Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

Nothing.
The hex code differences within the second line are mainly caused by the checksum correction The checksum-8 of the entire FFS module has to be 0 and the correction is usually done within the second line.

what is checksum-8 ?

Open the FFS file with the tool HxD and hit "Analysis" > "Checksums". There you will find the "Checksum-8".
If you want to know, what "Checksum-8" (= Checksum 8 Bit) means, please look >here<.

Open the FFS file with the tool HxD and hit "Analalysis" > "Checksums". There you will find the "Checksum-8".
If you want to know, what "Checksum-8" (= Checksum 8 Bit) means, please look >here<.

sorry for my bad english if there needs to be modifications then can you do that ? i didnt got what you mean exactly because of my poor english.

What did you not understand?
The customization of a BIOS file needs a certain knowledge about the BIOS structure and the hex code rules, but not about the english language.

No, I will not do that for you, because I don’t want to be responsable for a bricked notebook.

both is F8

Both what?

Both what?

both files.checksum is same
also i have compared the files and program said files are same

i have flashed and its worked.

Please let us know, which BIOS modules (name and version of the files) you have compared.

Congratulations, but I would rather like to know,
a) what "worked" (the flashing procedure or the expected boost of your notebook performance) and
b) which updated BIOS modules did you insert?

Please let us know, which BIOS modules (name and version of the files) you have compared.

Congratulations, but I would rather like to know,
a) what "worked" (the flashing procedure or the expected boost of your notebook performance) and
b) which updated BIOS modules did you insert?

I compared mine(before)IvbGopDriver to ubu’s IvbGopDriver.

here what ı’ve installed:
EFI Gop Driver ivy bridge 3.0.1027
EFI Gop Driver sandy bridge 2.0.1024
OROM Realtek Boot Agent 2.61

performance is same since i have updated me firmware and installed true drivers.

Thanks for the requested infos.
Last question:
Which OS are you running and with which mode (LEGACY or UEFI) has it been installed?

Win 8.1 core single language x64 UEFÄ°

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text deleted (to save space)

Win 8.1 core single language x64 UEFÄ°

Thanks.
This means, that your updated Option ROM modules will not be used at all.

Hi Fernando,

Was trying to replace satadriver in a Gigabyte Z87X UD5H with bios F9 and I get file size exceeds volume size error. I also updated the 8086-2822 to 13.6.0.2164. The satadriver was at index #24 and so I deleted it and then inserted ‘as compressed’. Does inserting as compressed make a difference? Also the index number is no longer #24 but one of the last ones. Does that also make a difference?

Thank you.

No.

No, a freshly inserted BIOS module (except Option ROM ones, which are within the CSMCORE) will always be added at the end of the related "Volume". This has no effect on its function.

There is a new orom module for intel sata, version 14.0.0.2198.
http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php
on-14.0.0.2198/

The EFI RaidDriver is working well for me on Maximus VII Ranger :slight_smile:

rst14.jpg

@ all:

Today I have totally refurbished the start post of this thread and added the new Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” modules v14.0.0.2198 (Source: Station-Drivers).

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” modules v14.0.0.2198 for GUID 90C8D394 and GUID 91B4D9C1 (thanks to Pacman for the source file)
  • new: Intel Broadwell GopDriver v5.5.1032 for Broadwell and Broadwell compatible Haswell iGPUs
  • removed: some old and less interesting Intel RST(e) and RSTe EFI “RaidDriver” modules.

Any feedback or infos regarding missing files are much appreciated!

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando,

I tried to insert the 14.0.0.xxxx satadriver ffs and get an ‘invalid ffs’ error message in mmtool. I searched with google and you said you get these with invalid checksums?

how to fix?

thanks

Are you sure, that you tried to insert the FFS file with the GUID, which is suitable for your mainboard BIOS?
Which GUID does the AMI Aptio MMTool show for the "SataDriver" module, which is within your original BIOS?

The EFI RaidDriver (="SataDriver") source file has not been checksum corrected, but the GUID variants I am offering within the start post of this thread have been checksum corrected by me (checksum-8: F8).