Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.1.3397 without header for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v16 platform have been designed for Intel 300-Series Chipsets. Maybe it supports 100-/200-Series Chipset RAID systems as well (has to be tested).
A big thankyou goes to pokuly, who extracted the EFI file from an MSI Beta BIOS and offered it for us.

Good luck with the new Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi,
Hi. I found this,
Intel RSTe Sata Raid EFI/Intel RSTe sSATA EFI
Intel RSTe Sata Raid ORom/Intel sSATA ORom
v4.7.0.1014 (extracted from Supermicro X10DRD bios X10DRD8_208)
Already tried and tested in my Gigabyte X79S-UP5 (Intel C600). Before that i had it working perfectly with EFI/ORom v5.3.0.1052, although maybe v4 is more in line with an older chipset like the X79/C600.
Also would like to mention that the system is working with a Samsung Evo 960 256GB NVME as the system drive thanks to yours NVMEDxe_3 EFI driver.
A very big "thank you" for the effort in maintaining this forum.
Great Work!

RSTe_4.7.0.1014.zip (248 KB)

4701014.jpg

5301052.jpg

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI “RaidDriver” v4.7.0.1014 without header for DEV_2826 Intel RSTe SATA RAID Controllers

Notes:
This is the latest Intel RSTe RAID EFI module, which belongs to the v4 platform.
Thanks to MerlinX for the files.

Good luck with the new Intel RSTe v4 platform EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

No, the Intel RAID ROM and the "pure" RaidDriver modules, which I am offering within the start post, are made by Intel and are untouched.
Gigabyte has only customized the header and the naming of the EFI RAID module.

Just for completeness i want to add that in todays Asus H370 UEFIs are the exact same modules.

Intel Skl-Kbl-Cfl GopDriver v9.0.1075

Intel_Skl-Kbl-Cfl_GopDriver_v9.0.1075.zip (36.3 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel EFI GopDriver v9.0.1075 (without header) for the Graphics Adapters of Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake CPUs

Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Enjoy the new Intel EFI GopDriver module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Seems like there is something wrong with this one, UBU seems to detect this GOP driver as Unknown, also using UEFiTool and replacing the Gop Driver breaks it and a line “Unknown is added to the GUID we just replaced”. The v9.0.1074 works fine trough :slight_smile:

With the NEW GOP module everything is in order.
Version see through the HEX-editor and check the work of the module in practice.
UBU should not show you anything, first need support new GOP. there have been changes.

To be sure, that SoniX reads your report, it would be a good idea to post it into the UBU discussion thread.

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.3.0.3377 without header (for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v16 platform have been designed for Intel 300-Series Chipsets. Maybe it supports 100-/200-Series Chipset RAID systems as well (has to be tested).
Thanks to Station-Drivers for the source file.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

The 16.3 release supports 300/C240-series (CNL/CFL), 200-series (KBL/KBL-X/SKL-X) and 100/C230-series with KBL(R) only (not SKL). For RAID OROM & UEFI 16.3.0.3377, the equivalent RST driver is 16.3.0.1007.

@Fernando
@pokuly

Hello guys! As usually my 2 cents…I’ve integrated newest OROMs (V.16.3.0.3377) in latest ASRock Z170 OC Formula BIOS and everything is working fine.
These OROMs with latest IRST drivers (V.16.3.0.1007 Non WHQL) on my system got a bump in performances and this is always a great thing…

Cheers,

KK

Intel RSTe 5.4.0.1039 SATA/sSATA EFI modules

intel_rste_5.4.0.1039_efi.zip (180 KB)

@Fernando @SoniX

Intel GopDriver 9.0.1079

1079.jpg

@ SoniX

Needs update of drvver, version is offset from original location, so reported as Unknown.

intel_gop_1079.zip (36.2 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel EFI GopDriver v9.0.1079 (without header) for the Graphics Adapters of Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake CPUs

Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Enjoy the new Intel EFI GopDriver module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Just wanted to give a word of warning to other’s who like me update your raid efi rom drivers. Let me just start by saying I have an Asus Z170-WS motherboard of which I upgraded the raid driver to 15.9. For a while everything was fine and had no issues but later I wanted to try setting up a NVME Raid array using the two onboard m.2 slots. In any case I installed the second Samsung SM961 and inside the bios utility it would not let me create the array. No option to create array was present. So I flashed the last official bios release provided by Asus which had 15.5 version and that worked. Was able to create the array. Restoring the OS however was another ordeal I will detail in another thread for the benefit of others later. Thanks.

Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” module 16.5.0.3487

Intel RST RAID 16.5.0.3487.zip (98 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST EFI “RaidDriver” v16.5.0.3487 without header (for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
Thanks to Pacman for the source FFS file.

Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” module 16.0.7.3491

Intel RST RAID 16.0.7.3491.zip (98 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST(e) EFI “RaidDriver” v16.0.7.3491 without header (for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v16 platform have been primarily designed for Intel 300-Series Chipsets. Maybe it supports 100-/200-Series Chipset RAID systems as well (has to be tested).
Thanks to Pacman for the source file.

Dieter (alias Fernando)