Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

A link would be fine.

UBU package contains the latest version of the Intel GOP Driver v5.5.1031. :slight_smile:

EDIT by Fernando: This is the latest version of the Intel Broadwell resp. Broadwell compatible GopDriver, but davidm71 was talking about the latest Intel Haswell GopDriver.

@ davidm71 and SoniX:
Thanks for the info resp. the link.

@ all:
The latest Intel GopDriver v5.5.1031 has been added to the start post.
EDIT: Because of SoniX’s last post I had added the Intel Broadwell resp. Broadwell compatible GopDriver and not the latest “clean” Intel Haswell GopDriver. I am sorry about that.

It will be correct Haswell-Broadwell v5.5.xxxx. Only Haswell v5.0.xxxx.
Latest version Haswell GOP Driver 5.0.1037 :slight_smile:

GOP_HSW_5_0_1037.rar (25.3 KB)

Confused. There are two GOP drivers? One for Haswell and Broadwell, and one exclusively for haswell? Which one would be appropriate for a Z87 board running a 4670k?

Also if I have a discrete graphics card theres no point in upgrading right?

Thanks.

Yes.

Both are compatible.

Yes.

@ all:

After a lot of confusion regarding the latest Intel Haswell/Broadwell GopDriver versions I have re-updated the start post of this thread.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Intel Haswell GopDriver v5.0.1037 dated 02/01/2014 for “clean” Haswell HD4600/5000 iGPUs
  • new: Intel Broadwell GopDriver v5.5.1031 dated 11/14/2014 for Broadwell and Broadwell compatible Haswell iGPUs

I am not sure, whether these FFS files are compatible with all Intel Haswell/Broadwell systems.

They should be. To my understanding the new gop supports both the new and older platform. Like SB/IVB vBIOS, initially there was SB only and later a IVB/SB version for both of them. SoniX can verify.

are files at page 1 compatible with notebooks ?

Some of them will work with some notebooks, others not.
My personal advice: I generally do not recommend to modify the BIOS of a Mobile System for users, who do not know what to do, when the flashing procedure fails. The benefit, which the users may get by a modded BIOS, is usually not worth the risk of a bricked mobile system.

is there a website thats giving the notebook compatible files ? and thanks.you are very helpful

I do not know such website.
Additionally I doubt, that such site exists, because each notebook model is different and may need absolutely different BIOS modules.

is Intel SandyBridge GopDriver v2.0.1024 for HD3000 Graphics Adapters and Intel IvyBridge GopDriver v3.0.1027(this version is in ubu tool) for HD4000 Graphics Adapters compatible with notebook ?

there is no satadriver in my rom.:S

It depends on the CPU of the notebook.

Why do you want to insert or update the Intel EFI SataDriver module? It will only be used, if your on-board Intel SATA Controller has been set to "RAID" (which is rather unusual for notebooks) and the OS is running in "clean" UEFI mode.

My cpu is i5 3337u so can ı do that?

Important is not the exact model name, but the architecture of the CPU (SandyBridge, IvyBridge, Haswell etc.).
Questions from my side:
1. Did you find a GopDriver within the BIOS of your notebook? If yes, extract it, open it with an Hex Editor and compare the code with the GopDriver you want to insert.
2. Why do you want to update the BIOS modules of your notebook? After having read all your questions, I really doubt, that you will succeed.

ı want to improve my notebooks performance the reason is this and first line is same in update file and installed file in second line there is some changes.

this is the gop driver that im using now

this is the gop driver insine ubu

what do you think should i update ?

Nothing.
The hex code differences within the second line are mainly caused by the checksum correction The checksum-8 of the BIOS modules has to be 0 or F8 and the correction is usually done within the second line.