[HowTo] Get full NVMe Support for all Systems with an AMI UEFI BIOS

Hi
Some good man will send a modified tested bios to H81M-P33 1.0, preferably mod on version E7817IMS.1A0 or E7817IMS.190…? There is not much about this mobo on the forum…

regards
SW

The “good man” can be you, follow the guide as many MANY users already done it, themselves, thats the purpose of the present guide here and the dedication of the author.
Good luck.

EDIT: The guide is for FULL reading, your problem is documented, if you read it correctly by now you would know this…in this case a WARNING is documented in the UEFI tool method section.
The mod can be done with UEFI tool (0.25/0.28) or AMI MMtool.

hi
Okey :slight_smile: I did but something is not right, can someone check it.

thx
regards
SW

ps. I think I managed it in MMTool 4.50.0.23

Still needs to verify both files (for Pads) with UEFI tool, the original and the mod.

EDIT: Seems ok now, use bios feature M-Flash, do not flash in Windows.

Hi
I showed the original on the right, and the mod on the left, and what is marked does not match is the only difference. Made by MMTool 4.50.0.23 is everything as in the original.

With the naked eye you can see that it is ok, I think so xD

EDIT: Seems ok now, use bios feature M-Flash, do not flash in Windows.

ps. ok thx

A post was split to a new topic: Question about M.2 > PCIe NVMe Adapter

A post was split to a new topic: [Request] ASUS Z170 DeLuxe BIOS for >32GB RAM

A post was split to a new topic: [Offer] Kontron KTQ67-KTQ77 BIOS with NVMe Support

I’m having trouble getting my Samsung 990 Pro to serve as the boot drive on my Asus Maximus V Extreme. The board sees the drive based on the bios mod, but for some reason I can’t get it to boot from it. Did I need both the NvmExpressDxe_5 and the Samsung_M2_DXE lines in the bios? The CSMCORE and both NvmExpressDXE and Samsung_M2_DXE are reflecting they are VOL 02. I’ve tried using Samsung Magician and Acronis True Image to clone my current Samsung 870 QVO SSD, but still not able to get the NVME to serve as the boot drive…and yes…I unplugged the 870. Is there some step I’m missing here?

@Iron_MAJ
Since the Samsung 990 Pro is an NVMe SSD and not a SATA AHCI one, it wouldn’t make any sense to insert the Samsung_M2_DXE module.

As long as the EFI Boot Sector named “Windows Boot Manager” hasn’t been created as a separate partition, the SSD is not shown within the BIOS as being bootable.
Please follow “Step 4” of my Guide to get it done.
Good luck!

Thanks @Fernando. Took some effort, but I was able to get it to work with a clean install. I had to use a third party software to transfer my files and apps. but it’s up and running. I did notice Samsung Magician showing the NVME drive as “locked”, but after a few restarts…all good now.

1 Like

Mmmh, I fell into the category of those people to whom the Pad-file was removed by the uefitool during the save operation. What do I do about it? I was patching latest BIOS file for the MSI B43-G85 motherboard.

Did the guide only mentioned UEFI tool method… look again.

As stated in the title of the thread this is a guide for AMI UEFI/LEGACY BIOS. What about other brands, such as HP?

AMI is a bios developer that provides bios platform programming for system manufacturers, not an OEM system brand like HP, Lenovo, Acer etc…
The guide is related to AMI UEFI Aptio Core based bios systems, not Phoenix, InsydeH2O or old legacy AMI8, AWARD6/Phoenix.

EDIT: No need to apologise… because you simply didnt understood anything of what i wrote…
So AGAIN… HP is a OEM system brand, AMI is bios brand/type.
We dont know your HP model so you dont know your bios type…
There are no specific mods for HP/Lenovo etc… the guide is specific for AMI bios types…
Let me know what part your having difficulties to understand…

Ok, thanks. Are there any guides to modify(nvme) HP bios?
My appolgies, if this is wrong thread!

HP EliteBook 840 G2
BIOS version M71_1.31

I figured out the reason for the misunderstanding: I wrote the first question a bit wrong. I perfectly understand the difference between AMI BIOS and OEM (creates its own hardware and software). I didn’t mean to imply that AMI is a hardware manufacturer brand, I was wondering if there is a thread on this forum where I could ask for help with modifying the BIOS specifically for HP brand products?
Specifically HP EliteBook 840 G2…
I have already apologized for writing in the wrong thread

You seemed to me rude…

8 posts were split to a new topic: [Request] NVMe Support for GA-EX58 UD3R

Why would one use the larger NvmExpressDxe_4.ffs (20.3 KB) if there’s full support in the NvmExpressDxe_Small.ffs (5.88 KB)?

Inquiring minds…

@hafizullah Welcome to the Win-Raid Forum!
We don’t offer anymore the v4 variant of the NVMe EFI module.
By the way - you can choose the module of your choice.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

1 Like