Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

EFI IRSTe SATA RAID - v4.2.0.1036
EFI IRSTe sSATA RAID - v4.2.0.1036
SCU Driver not found. :frowning:

EFI_IRSTe_v4201036.rar (60.7 KB)

Update of the start post

Changelog:

• new: Intel RST(e) EFI ā€œRaidDriverā€ modules v14.5.0.2241 for GUID 90C8D394 and GUID 91B4D9C1 (thanks to plutomaniac for the source file)

Any feedback or infos regarding missing files are much appreciated!

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Unlucky, while the OROM Legacy works (Iā€™ve added it with no problems at all), the EFI RaidDriver (Iā€™ve the GUID 91B4D9C1) doesnā€™t.

Iā€™ve a Maximus VI Extreme motherboard. I think SoniX could fix this issue.

Anyway thanks for sharing the source files.

I am sorry about this issue.
Which error message did you get while trying to replace the module?

EDIT:
I just tested it with the BIOS of my ASRock Z97 Extreme6, which uses the EFI RaidDriver/SataDriver GUID 91B4D9C1 as well and succeeded with the replacement without any problem.
Is it possible, that you had checked by mistake the "For Option ROM Only" field?

I used both UefiTool and MMTool replacing the SATADriver (which is compressed) with the one you linked (uncompressed) and after flashing
via USB Flashback, I canā€™t disable CSM. If I do, EFI Rom doesnā€™t appear in the bios menu, while the Legacy one (OROM) is the only one which
works.

Iā€™ve the same EFI/SataDriver 91B4D9C1 like you, but it doesnā€™t work on Maximus VI Extreme, while the 14.0 rom, using UBU, works like a charm.

@ Sylar:
Thanks for the quick reply.
So you were able to successfully replace the EFI SataDriver module by using the AMI Aptio IV MMTool and got the modded BIOS flashed without any problem, but could not get access to the Intel(R) RST RAID Utility within the UEFI BIOS?
That is strange. Maybe the v14.5 EFI RaidDriver does not fully support Intel 8-Series Chipset systems.
I will test it now with my Z97 system.
Alternatively we have to wait for reports from other users.

Yes, the legacy OROM file works like a charm, while the efi doesnā€™t. If I disable CSM the Intel Raid Sata Driver menu doesnā€™t appear inside bios menu, so I canā€™t have a full uefi system.

EDIT.

Iā€™ve also noticed that with last UBU 1.2.7 if I update both LAN (Intel) and Raid EFI/OROM SataDriver, if I disable CSM and reboot, on uefi bios
I canā€™t see the Intel Gigabit Ethernet menu anymore. I can only see the Realtek Gigabit Ethernet menu like the Intel Rapid Storage for raid.

So I used the UBU 1.24LT which uses a new UNDI/UEFI rom for Intel Gigabit and now it works, I have all three menu (Intel GBE, Realtek GBE and Intel Rapid Storage for Raid).

It seems newest efi satadriver and intel gigabit lan efi doesnā€™t properly work together.

Meanwhile I have tested it myself with my Z97 system and can confirm Sylar76ā€™s report: After having flashed the modded BIOS containing the EFI RaidDriver module v14.5.0.2241 I was not able to find the ā€œIntel(R) Rapid Storage Technologyā€ utility within the entire UEFI BIOS.
My conclusion: The EFI RaidDriver v14.5.0.2241 is either faulty or not usable with ā€œolderā€ Intel Chipsets like the 8- or 9-Series.

Iā€™ve edited my previous post adding a bug using latest UBU 1.2.7 and updating Intel Gigabit LAN orom too.

Maybe you should post your UBU experience into >this< thread as well.

These FFS-files (IRST 14.5) are only for the BIOS on the platform Aptio5 and they will not run on a platform Aptio4.

@Fernando ,
@SoniX ,
You are both wrong, our file is faulty, see the Header from .ffs file, right is here:

rst1450.jpg

14.5.0.2241.zip (147 KB)

I agree with you. There is a double header.

@ morpheus67:
Thanks for the info!

Where did you get the correct files or did you correct the header yourself?

EDIT:
I suspect, that the source file of the Intel EFI RaidDriver v14.5.0.2241, which has been posted >here<, was already faulty (indicated by a wrong checksum-8).
That is why I corrected the checksum by using CodeRushā€™s UEFITool.

The image can be found at a number of different sources. It seems that some of them include the double header, others are ok. The OEM messed up. I downloaded another source file and after manual extraction the resulting file is now ok. As Dieter said, the source file was corrupted to begin with. Sorry about thatā€¦

@Fernando ,
had this ROM self extracted from asrock Bios and the Header corrected for z97 extreme6, I see your posting #288 and Test this ROMā€¦what the hellā€¦ then open this ROM with Hex-Editorā€¦ oh oh.

Regards
morpheus67

@ morpheus67:
Thanks for your reply.
Please give me the link to the ASRock BIOS, where you found the EFI RaidDriver v14.5.0.2241.

I sent a pm with the details Fernando

ā€¦the Link: ASRock BIOS

@ plutomaniac and morpheus67:
Thanks for the links!

@ all:
Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• corrected: Intel EFI RaidDrivers v14.5.0.2241 GUID 90C8D394 and GUID 91B4D9C1

I am sorry for any inconvenience due to the faulty source file and hope, that everything is ok now.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

EDIT:
I just have successfully flashed a freshly modded BIOS containing the corrected Intel EFI RaidDriver v14.5.0.2241 GUID 91B4D9C1 into my ASRock Z97 Extreme6 mainboard.
With this corrected module I got immediately access to the EFI mode Intel Rapid Storage Technology Utility v14.5.0.2241.
Look here:

RaidDriver_14502241.jpg