Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@ all:

Unfortunately I had uploaded a few days ago new Intel EFI RaidDriver modules v14.0.0.2198, which obviously were unusable (affected users got the message, that the related FFS files were invalid). I am sorry about that.
It was Pacman, who gave me the info today. That is why I didn’t correct the mistake earlier.

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• corrected: Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” modules v14.0.0.2198 for GUID 90C8D394 and GUID 91B4D9C1 (thanks to Pacman for the info)

Any feedback or infos regarding missing files are much appreciated!

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

i know i was updated sucessfully my gopdrivers but im not sure are they for notebook or desktop ?

is Intel RST(e) EFI "RaidDriver" modules v13.1 series compatible with notebooks ?

Any answer ? thanks.

Yes.
Why do you think, that it may not?
There is generally no difference between desktop and mobile system BIOSes regarding the Intel RAID ROM/EFI modules (except the very limited BIOS options and the fact, that 99% of the mobile systems neither need nor use RAID modules, because the RAID mode doesn’t make much sense for mobile systems).

Hi,

Was wondering whats the difference between ‘IntelGopDriver’ and ‘IntelSaGopDriver’? I see both in my firmware. Could not find an explanation.

Thank you.

I asked this question already in July 2013 (look >here<), but neither SoniX nor Pacman knew it.
The only important Intel "Graphics Output Protocol Driver", which is used while booting in "clean" UEFI mode, is the IntelGopDriver (look >here<).

The IntelGopDriver is the actual EFI GOP driver that will take care of the display during booting with CSM disabled. The IntelSaGopDriver stands for Intel System Agent GOP Driver and it is responsible for the protocols and policies related to the GOP driver. The first one is provided by Intel and updatable, the later is compiled by OEM and should not be touched.

I believe it can also be found under the name of IntelSaGopPolicy, if I’m not confusing the two of them.

Hi,

I have laptop named Asus N73SV and it has a option of UEFI boot, while not having the EFI driver.
So I came here and try it out, using the instruction of course. (Using the Ami UEFI Tool version 4.5)
The uncompressed and the compressed version didnt work and still gave me "File size exceeds the volume size".
You can try it out, by downloading the bios on the official website.
Odly enough this bios is not a UEFI(In terms of UI) yet cant be open by a non UEFI ami tool.

Soo… Im a bit lost.
You might wanna ask why you want UEFI boot able? While the HM65 chip doesnt support raid?
Because modding is fun, risky, but fun.

You might want to try compressing some of the other modules to make room…

This is an old UEFI BIOS based on EDK1 (pre-ME8 era). You can add EFI SataDriver there, but there are very small chances it will work properly because it’s for EDK2-based BIOSes.
There is enough free space in DXE volume and it’s already LZMA-compressed, so any additional compression won’t help at all.
My advice: just use OptionROM and be happy, no need to try anything.

I actually Read the option rom methode,

But it lead to more confusion then ever.

As the option rom is actually hidden.

I did found the tutorial(Link), but, I actually dont really understand how to implent it. It said updating the option rom over the adding in a module. It did had a section where you can add missing module.

@ vietchinh:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Haven’t you seen chapter 5 of the linked guide?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I did, uhm, do i have to insert the Sata Vendor Id and device I?

Yes!

Uhm…

Thanks for helping everybody.

For some reason it worked. The insert without the “for option rom only” checked.
Im eager, Very eager to test it out. I’ll let you know. Oh and here is a pic.

Edit one:

Well…

I guess N73SV, hates UEFI, while having UEFI option.

When trying to install windows 8.1 form a GPT usb drive, it just simple locks up at the windows 8.1 Logo with 1 or 2 dots frozen on the screen.

Well back to good old MBR and OROM.

Oh and MBR UEFI bootable usb doenst work either.

Now I know more.

Edit two : After installing the GOP module, still no go. Oh well. Researching and testing is fun.

I never need to insert a RAID OROM or an EFI SataDriver to my BIOS if I only use AHCI, right? And is there any advantage of inserting an Intel GOP Driver to my BIOS if I use a discrete card anyway? I’m aiming for a pure EFI boot here.

Yes!

No!

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” modules v14.0.0.2209 for GUID 90C8D394 and GUID 91B4D9C1 (thanks to Pacman for the source file)
  • removed: Intel RST(e) “RaidDriver” modules v14.0.0.2198 (the newer modules are probably better)

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” modules v14.0.0.2234 for GUID 90C8D394 and GUID 91B4D9C1 (Thanks to SoniX for the compressed soure files!)
  • removed: Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” modules v14.0.0.2209 (the newer modules are probably better)

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)