[HOT] Win10 Update makes nForce RAID arrays unaccessable

The related mod+signed NVIDIA nForce SATARAID drivers v10.6.0.23 with support of the devices named "Generic SCSI Array Device" are attached.
Don’t forget to import the Certificate of the Digital Signature before you try to install the drivers. Usage: Right click onto the CMD file > "Run as Administrator" > Enter "y" (for Yes!), when prompted - That’s all!

Depending on the current driver version of the NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller you should manually install either the mod+signed SATARAID driver v11.1.0.43 or the mod+signed SATARAID driver v10.6.0.23.
These are the devices, whose driver should be updated:
1. the device named "NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller" (is located within the "Storage Controller" section)
2. all devices named "Generic SCSI Array Device" (are located within the "System Devices" section)
3. optional: the devices named "NVIDIA nForce Serial ATA Controller", which are listed within the "Storage Controlles" section.

You may have to use the "Have Disk" button to get the related driver successfully installed.
Don’t reboot when being prompted to do it. Update the driver of all above mentioned devices - one after the other - and reboot not before the procedure has been completed!

64bit nForce SATARAID drivers v10.6.0.23 mod+signed by Fernando.rar (138 KB)

@Hotdog511 :
Thanks for your answers and additional details.

Question:
Did you hit the "View" tab and enable the option "Show hidden devices" before you took the picture?
If not, please take a new screenshot after having enabled the option "Show hidden devices". Within the "Speichercontroller" section should now be the devices named "NVIDIA nForce RAID Device" (= members of the RAID Array) listed.

Wish I’d found this thread before I started trying to re-install win10 after the latest update broke my system so it could not boot off my SATARAID storage
Anyway, here’s hoping that this will help revive my ABit an52 MOBO…
On the 1st post in this thread, the driver downloads are available by 2 links. It seems only the “mirror” link which take me to your onedrive works for me. the main link always gives me this error…

I’ve successfully downloaded the latest driver pack, which I hope to use tonight to good effect, however, I need to get the Realtek HD Audio drivers, which don’t seem to have “mirror” copies in your onedrive, and the link given gives the error above.
Are you able to make the realtek audio drivers available on your onedrive “mirror”?
Using these drivers on my win10 install should give me better performance, and also stop Windows 10 updates from breaking boot disks? (spent the weekend backing up my disks at a blindingly fast speed of 7MB/s…)

Regards,
John

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded MEGA link error message and blank lines removed (to save space)

Yes, I forgot to turn on “show hidden devices”…
here is the screenshot of “Storage devices” with "show hidden devices"
I see than also “NVIDIA nForce RAID Device” 2 times…

BR|addpics|9x8-4-5307.jpg-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|

@tandeejay :
Hello John,
welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Done!

Hoping, that you will succeed
Dieter (alias Fernando)

My system has an aBit AN52 motherboard. with 2 x RAID 1 arrays

I took the fee upgrade to win10 offer. And everything was going fine (at least I thought it was, except for a performance issue where I couldn’t get more than 10MB/s off the disks in a motherboard RAID 1 array which I believe would have been fixed by this driver…

My problem now, is that on the weekend, my computer failed to boot with win10 boot loader showing that dreaded blue screen complaining about an inaccessible boot device. After many failed attempts to get the system to boot, I bit the bullet, and decided to do a clean install of win 10 where I was having trouble getting the installer to install.

WHen I initially did the win10 upgrade, I downloaded and burnt a dvd with the win 10 media, and on the weekend I also built a win10 install USB with the latest WIn10 media from microsoft.

The USB key boot could not see the nVraid disk, but the DVD that I’d burnt earler could see the nvraid disk.

I also have a Skymaster pci express Sata raid card which I’d bought to be able to connect my Blueray player/dvd burner. this time, as I was doing a clean install, I took the opportunity to move one of my raid arrays to the Skymaster card, which both the DVD and the USB install media could see.

