is some cmos errror. Computer enters BIOS automatically and it goes to recovery BIOS screen.
I can’t no longer boot from bootable USB.
I tried some BIOS recovery procedure (formatting USB as fat32, copy AMIBOOT.ROM then keep pressing Fn+ESC or Home or Ctrl+Home after power on but none is working :frowning: I always land in BIOS recovery screen :frowning:

Any idea what to do?
Does anyone know how to do proper Acer Ami BIOS recovery procedure? How to name ROM file and how to force recovery flash?

BIOS recov.jpg

All mods have their risks, an IMPORTANT rule to follow is the correct and verified backup of the current SPI bios image or the correct identification of the SPI bios chip and making a backup with a programmer.
BEFORE any actions, verify if the OEM manufacturer has a description of a Bios flash recovery procedure for the model…
NOW that all is, presumably secure…procede to mod.

Thats why ur getting that message.

Bios is protected/locked.
Unlock ur bios, make the dump, edit the dumped image, flash the mod bios.

[GUIDE] The Beginners Guide to Using a CH341A SPI Programmer/Flasher (With Pictures!)
[Guide] Using CH341A-based programmer to flash SPI EEPROM
[Guide] Unlock Intel Flash Descriptor Read/Write Access Permissions for SPI Servicing
[GUIDE] Grub Fix Intel FPT Error 280 or 368 - BIOS Lock Asus/Other Mod BIOS Flash
[Guide] How to flash a modded AMI UEFI BIOS

The mystical /GAN switch was only removed two releases later, luckily I found the last package that still supports it.
The package includes Apito IV 3.06.01 and Apito V 5.06.01 Afudos and Afuwin accessories - the original full zip package.

Does someone knows if its possible to use the ASUS AI Suite method to bypass ASUS downgrading protection and flash an older .CAP BIOS ?

Careful with wot u want… the method u mention was (cannot say its actual) used in old series of motherboards. (Not ur 310)

There r severe bios structures changes inside a bios file made by the OEM, that will not work with older update bios files, hence the protection they made. U get a corrupted bios/system break.
My opinion only… is that the best method here is the use of a Flash Programmer like a CH341 or others.

EDIT: I think i wrote it well…english is not my native language…never said u couldn’t or not possible simply suggested a method.

@MeatWar :
Thanks for the answer :slight_smile:

So there is no way to go back to first BIOS without using a programmer right ?

I saw a video of someone downgrading ASUS BIOS using AFUDOS but that`s from 2018 so I asume it doesnt works anymore

Thanks Bro !

I backed up my ROM with the help of flashrom on my ASRock B550 Steel Legend when i got it new.
I updated several times regular BIOS versions with Instant Flash.
Today flashrom tells me "No flash device found"
It must be that at least with the latest 2.0 BIOS flashrom doesn’t work anymore.

hi all,

did something change with windows 10? afuwinx64 doesn’t seem to be working anymore on windows 20h2.

i am constantly getting “30 - Error: Problem opening file for reading.” i was very certain it worked in dec 2020 as i successfully downgrade my asus am4 motherboard.

eDITTED

@knowledgeseeker : Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
I have moved your request into this already existing and 100% matching thread, where you can find the required information within the start post.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Editedd

Zitat von Fernando im Beitrag #1
  1. Flash the modded BIOS by running the following Command Prompt as Admin:

afuwinx64.exe <NAME OF THE MODDED BIOS>.ROM /GAN

2. The UEFI BIOS should now be fully re-flashed and updated! Reboot and give it a try!

I did as you as you guided, after typing afuwinx64.exe p8z77vlx.cap (original bios) the command prompt said it was not a command so the nothing flashed. Can someone tell me why please. Thanks in advance.

EDIT by Fernando: Quoted post shortened and re-formatted

@sonbd2 :
You need to change your path to where the file is located…

EDIT by Fernando: Added directly addressing

@Fernando FYI, the flashrom attachment is outdated (2019). There was a new version release in 2020: flashrom.org/Latest_release

@Brainlet : Thanks for your hint.
Since I didn’t test the latest Flashrom tool until now, I haven’t yet updated the attachment of the start post. By the way - the release date if such tools is less important than their usability/functionality for the desired purpose.
Did you test the updted Flashrom tool? If yes, did it work for you? Worked it even better than the older version of my current attachment?

@Fernando I haven’t personally tried it yet but there have been a lot of bug fixes in the commit history on github since v1.1