MC Extractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool Discussion

@Michael_Code Thanks so much

1 Like

12 posts were split to a new topic: Upgrade from i3-6006U

A post was merged into an existing topic: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale CPU Microcode Repositories Discussion

A post was merged into an existing topic: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale CPU Microcode Repositories Discussion

MCExtractor-1.90.2-r271 executable
MCExtractor-1.90.2-r271.zip (8.4 MB)
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/ece85e1562cf4ecb02594cb205c8d2895290f93b0900a90b43cd30d8d92ed218

1 Like

Good luck for all helpers.

Can anyone knows where can I download MCE.exe v1.90.2 for DB r271? Why the latest ones not inside the new build?

@karakarga
MC Extractor: Intel, AMD, VIA & Freescale Microcode Extraction Tool Discussion - Special Topics / CPU Microcodes - Win-Raid Forum (level1techs.com)

What latest ones??? this week posted mcodes?

If so, thats simple, the developer and maintainer doesnt live from his kindness or forum good will of users, everyone here…mostly, has his one private and personal life outside a free forum like ours and work for living.
The developer usually have spare time on the weekends for realising updated builds.

I mean latest r270, r271 versions mce.exe was not present at Releases · platomav/MCExtractor · GitHub only small sized zip file.

The developer no longer releases EXE builds, you can build your one at any time and even make your own db for it.

If you scroll to last post on the linked thread, you’ll see a user has an EXE build offer…

r272 released, will there no new MCE.exe from Platomav links?

The r271 of MCE.exe link erased before I note it’s link. Can anyone give me a link for r272 of MCE.exe again? I don’t want to try to build exe file myself everytime.

MeatWar are you sure “The developer no longer releases EXE builds, you can build your one at any time and even make your own db for it.” All the users of UBU are not have full knowledge, if I were a beginner, how can I use the programme, this is silly!

@karakarga

MC_Extractor_1.90.2_r273_Dev.rar (8.4 MB)

2 Likes

Thank you @westlake r273 Dev?

At which link is the Dev branch here?

@karakarga

There is no such thing. Dev means that it is unofficial, someone (in this case me) has individually added new items to the database.

So to you the poor fellow “developer” owe us and is lacking support on his free and good will shared tool? Thats a really nice pov and a total ungrateful attitude.
Luckly to you and others with same pov, theres users like westlake that have taken a few minutes to learn and do the job, of free good will.
Enjoy others work.

@MeatWar

I have no time to prepare exe file every two to three weeks. I am 53 years old, computer programming graduate 1995 then year 2000 Radio, TV and Film studies. UBU is a easiness tool, you don’t have to be a programmer nor professional. I have many works from C and C++ language, they all become obsolete. This work seems reaching to end, not all beginners can understand it.

UBU become complex after needing python, it was running very well before python, actually working better. I can use MMTool as well as Hex editor for my needs. UBU works on ethernet and CPU microcode, the other ones such as Disk Controller, Other SATA Controller currently not working. For C422 chipset, UBU leaves some old microcodes inside the new ones, after updating for Asus Pro WS C422-ACE mainboard, it still contains many bugs. I have deleted 2 of them myself yesterday with MMTool.

UBU is nevertheless dying, I can not be be a 7/24 working nurse near the traumatized patient!

Well…think age is not such factor here, 52yrs myself, UBU contains MCE but the developer is another user, witch seems much more older than us and suffering covid related as well poor eyes sigth, according lasted hereabouts.
Good luck, all the best.

@karakarga @MeatWar @westlake
Since it doesn’t have much to do with the topic “UBU Tool Discussion”, I have moved the recent posts into this better matching thread.

MC Extractor v1.92.1-r275 released, again there is no, mce.exe of v1.92.1.

Can anyone add a link of newly compiled version of v1.92.1 of mce.exe please?

1 Like

Here you go with the v1.92.1-r275 enjoy :blush:
v1.92.1-r275

1 Like