I did the install off the CD to the Skymaster raid, after the install, I could see the nvraid disk (and was able to perform a backup of it) so I tried following the procedure in this post to get this driver installed, which appeared to work, and system rebooted successfully, but then I got windows to “check for updates” and it installed smoe updates, but after the reboot, the nvraid was showing with only 1 drive in the nvidia control panel, and in windows device manager, there was now only 1 disk displayed in the hidden devices section, so I shutdown to bios to find that the bios had now split the nvraid into 2 degraded arrays. I tried to rebuild one of the arrays, and now no nvraid device shows up in windows, and windows is not showing either of the 2 disks connected to the motherboad/nvraid.

Did I miss a step when applying the drivers?

Let me know if you need additional details.

Regards,
John

@tandeejay :
Please run the Device Manager, enable the "Show hidden devices" option and look into the "System Devices" section.
If you should see there any device named "Generic SCSI Array Device", right click onto it and choose the options "Update driver software…" > "Browse my computer…" > "Let me pick…". Then hit the "Have Disk" button, navigate to the appropriate mod+signed NVIDIA nForce SATARAID driver package from post #550 or post #558 and force the installation of the driver according post #558.

Thanks for your quick response! I will have to have a look at that when I get home from work tonight.

When I try to install the latest driver, it is ssaying the file is not digitally signed and wont install. I’ve tried both the one in post 550 and the one in the original post.

I tried the 10.6 version, and it allows me to access my volume, but the NVIDIA Storage Configuration utilitity can’t see it, so I tried installing the latest, which said it didn’t need to install a new driver, so I thought I’d uninstall the device and try re-installing the latest driver which matches the version of the Storage config utility, but that is when it complains that it is not digitally signed.

You have to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate (right-click onto the file named "Import Win-RAID CA.cmd" and choose "run as Adminstrator"), before you can try to get the mod+signed driver installed.
Furthermore you may have to force the driver installation by using the "Have Disk" option.

This happened, because your currently in-use NVIDIA Storage Configuration Utility and the other NVIDIA nForce SATARAID devices have another version. If you want to use the mod+signed nForce SATARAID drivers v10.6.0.23, you have to update all related nForce RAID devices and the nForce RAID Utility.

I’ve already imported the CA:

Serial Number: e7f1316c2cdf23bd46957544c449a434
Issuer: CN=Win-RAID CA, OU=Fernando, O=www.win-raid.com, L=Jever, S=NI, C=DE, [email protected]
NotBefore: 26/10/2015 4:53 AM
NotAfter: 1/01/2040 9:59 AM
Subject: CN=Win-RAID CA, OU=Fernando, O=www.win-raid.com, L=Jever, S=NI, C=DE, [email protected]
Signature matches Public Key
Root Certificate: Subject matches Issuer
Cert Hash(sha1): a9 80 87 ec b8 d6 d3 79 4e b5 82 38 6a 55 72 4b b5 b8 bc f3

Certificate “Win-RAID CA” already in store.
CertUtil: -addstore command completed successfully.

But it still complains about the driver is not digitally signed.

This is not easy to understand, because the driver has been correctly digitally signed (I just have checked it by doing a right-click onto the file named nvraid.cat > "Properties" > "Digital Signatures" > "Details").
How did you try to get the driver installed?

Hello Dieter, thanks for drivers and information. I will install windows 10 x64 in these days with these drivers.
Mi mainboard is AsRock N68-S3 UCC, chipset nVIDIA nForce 7025-630a (MCP68SE), and my doubt is with HD Audio drivers.

If not install drivers in this pack, install HD Audio drivers to Nvidia graphics driver pack ? Thanks, and sorry for bad english.

I checked the nvraid.cat file I downloaded and can see that it is correctly signed with your cert.

I followed the steps in this thread… however, initially I did get the latest driver to work, couldn’t get the Generic SCSI Array Device working, and then after that you released the version that supported the Generic SCSI Array device, BUT… I then accidentally used the 10.6 driver and got it working, then couldn’t get the latest driver to install due to windows claiming that the driver isn’t signed. the 10.6 version is signed with your certificate, so not a CA issue.

As I re-installed win10, and havn’t done anything else yet with it, I’m thinking it might be simplest just to re-do the win10 install and start with a clean driver database, as I suspect I’ve somehow corrupted my driver database, or got it into a state where it is getting confused about which driver to install.

