Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@SoniX
@Fernando

I am currently trying to manually update the SataDriver to v13.2.0.2134, but I seem to fail…

• I have a MSI Z87 MPOWER board
  • Currently working on the v1.B BIOS file (i.e. v1.11 UEFI BIOS file)
  • The GUID whiach I have is 91B4D9C1…
  • When trying to replace I get an error: file size exceeds linit (or something)

I was then convinced that the SataDriver v13.2 you offer in start post must be in uncompressed format…
Likely I need the compressed equivalent of the v13.2.0.2134…

I cannot seem to find it anywhere…
UBU (latest version only has 13.1 and then 13.5)…
But whan I look at your recommended version of OROM and driver for 8/9-series chipsets it is the v13.2.0.2134…

I am going to install Win 10 64-bit soon, so I want to make sure all is well before doing so…
So are there any compressed v13.2.0.2134 SataDriver91.ffs around which I can use in MMTool and/or UBU?

SataDriver90.ffs - GUID 90C8D394-…
SataDriver91.ffs - GUID 91B4D9C1-…

IRST_v13_2_0_2134_compressed_ffs.rar (151 KB)

SataDriver90.ffs - GUID 90C8D394-…
SataDriver91.ffs - GUID 91B4D9C1-…

Perfect thanks !
Now works perfectly in UBU also, Ihave updated the UBU.bat file a bit to include the v13.2.0.2134 IRSTe ROM and EFI counterpart

Thanks again!

Sorry quick question here guys.

Is it safe to update the EFI GOP driver of a laptop BIOS using UBU (v 1.29 Beta)? I’m reading a lot of warnings about using UBU for this, but I believe it mostly applies to the OROM vBIOS.

I’ve attached the BIOS I’m trying to modify.

Also GopDriver v5.5.1033 is listed as for “Broadwell or Broadwell compatible.” How do I know if my processor (i7-4700HQ, HD 4600) falls under this category?

It does not. Haswell models are from HD4200 to 5200, Broadwell are from 5300 to 6200.

I’m confused because this post seems to suggest that the broadwell driver should also work with haswell.

Also as a followup, do the HSWBDW vBIOSes from SoniX’s repo (specifically 1039 bsf) work with my processor? (i7-4700HQ, HD 4600)

EDIT: never mind, seems like it’s a difficult update.

New GOP Driver 5.5.xxxx can work on iGPU Haswell and Broadwell. If there was some sort is not compatible with iGPU Haswell, it would have been offered a choice of 5.0.xxxx.

Just out of curiosity, what sort of iGPU would NOT be compatible with the 5.5.xxxx driver? HD4400? Haswell GT1?

Anyone who is not a Haswell or Broadwell.

@SoniX Does anyone have the Intel Sandy Bridge GOP Driver suitable for Phoenix UEFI?

Files EFI GOP, IRST, network and etc. are not linked to the platform of BIOS.
To update Insyde, Phoenix and other non-AMI BIOS, you have to use other tools, such as PhoenixTool, UEFITool. And clean EFI file that does not have a GUID and sections.

I managed to extract the Intel Sandy Bridge GOP UEFI from a Phoenix UEFI BIOS using UEFI Tool 0.20.6 but how do I clear the various GUID from the GOP OROM and insert it into my Phoenix UEFI BIOS which didn’t contain one originally?

Clean EFI GOP SNB, latest version, can be taken from Ubu 1.29.1 folder Modules\VGA\GOP\iSNB
In UEFITool, "Replace as body" in section PE32+.

My BIOS didn’t originally contain a GOP Driver, how can I make the BIOS refer to it so it can be used?

Sorry for my n00b questions.

You can manually insert an original not existent EFI module (like a GopDriver) as .ffs module into any AMI Aptio UEFI BIOS by using the related AMI Aptio MMTool.
If you need something like a guide, please look into the start post of >this< thread. There is chapter "How to insert an Intel UEFI RAID "SataDriver module". The insertion of a GopDriver module is rather similar.

Do I use Andy’s Phoenix Tool or UEFI Tool for Phoenix UEFI BIOS but use your method?

If your mainboard has a Phoenix UEFI BIOS, you cannot use the AMI Aptio UEFI MMTool. My linked guide is only usable with AMI UEFI BIOSes.
I am sorry about my last post, which was misleading for you.
Since I dont have any experience with the modification of Phoenix UEFI BIOSes, you should better ask CodeRush or someone else.

Yeah, I knew that. This was for my Lenovo X130e laptop, where I was try to mod to have a GOP Driver for my Phoenix UEFI SecureCore BIOS as it originally didn’t contain one therefore I couldn’t have Fast Boot. @CodeRush Do you have any ideas for the BIOS to recognise it and use it? I already used your UEFI Tool to add the GOP Driver and followed SoniX instructions.

Here is the current configuration:

Intel Celeron 857 @1200 MHz
Intel HD Graphics 2000 GT1
8GB Samsung DDR3-1333 SO-DIMM Dual Channel
Intel HM65 Express Chipset
Broadcom 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Card
Seagate 320GB HDD @5400RPM
Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Edition with UEFI Boot Enabled

It’s nearly impossible to add GOP driver support in BIOS without it, because required changes are too massive. FastBoot can’t be added easily either.