[Guide] Transfer of specific Intel OROM VBIOS and GOP VBT settings by using Intel BMP tool

@FSHEHTESI

To make it as easy as possible for you, I have moved your request into the matching thread.
Advice: Please use the Forum "Search" box before starting a new thread.

Has anyone able to transfer a macbookpro10,1 retina gop rom with bmp tool into a vbios? Thanks

i was wondering if i could directly replace the vbt with the latest one, im on a B560 mobo, and i have 244 vbt but no bsf, current bios stock is 243. could i directly replace the body with 244 vbt without configuring any bsf? all i see is RAW GOP on uefitool, or is there any specific way to do it on intel Binary Config Tool (since iBMP is not compatible)?

bios and vbt 244 tigerlake.rar (8.2 MB)

trying to post in this too … what it mean when a gop only vbt only have intelgraphicsmem magic header and no bios_data_block? thx

maybe im stupid but this guide is impossible to follow, atleast with my bios SNIZ97.F8

Looks like a normal Haswell to me, But you weren’t very specific about your intentions or where things didn’t work out. In addition you didn’t ask any questions but just made a statement.

So your conclusion is correct, might as well be user related or a more difficult bios…

Hello!

I am sure this is not the right place to ask but at the same time I cannot find the correct thread where to ask for help so writing in here.

I have a AMI BIOS that has no Onboard EFI drivers or VBIOS or VBT installed.

However, this laptop that has this BIOS installed has an integrated Intel GPU.

The BIOS also has all the options necessary for Intel IGPU to work, even shows the GOP driver version (even though at the moment it shows N/A as it is not installed in BIOS).

My question then: Is it possible to manually insert VBIOS, VBT and GOP driver in my BIOS as an attempt to try and ressurect my Intel IGPU? At the moment everything is hardwired only to RTX 2080 but I would like to revive my Intel IGPU if possible.

I already tried UBU Tool, but it only lets the user to replace the existing ones and not insert brand new files in BIOS.

Hopefully someone can help me out.

Thanks!!!

not must works .,.,some is locked by EC fw
and setup is very dangerous “PEG port + SA domain” for switch igpu or customized EC fw

what have ? no OPTIMUS ,.,. MUX switch ? ,.,.only direct D-gpu on this notebook ?

edit,
may be disabled for CPU functionality “some models had it banned i-gpu”
It can be a mobo design ,.,.too much power draw around cpu or heat ,.,.etc

I will add that editing the video output on a laptop is extremely risky !!
possible to get a black screen forever! cmos reset does not help

Only direct gpu.

I have a bios flasher. Still dangerous?

Laptop model is P775TM1-G.

I was just wondering what would happen if I could insert the necessary modules in BIOS and tried to boot using Switchable Graphics or something in BIOS.

Or atleast get it recognized in Device Manager.

do not risk for unnecessary igpu ,.,.your notebook is premium “better than lot another” for direct d-gpu
if you need better ECO setup - AFTERBURNER / cpu low profile

not must helps HW flasher “EC fw or pcie detection sometimes stuck” and is very hard switch notebook back to life !

I also only use d-gpu :grinning: ,. igpu has no advantages “no performance / screen quality is bad ,.,.CPU is limited etc.”

I guess you are right.

But there is one advantage for Intel IGPU:

4K UHD Blu-ray playback only possible using Intel GPUs.

Otherwise I guess no point of it.

Thanks!

I’m not sure about this issue :thinking: but why not works on NVIDIA ?? “HDCP status” or you using custom drivers ??

edit
rtx2080 i think is compatible ,.,.uefi mode / clean drivers ,…,but sometimes must contact manufacture for vbios “by default is HDCP disabled” -MSI for example

try luck :stuck_out_tongue:

has anyone able to edit “bdb block”? thx

I purchased Chinese gm45 motherboard it’s have lvds display output, my requirement is 800x600 18bit but it have 800x600 24bit so the image size is good but there was garbage display due to bit issue

I want to change display color bit

I uploaded my bios understand attachment
bk gm45-3.rar (437.7 KB)

Hi all,
am i dreaming of …, or is possible somehow implement vga bios in new bios for +12th gen processors with “Intel UHD Graphics 730” ?

Another q: same thing but is about network driver “Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (17) I219-V” that is available just as UWP driver, im
dreaming to downgrade bios driver to some older network driver that was working in win7, xp, …etc

thx in advance and sorry for stupid noob questions

Theres no more recent sources of more recent tools or config files for modern chipsets/vbios, past the SKL/KBL/CFL/AML platforms skus.
Irrelevant for users using a PURE UEFI system, vbios is legacy only.

[Latest] Intel Ethernet/LAN Drivers - Important Drivers / Other Drivers - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

Hi MeatWar,
thx for prompt answer, i got some time to check it out, seems that “pure” driver will probably work just in win10 older versions 2015-2017.
But installing that driver on win8 doesn’t work. probably is that pure driver not “normal exe” as drivers for win7 are (ndis62).
I was hoping use “Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (17) I219-V” on winxp-win8,
for now i use just some slow wifi stick as alternative ;-(

about vbios, yes is legacy only and many things aren’t possible under uefi, so i need start old pc to do things like winxp, grub4dos, … and even network booting on uefi isn’t easy, … all config/booting files don’t work on uefi, even modify all for uefi is a nightmare, but thx again for your help.

how to debug why [drm:intel_bios_init [i915]] VBT signature "$VBT SNB/IVB-MOBILE ", BDB version 165 shows up or not thx

Do you have access to the BMP tool for CherryView? I developed a custom (non UEFI) BIOS and needs to adopt VBIOS to some boards with different display port configurations. I’m familiar with BMP and have used it for CedarView and BayTrail, but the BMP for CherryView is no longer available at Intel site.