Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• updated: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.7 series without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (now v15.7.0.3054)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v15 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to plutomaniac for the source file.

Enjoy the new/updated Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v5.2.0.1023 (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v5.2.0.1023 (without header) for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers

Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Enjoy the new Intel RSTe EFI RAID modules!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.8.0.3109 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v15 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Good luck with the new Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• updated: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v5.2 series (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (now v5.2.0.1029)
  • updated: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v5.2 series (without header) for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers (now v5.2.0.1029)

Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.0.3155 without header (for the latest/upcoming Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v16 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest/upcoming Intel Chipsets. Matching Intel RST(e) drivers are not yet available.
Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Dieter (alias Fernando

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v5.3.0.1041 (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v5.3.0.1041 (without header) for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers

Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” & RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v5.3.0.1052

intel_rste_5.3.0.1052_efi.zip (177 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• updated: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v5.3 series (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers (now v5.3.0.1052)
  • updated: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v5.3 series (without header) for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers (now v5.3.0.1052)

Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.9.0.3194

Intel RST RAID 15.9.0.3194_efi.zip (91.5 KB)

Hi @all,
this is my first post in this Forum. First of all, great work! I didn’t expect to find a possible solution for my current Problem. I bought an ASUS Server Mainboard (P10S-E/4L) with an Intel Xeon Kaby Lake Processor with integrated HD Graphics (Xeon E3 1245v6). The Mainboard has onboard graphics (Aspeed) but that is the problem. I expected that it is possible to use the xeon integrate graphics but there is no option to activate it in the bios. lspci doesn’t give me any Intel Graphics Hardware on the system, so it should rely on the missing EFI module. Asus Support Documents and Website don’t give any hint, so I discovered this forum and read alot but now I couldn’t make any progress. I made these Steps:

1. analyze Bios/efi with ubu which gives me this:

ubu1.JPG

ubu2.JPG

2. Realized there is no EFI Gop Driver -> probably the reason for my problem!
3. Tried to insert the Gop Driver:
- first with ubu:

ubu3.JPG

option 1 has no effect.
-next with MMTool 5.0.0.7 but I could not find the CSMCORE entry.
Maybe you can help me or tell me if my plan is promising?
Best regards!
Phillip

@pipolt :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

According to the UBU tool detection routine there is no Intel GopDriver within your mainboard BIOS. The UBU (= “UEFI BIOS Updater”) tool itself can update certain BIOS module, but not insert natively not present ones.
If you want to insert the missing Intel GopDriver, I recommend to use CodeRush’s UEFITool and to follow the related part B of >this< guide. It is very easy.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Thanks for the fast response! Didn’t see that guide. Do you think it is relatively safe to insert the intel gop or is it very risky for a mainboard which doesn’t include it?
I know I’m responsible for it!

@pipolt :
The BIOS modding procedure itself is absolutely safe, but flashing a modified BIOS is generally more or less risky. The relatively safest sort of BIOS modding is the insertion of a natively not present module, which doesn’t interfere with any other module.
So to answer your question: The chances to brick your system by flashing a BIOS, which contains an added (matching) Intel GopDriver, are very, very low.

How can I extract the ffs files from the UBU tool, or can I get them elsewhere for Kaby Lake?

@pipolt :
You will have to insert an IntelGopDriver.ffs file, which has been extracted from another ASUS mainboard BIOS with a KabyLake CPU. Maybe I will do the extraction and attach it for you.

@Fernando
Okay, if its an easy Process I can try it on my own. Do I have any restrictions which bios to choose or can it be any Kaby Lake supportet chipset out there? How do I find the matching Module? Thanks for your support!

@pipolt :
The procedure is much more difficult than I thought, because the Intel GopDriver is not a complete DXE driver and cannot be easily found within the BIOS.
This is what I have done:
1. After having searched for an ASUS mainboard with an Intel Xeon KabyLake CPU and an Intel GopDriver within the BIOS, I found one - the ASUS E3-PRO-GAMING-V5 .
2. Then I downloaded its latest BIOS v2105 and let the UBU tool update the Intel GopDriver to the latest version.
3. Then I opened this BIOS v2105 with the updated GopDriver by using the UEFITool, searched for the DXE driver, which contained the GopDriver (it was the one with a GUID starting with A0327FE0). At last step I extracted “as is” just the GopDriver part of it.
4. Then I downloaded the latest BIOS v3302 for your mainboard, opened it by using the UEFITool, searched for the DXE driver with the GUID starting with A0327FE0 and inserted the extracted GopDriver component into it, but after the already existing other components.
5. Finally I let the UBU tool check the modded BIOS (it found the inserted KabyLake GopDriver without any problem) and stored it as P10SE4L.CAP according to ASUS’s USB Flashback rules.

If you want to test my modded BIOS at own risk or just compare it with your own BIOS modding result, you can download it from >here<.

Good luck!

Can be useful to the cause!

old Intel RST RAID 11.5.0.1483 EFI driver deleted cause beta

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.9.0.3194 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v15 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Dieter (alias Fernando

@Fernando
Wow, thank you man!

Just realized, the board doesn’t have the asus backflash ability. Will it work with BIOS Ez-Flash too? I can try to flash it this evening.

Best regards!