[Guide] Transfer of specific Intel OROM VBIOS and GOP VBT settings by using Intel BMP tool

The laptop is using 416. So after transferring the setting and using UBU it does not show an updated version for the VBIOS. It gives the option to update to 2171. (which it is at already)
When I did this with my desktop Gigabyte board it showed a new version in UBU. Am I doing something wrong?

When I do update the VBIOS to 217, it actually changes the first VBIOS from 2179 to 2171.

@ tabascojoe
UBU does not support upgrading Device ID of mobile devices, so a replacement to be done manually.

ah!, no wonder I saw it on the desktop board.
So does that mean UBU updates the VBIOS just not the number? How do you replace it manually?

I have a desktop mainboard Gigabyte Z97 SOC and want to upgrade from 1038 to 1040.
I read out via MMTool the link ID:

1969,e091

But GPU-Z told me 8086-1622 as device id?!

Probably with MMTool but it doesnā€™t work either for me (Unknown Bios). Strangely even the original beta bios from Gigabyte displays unknown.
No mobile chipset but Desktop Z97 and Broadwell 5775C as cpu which is matter of fact a mobile socketed desktop processor.

Your significant nuclear is Broadwell HD graphics, the theory is different from a new skylake HD graphics, as the 8th generation integrated display the difference between core and the 9th generation and no desktop and mobile platforms points from Haswell HD graphics, the distinction between the concept of boundaries become comparatively very fuzzy.

Does somwhere exist a changelog file for Eagle lake vBIOS?
I have at the moment the version 1940 on my Q45 chipset. In your collection the version 2085 exist.
Would it be possible that 1xxx and 2xxx are different branches of the firmware, or is 2085 the latest for me too an better than 1940?

ch belongs to the old succession shows core, 4 series chipset with integrated display core, and GMA HD collectively for the fifth generation of the integrated graphics core. In earlier desktop and mobile platforms have two distinct branches, the final version as were 2085 and 2107, VBIOS no good or bad, but it wonā€™t bring a qualitative change, it can and driver version do compatible, especially some driver version clearly marked support updates to display the firmware, then a new version of the VBIOS will lead to better, especially improve the previously more common rendering errors

Dear SoniX, can you help me? Since i updated my vbios all works fine but it says BIOS unknown in gpu-z. I have an asus maximus hero viii, i7 6700k. I tried flashing the latest BIOS versiĆ³n untouched. After flashing it, i can read in the BIOS options: vbios 1033, but after the first restart, it disappears and in gpu-z says BIOS versiĆ³n unknown. Whats the problem?

@ jlmcr87
GPU-Z reads the VBIOS version is not where it is necessary.

Show VBIOS file that you assembled.

@SoniX

Hello :slight_smile:

Havenā€™t seen this posted, Intel HSW VBIOS Build Number: 1042 PC 14.34 06/15/2016

8086-0406-0402 Intel Haswell-Broadwell VBIOS 5.5.1042.zip (39 KB)

Thank Pacman. :slight_smile:
The file is cleaned and ready for settingsā€¦

Updated Collection Intel OROM in "VBIOS_and_BSF.7z":
- added OROM VBIOS+BSF Haswell/Broadwell v1042

- added OROM VBIOS+BSF Skylake/Kabyake v1045
(Thanx to plutomaniac. :slight_smile: )

- added OROM VBIOS+BSF Skylake/Kabyake v1046

Thanks. Is the BSF file also compatible with VBT 207?

I made a mistake, for the 1039 GOP version VBT 2.05
Size VBT 2.03, 2.05 coincides with the version 2.07. But it is better to use the BSF on the version 2.05.

vbt_for_gop_SKLKBL_v205.rar (29.7 KB)

- added OROM VBIOS+BSF CherryView v1014

- added OROM VBIOS+BSF Haswell/Broadwell v1043
(Thanx to Pacman. :slight_smile: )

- added OROM VBIOS+BSF Skylake/Kabyake v1047 and 1049

Iā€™m going to post here as well as i probably wasnā€™t in the right section to post this before.

I have a ux501jw which kind of lags with itā€™s built-in 4k display (even when changing the resolution to 1080p), but the lag is gone when i attach my 1080p 60hz external monitors to the laptop. So iā€™m thinking that it has to do with my vbios of my igpu. So i want to update my intel hd 4600 (haswell) vbios 2180 or the latest broadwell/haswell vbios, but despite trying to use the BMP tool of intel i get a ton of extra menus and overlapping menus which are flagged with a red book even after deleting the string in the ā€œapply to allā€ file.

Could you maybe update the vbios to the latest haswell/broadwell vbios for me? I would be grateful for saving me a hassle.

f13t66p36311n2_NIjsXGJR.zip (2.32 MB)