Install of Windows XP in AHCI mode onto an Intel 8-Series Chipset system

Hi,

I need to install a LENOVO T440p laptop with a XP 32bit version. ChipSet Intel 8 (C600)
Unfortunately while using the “Universal 32bit Intel RST textmode driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando (corrected at 08/26/2014)” I am getting a “File iastorA.sys could not be found” error.
Any hints?

BTW there is no option in the bios to check the SATA mode.
Latest BIOS has been installed.

rgds
ibanez

EDIT by Fernando: Thread title customized

ibanez:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

The Intel AHCI/RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 belongs to conventional RST driver generation, which works without any additional SCSI driver named iaStorF.sys. That is why the driver itself is named iaStor.sys and not iaStorA.sys (regardless if original or modded).
Questions:

1. Why do you want to install the outdated Windows XP onto your new laptop?
  2. Did you follow my guide (look >here<)?
  3. Which DeviceID has the Intel SATA Controller of your laptop (open the "IDE/ATAPI Controllers" of the Win8.1 Device Manager> right click onto the listed Controllers > "Properties" > "Details" > "Property" > "HardwareIDs")?

Regards
Fernando

Hi Fernando,

thanks for your quick reply and your efforts.

1. I have no other option - it needs to be XP for special reasons. LENOVO is providing XP drivers for this kind of hardware, but unfortunately not for the Chipset itself.
2. Yes I did and got stuck after the installation with the error above.
3. VEN_8086&DEV_8C03

rgds
ibanez

Are you sure, that you got the error message "File iastorA.sys could not be found"? I ask this, because there is no "iaStorA.sys" entry within any of the files, which belong to the "Universal 32bit Intel AHCI & RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" (the driver of the package is named iaStor.sys and not iaStorA.sys).
If yes, then you have either integrated an Intel RST(e) driver v11.5.x.xxxx or higher or there were more than just the "Universal 32bit Intel RST AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 mod by Fernando" integrated into the XP CD (maybe you used an already previously nLited XP CD).
Both possibilities automaticly induce a Windows XP Setup failure.
My advice:
Create a new Windows XP CD with integrated "Universal 32bit Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006 mod" from scratch, but make sure, that you
a) use an original (=untouched) XP SP3 CD as source,
b) don’t load any Last_session.ini of a previous work with nLite,
c) integrate just the the modded 32bit Intel AHCI driver v11.2.0.1006,
d) choose just the option "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family Mobile SATA AHCI Controller DEV_8C03 (added by Fernando)" during the textmode driver procedure and
e) burn the bootable ISO CD only with a moderate speed.

Thanks!

This has helped me at least to get Windows XP installed. So this means your driver is working fine after I had to create a new CD from scratch.
In order to get this running I have started the WinXP install with [F7] to get the ACPI mode disabled - otherwise it won´t continue.

Unfortunately now I am getting a BSOD when I am going to boot up the system.
It´s an 0xf789e524 error and I have no option to change the AHCI mode in the BIOS.

rgds
ibanez

Thanks for the feedback. It is fine, that you succeeded at least with the XP installation onto your Intel 8-Series Chipset system.

>Here< you can get a tool, which may be able to solve this BSOD problem. I cannot confirm the effectiveness of the tool, because I never needed/used it.

I doubt, that you don’t have the BIOS option to change the SATA mode of the Intel SATA ports, but you should not touch the current Intel SATA Controller BIOS settings.

I am going through the exact same issues as Zitat, I incorporated your drivers and it let me install XP (I also had to press F7) on a Series 8 C220 Lenovo Laptop but when trying to boot I get a BSOD and stop 0x0000007B (0xBACC3524, 0xc0000034, 0x00000000 0x00000000) Which as I understand it, means boot device unavailable.

Any suggestions welcome

Big Thanks

Ice

@ Ice coffee:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Questions:
1. Did you use a "clean" (untouched) original XP CD as source?
2. Which driver did you integrate?
3. Which Intel SATA Controller did you highlight during the textmode driver integration procedure?
4. Has the Intel SATA Controller been set to "AHCI" before you started with the XP installation?
5. Which ACPI setting did you choose after having hit F7?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Well, I feel stoopid because I pretty much did’nt do any of that. For now I will stop wasting your time and try again. If I get stuck again I will come back. Thank you very very much for your help.