Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

Some BIOS require a custom additional header structure, I always have to make my own versions to support Clevo systems otherwise the system will not work properly and boot only after a long post delay.

I don’t know of any additional ffs header structure, unless you are talking about FFSv3, dependencies or encapsulation sections. But the later two have nothing to do with additional header, they are common sections as defined by UEFI specs. Can someone upload those buggy ffs modules? From the image Sonix posted here, that ffs is 100% wrong. It has 0xFD as pad bytes, so it was extracted with MMTool. It is defined as EFI driver, so there is no ambiguity about being a custom file. It has a normal DXE dependency section, so nothing custom about that. The problem starts with defining a PE section and the content is not PE type, but another ffs. The PE section size seems to be accurate, as 0x334F0 - 0x334A4 = 0x4C. Subtract from 0x4C the following 0x18 + 0x16 + 2 = 0x1C, which is a common size for UI section. What they have done wrong is that they generated a proper ffs, but then included that in PE section in other ffs, when they should have generated the ffs just from DXE_DEP + EFI in PE + UI [ + Version].

Is v12.9.0.2006 the latest EFI RaidDriver that is 12.x?

The original EFI files. It does not contain any sections.
IRST 13.1 - 14.5 and IRSTe 4.0 - 4.2

IRSTe_EFI_files.rar (309 KB)

@ all users with an AMI Aptio V BIOS mainboard:

Our Forum member sinders asked me to offer “clean” Intel RaidDriver modules (without any header), which can be inserted into AMI Aptio V BIOSes.
That is why I have added such variants of the latest v14 series modules to the start post of this thread.

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• new: Intel EFI RaidDriver v14.0.0.2234 without header (for Aptio V BIOSes)
  • new: Intel EFI RaidDriver v14.5.0.2241 without header (for Aptio V BIOSes)

• EDIT:
  • updated: Intel Broadwell GopDriver v5.5.1033 (thanks to SoniX for the file)

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Yes!

Thanks very much Fernando for doing this for us users using motherboards with the Aptio V BIOS.
Hopefully when newer versions of the Intel EFI RaidDriver modules become available, you will
also include a download of them on your download page meant for the Aptio V BIOS.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted text remoed (to save space)

I think it’s best to spread all versions in its pure form (EFI), without any sections (FFS header, type, Depex, UI, etc). To replace the best use UEFI Tool, (Section PE32 → “Replace body…”. Thereby preserving all sections of the original FFS file.

@ SoniX:
You are certainly right, but there are a lot of users with an Aptio IV BIOS system, who have never used the UEFITool, but are accustomed to simply replace the EFI modules by using the AMI Aptio4 MMTool.
I would rather like to get their statement, before I change the structure of the start post completely.

It is a hard decision to make considering users of the Aptio V BIOS system need the EFI modules in their current form that has always been shared here because
they are more used to using AMI Aptio4 MMTool to mod the BIOS and have not used UEFITool. The only way around this to make everybody happy is to also
include EFI modules but without header so they work on the Aptio V BIOS systems as well.

@ Fernando

I agree with you.

Personally, I use MMTool only to work with the OROM in Aptio4. All other operations are done in the UEFI Tool. Much easier and more interesting. :slight_smile:

In this case, then we will spread 3 variants:
1) FFS with GUID 90… for Aptio4
2) FFS with GUID 91… for Aptio4
3) Pure EFI file for independent work.

Edit:
Intel GOP Driver Haswell-Broadwell - 5.5.1033
FFS GUID 5BBA83E6-… and pure EFI files

GOPDriver_HSW_BDW_1033.rar (29.8 KB)

This is what I am currently offering within the start post of this thread.

Hi Fernando. Here is a pack with the other EFI modules versions without header for the Aptio V BIOS so you can add them beside the other EFI module downloads you have in the first post of this thread.The pack
contains EFI modules versions v13.1.0.2126 up to v14.0.0.2234. I see you already added a v14.0.0.2234 one without header so you won`t need that one that in the pack. It was member SoniX that give me this
pack. The pack also contains the normal IRST OROM modules which you don’t need and so can discarded them because it is just the EFI modules you need.

You can feel free to remove this pack from board attachment in this post if you want after downloading the pack to save board space.
EDIT by Fernando: Attachment removed, because SoniX himself had already added his package (with even more modules) to >this< post.

@ sinders:

Thank you for having posted a package with some Intel RaidDriver modules without header you got from SoniX a while ago, but you obviously have overseen, that SoniX himself had posted a similar package with even more Intel RaidDriver versions yesterday (look >here<)
As soon as I will have the time I will add some of the still missing “pure” Intel RaidDriver versions to the start post of this thread…

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v3.8.0.1029 GUID 43A0A7B3
  • new: "pure" Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v3.8.0.1029 (without any header)
  • new: Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.0.0.1016 GUID 43A0A7B3
  • new: "pure" Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.0.0.1016 (without any header)
  • new: Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.1.0.1026 GUID 43A0A7B3
  • new: "pure" Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.1.0.1026 (without any header)
  • new: Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.2.0.1036 GUID 43A0A7B3
  • new: "pure" Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.2.0.1036 (without any header)

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ SoniX:
As you can see above, I followed your advice, which you had given here:

Furthermore I have updated the guide I had written about how to update/replace an EFI module by using CodeRushs UEFITool. You can find it >here< within the Chapter B.

Hi,

It’s the first time i post anything and as so, first of all, a very big thanks for all the work, time and effort to maintain this forum.

I came across this bios from SuperMicro: http://www.supermicro.com/about/policies…le.aspx?ID=3272
According to UBU’s scan it contains Intel Raid for Sata (RSTe) OROM and EFI v4.3.0.1018, which i haven’t yet seen around. ( i hope i’m not double posting someones post).

Best regards,

Are you sure that BIOS has a OROM and EFI version 4.3.0.1018? I just downloaded that BIOS just now and checked it with
the latest UBU BIOS Updater and it says the OROM and EFI version within the BIOS is 4.2.0.1036 not v4.3.0.1018.

@ MerlinX:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your info!

This is what I got after having downoaded the BIOS and opened it by using UBU:

Intel RaidDriver v4201036.png

So I cannot see any Intel RAID module v4.3.0.1018.
Is it possible, that you have linked the wrong BIOS?

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

EDIT:
@ sinders:
We obviously have written our posts at the same time, but you have been faster than me.

Yes, you’re quite right. My bad. Here is the correct link : http://www.supermicro.nl/about/policies/…le.aspx?ID=3270

Regards

@ all users with an AMI Aptio V BIOS mainboard:

Update of the Start Post

Changelog:

• new: Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.3.0.1018 GUID 43A0A7B3 (for X79 Chipset mainboards)
  • new: Intel RSTe EFI RaidDriver v4.3.0.1018 without header (for Aptio V BIOSes)

It was not easy for me to get this RaidDriver module extracted. Please give me your feedback, whether it works for you or not.
Thanks to MerlinX for finding and offering the link to the source BIOS.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)