Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

Probably not. You will get an error message.
Maybe >this< guide will help you to get the modded BIOS successfully flashed.
Don’t forget: Everything will be done at your own risk! Don’t blame CodeRush (the author of the guide) or me in case of any problems.

Hi,

I am having much difficulty inserting the raw RaidDriver.efi file for every version past 15.2 that is over 230kb in size. Using Uefitool to replace the PE32 image and getting error messages like ‘Invalid UEFI structure’ and ‘Root volume can’t be grown’. I assume its because the Pe32 image lives inside a compressed section. Just a little confused on how to properly insert it in there…

Thank you

Edit: Exceeded file size limits… Nevermind…

To anyone that is having an issue including the newer 15.X raid efi roms into your bios file using UEFITool due to size limitations I have found a solution. As my last post indicated UefiTool was complaining when I was trying to replace the body of the pure efi raid file saying ‘Root volume can’t be grown’. This is what you need to do. Open your bios in UEFITool v21.5 and look for your SataDriver by its GUID. In my case that was “91B4D9C1-141C-4824-8D02-3C298E36EB3F”. Inside there your going to find a Depex section and a ‘Compressed’ section holding the PE32 efi driver and UI name. Extract ‘As is’ the Depex folder. Your going to need GenFFS and GenSec executable files next. Open a command window in that folder and type:

gensec -o name.sct -S EFI_SECTION_USER_INTERFACE -n "RaidDriver"
gensec -o pe32.sct raiddriver.efi -s EFI_SECTION_PE32
gensec name.sct pe32.sct -o comp.sct -S EFI_SECTION_COMPRESSION

genffs -d 1 -g “91B4D9C1-141C-4824-8D02-3C298E36EB3F” -o raid.ffs -i depex.sct -i comp.sct -t EFI_FV_FILETYPE_DRIVER

After all that is done selected the GUID in UEFITool and replace ‘AS is’. Thats it.

Of course you could delete some unnecessary module or if you had the raiddriver already processed but this is another way to do it. May not be the most simple way but I think it will work and keep the other rom modules untouched.

Thanks

@Fernando

Intel Skylake/Kabylake/Coffee Lake GOP 9.0.1073

Intel Skl-Kbl-Cfl GOP 9.0.1073.zip (36 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel EFI GopDriver v9.0.1073 (without header) for the Graphics Adapters of Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake CPUs

Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Enjoy the new Intel EFI GopDriver module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Pacman and @Fernando

Thx, gop 1073 test works perfect on gigabyte GA-Z270M-D3H and intel i7-7700

Hey anyone try the 16.x raid roms on a Z270 based system? Findings? Totally not compatible??

Thanks

@davidm71 :
As long as there are no v16 platform Intel RST(e) drivers available, it doesn’t make much sense to insert any v16 platform Intel RAID module into the BIOS.
The Intel RAID driver version can be higher than the BIOS RAID module version (because the drivers are downwards compatible), but it is not recommended to try it vice versa. You may run into problems, especially when the BIOS RAID module belongs to another RST platform (here: v16) than the in-use Intel RAID driver.

Thanks Fernando. That makes sense. Just wonder though should not the same logic apply to the ME release? We are on 11.8.xxxx ME firmware version and the latest driver is 11.7.0.1054. Still curious if you install the 16.x raid efi driver if the rst console will report that 11.6 firmware is installed and not fail like how the 15.x did on the X99 platform…

Thanks

@davidm71 :
You cannot compare The Intel ME Firmware/driver relationship with the Intel RAID BIOS module/driver dependencies.
The release of Intel ME FW and driver versions has never been synchronized by Intel.

My Dell T3620 has this version of RST firmware but it seems this does not support 10TB disks OR the issue may be it does not support 4Kn formatted disks. Not sure which. Any idea? Also, is there a way yo upgrade this firmware on the Dell system motherboard?

@tomshubert :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Intel RAID Volumes, which are bigger sized than 2 TB, need an Intel RAID ROM resp. EFI module v10.6.x.xxxx or higher to be detected.
It is not easy to modify a Dell BIOS. You should use the “Search” option of this Forum to get more informations.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I don’t understand where is the v15.9.0.3194 of SataOrom.bin
I only have RaidDriver.efi.

Any help on getting it?

Thank you.

@MerolaC :
This is the thread about Intel EFI RAID and iGPU modules, which are only used while running the PC in UEFI mode.
The related Intel Option ROM modules, which are used while running in LEGACY mode, can be found within the start post of >this< thread.

@Fernando

Oh, my man, thank you so much!
I actually checked that thread, I must have missed it.
Please, delete these post if you want and sorry so blind!

Intel RST EFI RaidDriver 15.9.1.3271

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.9.1.3271 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v15 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Good luck with the new Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando

Intel RST RaidDriver Version 16.0.0.3267

Intel RST RAID 16.0.0.3267.zip (95.7 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.0.3267 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v16 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Good luck with the new Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando @SoniX

Intel Skylake/Kabylake/Coffeelake GOP 9.0.1074

Intel Skl-Kbl-Cfl GOP 9.0.1074.zip (36 KB)