Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v6.0.0.1006 (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
  • new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v6.0.0.1006 (without header) for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers

Thanks to Pacman for the source files.
These EFI RaidDriver modules are designed for the upcoming v6 platform Intel RSTe drivers. I do not really recommend to insert them into the BIOS unless the v6 platform Intel RSTe RAID drivers are available.

Enjoy these Intel RSTe EFI RAID modules!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello

No Intel RST EFI "RaidDriver" v17.0.0.3720 as Intel-RST RAID-ROM v17.0.0.3720 ?
Always Intel RST EFI "RaidDriver" v17.0.0.3713

Thanks

@tistou77 :
If the Intel RST EFI “RaidDriver” v17.0.0.3720 would have been already available, Pacman would have posted the related EFI module. We obviously have to wait until someone has found, extracted and posted it.

@Fernando @SoniX

Intel GopDriver v9.0.1084

Note: This works with my Z390 motherboard, but it had GOP 1082 in latest BIOS, also VBT 2.21, I am not sure if it needs this VBT version.
It has the same changed format as 1082.

Happy New Year to everyone!

IntelGopDriver1084.zip (36.8 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel EFI GopDriver v9.0.1084 (without header) for the Graphics Adapters of Skylake, Kabylake and Coffeelake CPUs

Thanks to Pacman for the source files.

Enjoy the new Intel EFI GopDriver module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I have a suspicion that version 1082 and higher is compiled for CFL i9.
Accordingly, it is possible that the corresponding settings have been made in VBT.

Intel RSTe RAID 6.0.0.1024 (OROM + EFI)

6.0.0.1024.rar (192 KB)

Any reason these EFI modules are not listed in the first post?

Any reason these EFI modules are not listed in the first post?

Yes, the simple reason is, that I was far away from home at that time in May 2018. So I obviously missed Pacman’s post regarding the RSTe RaidDriver v5.4.0.1039 modules.

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:
  • added: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v5.4.0.1039 (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
  • added: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v5.4.0.1039 (without header) for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers
    Thanks to Pacman for the source files
  • added: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v6.0.0.1024 (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers
  • added: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” v6.0.0.1024 (without header) for DEV_2827 Intel sSATA RAID Controllers
    Thanks to plutomaniac for the source files.

Enjoy these Intel RSTe EFI RAID modules!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Intel EFI GopDriver v9.0.1084 did not work for G4560+B150 and 8700+B150 like v9.0.1082 did.
Revert to v9.0.1080.

Edit: Intel EFI GopDriver v9.0.1080 and vBIOS v1059 works for QQM6(Xeon 9th ES 8cores) and QQBZ(i9 ES 8cores).

@Fernando

Intel RST EFI RaidDriver 17.0.0.3720

Original ffs file not to be used with UBU before removing the header.

Intel RST RAID 17.0.0.3720.zip (101 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST EFI “RaidDriver” v17.0.0.3720 without header (for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v17 platform have been designed for Intel 300-Series Chipsets and should only be used in combination with an Intel RST v17 platform RAID driver. It has to be tested, whether this module supports 100-/200-Series Chipset RAID systems.
Thanks to Pacman for the source FFS file.

Good luck with the updated Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Update: Found > this < thread explaining the issue is an Asus BIOS bug on P8Z68V series motherboards.
I’ve emailed Asus regarding the issue. I’ll update this post if I have any luck with them.

Hey, thanks for the guide.
I’m not using RAID, but I’ve inserted the GOP drivers for SNB and IVB into my BIOS which did not contain any previous GOP drivers. When I try to boot with CSM disabled and using my dedicated GPU, it fails to post. (UEFI boot does work with the iGPU and if I turn CSM on I can use my dedicated GPU).
Is there anyway to know if the GOP drivers were installed successfully? They show up in the BIOS in MMTOOL and UEFI BIOS updater.
Below are some of my PC specs and things I’ve tried:

Windows 10 pro 64bit installed with UEFI (CSM was disabled on install and disk shows it’s GPT)
Mobo - Asus P8Z68-V-PRO/1st Gen with:
BIOS 3603
Upgraded VBIOS 2124 → 2132 (GPU-Z confirms this)
GOP drivers - EFI GOP Driver IvyBridge - 3.0.1030 and EFI GOP Driver SandyBridge - 2.0.1024 (Inserted compressed into BIOS using MMTOOL 4.50.0.23)
Inserted three NVMe modules from a ASUS Z97 PRO into BIOS (would like to use a NVMe PCIe drive soon)

GPU - Sapphire RX 580 8GB with:
VBIOS Version: 015.050.002.001.000000
Updated GOP drivers: 1.65 (2017 GOP) → 1.66 (2018 GOP)

If anyone knows anything else I can try, or anything I’ve missed, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Current BIOS installed: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FX52d3…SgXZsmpZE8CD3yr

screen shots of update process:

screenshots.jpg

Intel RST EFI RaidDriver 17.0.1.0

@SoniX drvver needs an update, maybe stop the version when RAID… starts.

Intel RST RAID 17.0.1.0.rar (99 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RST EFI “RaidDriver” v17.0.1.0 without header (for DEV_2822 Intel SATA RAID Controllers)

Notes:
The Intel RST RAID ROM/EFI RaidDriver BIOS modules from the v17 platform have been designed for Intel 300-Series Chipsets and should only be used in combination with an Intel RST v17 platform RAID driver. It has to be tested, whether this module supports 100-/200-Series Chipset RAID systems.
Thanks to plutomaniac for the source FFS file.

Good luck with the updated Intel EFI RAID module!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Can I use the EFI RAID driver and GOP driver for Aptio 5 Notebook BIOS for dell. I read GOP for mobile and desktops are different.

@Vasudev :
According to my knowledge the EFI RaidDriver and GOPDriver BIOS modules are usable with desktop and mobile systems.

@Fernando , the RST v17 drivers are compatible with X299 ?

@tistou77 :
According to the HardwareIDs the v17 platform Intel RST RAID BIOS modules should be compatible with X299 chipset systems, but this doesn’t automaticly mean, that they will be flashable and perfectly work with your specific mainboard BIOS.
If I were you, I would stick with the Intel RAID BIOS module(s) of the same RST platform, which is within the latest original BIOS.

@Fernando
Ok thanks
the v17 drivers work better on X299 (but I do not use them, only NVMe disk and my SATA burner does not work anymore if I install them)

I noticed that the last EFI module is indicated RST 17.0.1.0 in UBU, is it normal ?