RE: NVIDIA: Optimized nForce Driverpacks for Vista/Win7
Fernando @551… Saturday August 13th, 2016 10.17pm

"After having done a deeper look into it I doubt, that any modification of the nForce RAID driver INF file named nvrd64.inf will solve the disappearance of the previously existing NVIDIA nForce RAID array after the update to Win10 v1607."

I too have a problem with raid array in windows 10 anniversary update (Gigabyte M55SLI-S4)… i’ve used a raid array on this motherboard from day one and updated from windows 7 thru to the latest build of windows 10 (short of the anniversary update) without issue.

On downloading the Anniversary Update as clean install media i’ve successfully updated two other computers without issue (one of those raid)…

On this motherboard however, the anniversary update does not recognise the raid array.
Using the previous build install media i can access Diskpart and partition the raid array.
However, in the anniversary edition i can’t even do that much… there are no drives showing (even when partitioned and formatted in the previous build first) and no drivers are accepted as digitally signed to install from. (either on the installation media, or otherwise)…

Let me know if you have any solutions to this problem

Thanks for having clarified this point.

I agree with you. A clean re-install of the OS will be the best way and hopefully solve your problem.

Hallo Fernando -

I think I am close, but just want to double check some things before I hit "enter"
I successfully updated the Generic SCSI Array and NVIDIA nForce RAID Controller; everything is now v10.6.0.23
I successfully rebooted; the Disk 1 containing the RAID array shows up.
Much thanks for making this happen.

In Disk Management, I only have the option to choose a single volume; I do not have the ability to select RAID 5. I think this is correct, since the BIOS probably makes my RAID 5 array look like a single drive. Hence, I can only do one volume.
Where it asks to assign a drive letter, is it OK to choose the drive letter used pre-crash, or should I select “Do not assign a drive letter”, since the drive previously was assigned a letter
Where it asks “Format Partition”, please confirm that I SHOULD NOT format this volume? I’m assuming this is correct since I wish to recover my old data.

This is where I am at:

Can I hit “Finish” or would you recommend I change any settings?

THANKS AGAIN!

@mcdiver :
If you want to recover your data from the RAID5 array, you should neither create any new volume nor format an already existing RAID5 partition from within the Disk Management. The only thing you can do is to assign a drive letter for an already shown volume (partition).
This is what I recommend to do:
1. Enter the NVIDIA nForce MediaShield Utility by hitting the required keys while booting and check, whether the RAID5 array is still healthy.
2. Boot into Win10, run the Device Manager, choose the "View" option "Show hidden devices" and look into the "Storage Controllers" section. How many devices named "NVIDIA(R) nForce RAID Device" do you see and how many HDDs are members of the Array?

I see my problem, I missed your comment about picking your driver pack to match the currently installed one. so the 10.6.0.23 is the one I need.

So to get the NVRaid Tools working, I just need to find the right version.

Thanks for your assistance!

nVidia RAID 5 utility at boot shows a healthy RAID 5 array, 4 drives in the array. At the same time, it is highlighted in red… not sure if that is simple highlighting or indicative of something (ie, doing background rebuild?)

Device Manager (all devices unhidden):
- Under Disk Drives:
Shows a WDC SCSI Disk Drive. I don’t believe that is supposed to be there, since it should be part of the array. Under Device Status, it says "this h/w is not connected to the computer (Code 45)". Icon is grayed out (unlike the "working" devices)
Also [correctly] shows nVidia RAID5 array… "Device is working properly"

- Under Storage Controllers:
(correctly) shows 4 nVidia nF RAID Devices; there are four drives in the array, so that matches.
It also shows three nVidia nF SATA Controllers; I’m not sure why it shows three (and not 1 or 4) or whether it is significant. Device properties for the three devices indicates a location of PCI Bus 0, Device 14, function [0-2], and "Device is working properly" for all of them.

- Under System Devices
Verified that no Generic SCSI devices are listed

|addpics|9w8-b-b5c6.jpg-invaddpicsinvv|/addpics|