Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel EFI GopDriver v9.0.1074 (without header) for the Graphics Adapters of Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake CPUs

Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Enjoy the new Intel EFI GopDriver module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Should I install this into bios(z97) while I suffer less writes in win 10 than w7 regardless driver I use?
I mean, are there any possible gains? Already used UBU for mCode 17 for my broadwell, so I kn0w procedure.

it looks like EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.0.3267 without header don’t work on gigabyte z370 Will try to find out why i don;t work i can get in in the bios but it says incompatable problem with my raid disks in Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Program. version 16.0.0.3155 works np.

If anyone know how to get this version to work on gigabyte Z370 Please let me know it seems that the orom works if You delete raid and create a new one but the efi drivers will not work, I have tryed both of the files without header and with it .

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded quoted own post removed (to save space).

@MrBeer :
Thanks for your interesting info.
To find out the reason for your failure, I need some additional informations:
1. How did you insert the *.efi file into the BIOS? If you should still have the modded BIOS, please attach it as a *.ZIP or *.RAR archive.
2. Did you create a real Intel RAID0 array consisting of 2 similarly sized HDDs/SSDs or did you use the “Intel(R) Smart Response Technology”, where the second SSD is used just for caching data?

I have to use UEFITool to insert the roms.IIt seems that the 15versions works and the first 16 version works. Raid was made with orom in bios Ctrl I to access it also try doing it in the efi bios all give the same problem.Been using the same disk for a year now np when i go back to the old version of 16 versons it all works .
willl redo the bios and upload it.

So Here is the bios that i mod for Gigabyte Gaming 7 Z370
https://mega.nz/#!19ZjRLrT!gbsP_E_wb22BN…jMQhs-B9JFOk3Tg

Z370bios.rar (5.89 MB)

@MrBeer :
Thanks for the upload of the modded BIOS.
It was diffucult to find the Intel RaidDriver at all, because neither AMI’s MMTool v5.0.0.7 nor CodeRush’s UEFITool shows the related text (“RaidDriver” “SataDriver”) after having opened the original or modded BIOS. Gigabyte obviously has hidden the Intel RaidDriver module very carefully.
Nevertheless: According to this picture everything seems to be fine regarding the updated Intel EFI RaidDriver module:

UBU find RaidDriver v16.0.0.3267.png

Questions:
1. How did you update the Intel EFI RaidDriver (manually or by using the UBU tool)?
2. After having successfully flashed the modded BIOS and set the Intel SATA Controller to “RAID”, which problem occured?
3. Did you see the “Intel Rapid Storage Technology” setting option within the BIOS at all? If yes, what did it show?

To exclude a faulty source EFI RaidDriver v16.0.0.3267 file, I have attached a slightly different one. If you have the required time, please test it and report, whether the result was different.
Thanks in advance!

new-RaidDriver.rar (91.6 KB)

U have up use ufitool to replace body that is the only way to do it .ubu tool won’t work for the raid drivers and orom .it was like that from the z170 chipset. It is funny it all works I can create raid and in both BIOS and orom configuration but when windows loads I use the Intel software and drovers (rst) my raid shows it is no compatible all other ssd that is on it works also when I flash back to old 16.xxx version it all works no errors also 15.*** works to.I am at work so when I get home I will try the new version. Also I will take screenshot. Thanks for the help

This is not true regarding the EFI modules like the “RaidDriver” ones. You can put the desired *.efi file into the Modules\IRST\User folder and the UBU tool will offer and execute the update.

Which Intel RST Software and which Intel RST(e) RAID driver version did you use? The in-use Intel RST Driver and software must belong to the same development branch and should belong to the v16 platform.
Neither the Intel RAID driver nor the related RST Software like it, if the version of the in-use Intel RAID BIOS module is (much) newer than their own.
So if you want to test the Intel RaidDriver v16.0.0.3267, your first step should be to uninstall the in-use Intel RST Software from within the Control Panel, to reboot and then to install the Intel RST(e) Drivers & Software Set v16.0.1.1008. After having done that, you can flash the BIOS, which contains a v16 platform Intel RAID module.

That is how I do it I don’t install it was on the 16.009 rst software
U have to use efitool for efi driver because I get file to big to fit.I forgot u
Told me to do that is was but is was one of the main codes of the tool.I had that problem on my z170 board. So I been using the say way senses that time. Will vtest tonight and post my finding.but I will also try your way to see what happens. I still think it is a software problem not the ROM file.I think if it was the ROM nothing would work.more testing need on my end I think.

If the Option ROM or the EFI RaidDriver module is faulty, you cannot get access to the Intel RAID Utility (via CTRL+I resp. from within the BIOS).

That new Rom bios file work. np flash it and no errors again.

So what was the different between the 2 files.

Thanks

@MrBeer :
A big thankyou to you for having tested both variants of the “pure” Intel RaidDriver.efi files v16.0.0.3267.
Your results really surprised me, because there is just a tiny difference between them.
Maybe the problem has something to do with the source FFS file.
Here are the undermost code lines of the source FFS file (left pic) and of the FFS file, which has been corrected by me (right pic):

RaidDriver-source-file.png

RaidDriver-final-file.png

[quote="MrBeer, post:513, topic:23689"] So what was the different between the 2 files. [/quote] The second variant has just an additional line at the end with just zeros.
Here are the related pictures showing just the undermost lines of the RaidDriver.efi files (left: first variant, right: final variant):

RaidDriver.efi-variant1.png

RaidDriver.efi-variant2.png

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• corrected: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.0.3267 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)
Notes:
Users, who have already modified their BIOS with the previously offered uncorrected variant, should redo their work. I am sorry for this discomfort.
Thanks to MrBeer for having reported about his issue, for having done the related tests and for finding out, which one of the variants worked for him.

Good luck with the now corrected Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.1.3339

Intel RST RAID 16.0.1.3339.zip (96.6 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.1.3339 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v16 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Good luck with the new Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.9.2.3365

Intel RST RAID 15.9.2.3365.zip (92.9 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v15.9.2.3365 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v15 platform have been designed by Intel for the latest Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up. Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.2.3402 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v16 platform are usable for the Intel Chipsets from 100-Series up, but primarily designed for Intel 300-Series Chipset RAID Systems.
This specific RaidDriver DXE module has been extracted by me from the Gigabyte GA-Z370-Aorus Gaming7 BIOS F5 and then prepared for its universal usage as *.EFI file.
Thanks to MrBeer for the info about the source BIOS.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

@SoniX
@Fernando

Hello guys! I’ve downloaded new EFI/RAID OROM from Fernando’s links and i’ve integrated them into the latest BIOS for my ASRock Z170 OC Formula with the option ‘Modules\IRST\User’ as recommended by Sonix, all seems OK but after flash of modded BIOS and when i opt for a RAID from storage section, during the boot the RAID OROM (where i can press CTRL+I for RAID options) is not visualized (blank screen for few seconds) and BIOS is automatically re-entered…
What’s wrong with these modules?!

Thanks for your efforts and great work!
Cheers,
KK