Intel RST EFI RAID/VMD BIOS Modules

@chinobino ,

I usually prefer modules ripped directly from same manufacturer from one or two generations ahead. Waa wondering though what cpu are using. I have an 6700k and just noticed new recent microcodes ver CA vs C6. Anyhow just benched my raid arrays and they pretty much almost max the available bandwidths for read speeds though write speeds are subpar. Noticed a slight improvement in my Tomb Raider benchmarks though.

I was using 6700k & 6320 in two systems up until about 3 weeks ago (now using 9900k and 6700k).

Skylake microcodes after BA has Spectre & Meltdown fixes IIRC, with C6 being the latest.

I noticed lower write speeds at higher queue depths after updating to C2 & C6.

Straight sequential reads and writes were also lower, although not by much.

Tomb Raider is pretty hard on the CPU, I am not sure how much difference the CA CPU microcode would make but it could be noticeable - I would think the graphics driver would have a larger effect.

I think this is getting a bit off-topic - feel free to PM me.

Hi all,
I have a motherboard gigabyte Z170 (100/230 series) with processor i5 7600K. My RST driver is 17.2.6.1027.
I want to update via UBU my "RST OROM" and "intel EFI".
What are the best recommendations for my configuration please?

Intel-RST RAID-ROM v17.3.0.3758 ?
Intel RST(e) EFI "RaidDriver" v15.9.2.3386 ?

Best regards.

@plutomaniac can you help me please? Thx.

@Div :
Your question has already been answered by me within the start post of >this< thread.
According to my own tests with my Z170 system (the results can be seen >here<), it doesn’t make any sense for users of an Intel 100-Series chipset system to install any Intel RST driver, which belongs to the v16 or v17 platform. The same statement is valid regarding the Intel RST BIOS modules.
If you want to use the latest Intel storage drivers and BIOS RAID modules, you should buy a Z370 or Z390 chipset mainboard.

thank you Fernando ! :slight_smile:

So what about GOP 9.0.1085? is it working on h175 or only for 300 series?

@hoffer :
You can find the answer within the start post of this thread.
AFAIK Intel 100-Series chipset mainboards don’t have a CoffeeLake CPU.

@chinobino

If you said that CPU microcodes for Spectre/Meltdown caused noticeable I/O performance loss on SKL/KBL/CFL since Feb 2018
so best perfomance for 7700hq is with 0x84 (20180121) last before Feb 2018 (next 8E dated 20180324, march)?
Is it best or last 0xB4 dated 20190401 better for perfomance with 7700hq?

@hoffer @chinobino
Discussions about the best CPU Microcode modules have nothing to do with the topic of this thread.

@Fernando I got an error saying No secureROM detected… I think we cannot flash updated modules w/o tripping secure ROM status. I’m using Aptio 5.

@Vasudev :
What has your post to do with the topic of this thread? The much better matching thread would have been >this< one.

This is the typical message, when a user tries to flash a modded BIOS by using the standard BIOS Flashing tool.
Furthermore some additional information would be useful:
1. About the BIOS of which mainboard/system from which manufacturer are you talking?
2. Which specific BIOS module did you try to update and which one did you want to get inserted?
3. Who gave you the above quoted message while doing what?

@Fernando :
I usually quote messages, it seems you were confused as well. Sorry.
I was asking last time if RAID OROM and AHCI/NVMe modules are same for Intel desktops and laptops, you said they’re same including the GOP. So, I updated the ROMs using UBU tool and I think SecureROM flag was tripped and I had a doubt if it was mismatch of OROM of desktop with laptop to which you gave a clear detailed answer previously!
Sorry to take up your time when you’re retiring the forums. I really thought you were younger guy in mid 40s who is really into Modding PCs.

EDIT by Fernando: Unneeded fully quoted post replaced by directly addressing (to save space)

EFI GOP Driver Intel

EFI_GOP_Driver_Intel_5.5.1034.rar (27.4 KB)

EFI_GOP_Driver_Intel_7.1.1007.rar (30.2 KB)

EFI_GOP_Driver_Intel_8.0.1038.rar (35.6 KB)

EFI_GOP_Driver_Intel_10.0.1035.rar (39.3 KB)

EFI_GOP_Driver_Intel_13.0.1016.rar (44.2 KB)

What CPUs does support GOP 10 and 13 versions?

Form UBU DrvVer <EFI file>, will see.
But these GOP drivers are coming for mobile devices, and VBT updates may be required.

Also, the ValleyView 7th series (7.0, 7.1, 7.2) is not always compatible with each other.

Added:
2.0.xxxx - SandyBridge
3.0.xxxx - IvyBrigde
5.0.xxxx - Haswell
5.5.xxxx - Haswell/BroadWell
6.0.xxxx - CloverView
7.x.xxxx - ValleyView
8.0.xxxx - CherryView
9.0.xxxx - SkyLake/KabyLake/CoffeeLake
10.0.xxxx - AppoloLake (Broxton)
11.0.xxxx - CannonLake
13.0.xxxx - GeminiLake
14.0.xxxx - IceLake

I’d like to update the Sandy/Ivy Bridge GOP drivers for my notebook. The notebook originally has the A5 version of the VBT for the VBIOS (2132) and the GOP drivers (2.0.1018/3.0.1015). The latest (2171) VBIOS has a newer (AE) VBT. Do I need to update the VBT for the latest (2.0.1024/3.0.1030) GOP drivers or are they still using the older version?

Didn’t see it anywhere else? EFI IRSTe RAID for SATA - 5.5.0.1028 (2826)

Extracted from ASUS WS X299 Sage bios (9.05)- old but it’s not on the first page? Some other modules which might be needed for NVMe RAID in addition (no understanding at the moment).

RSTe_RAID_5.5.0.1028.efi.zip (255 KB)

@all:
Update of the start post
Changelog:

• new: “pure” Intel RSTe EFI SATA “RaidDriver” v5.5.0.1028 (without header) for DEV_2826 Intel SATA RAID Controllers

Thanks to lfb6 for the source files.
The related EFI sSATA “RaidDriver” is not yet available.

Enjoy it!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

I have gotten confused, there is in this thread the RSTe 13.1.0.2126 "satadriver90.ffs" , and in the other thread there is RSTe 13.1.0.2126 "8086-2822_v13102126.bin" , then i have from old ubu IRST 13.1.0.2126 "RaidDriver.efi" .
Now, are those modules for the same thing and just another capsule or header ? Doing a hexcompare on them, files seems to be very different in content.
And which one would be the best option (for ease of replacing and subsequent flashing without errors)?

edit: nevermind, i figured it out.