ME N/A at Z97 ASUS Maximus Hero VII

Nah, makes no sense. He must have done something wrong. Maybe -greset or something. He’ll need to unlock the FD by following the guide or via a programmer. Judging from the severe difficultly in opening a command prompt window, that might prove to be a nightmare.

Ran the same commands and it ran , i have a feeling there is a multiple issues with this board as by just opening a browser it shut down again.
Files in post above 37

Thank you for your FPT dumps, you cannot write to ME or FD. FPT can’t write to ME due to it’s locked at the FD, FW Update tool could write to the ME, but it’s corrupted, so that is not an option either.

You can try this modified BIOS, but other than that you will have to purchase a CH341A flash programmer. They are cheap $3 from China, or more if you want to purchase locally and can’t wait out the long shipping.
Flash this with USB Flashback, if it does not fix the ME issue you will need above programmer. I’ve seen this work to fix ME, and seen it not work, depends on if your exact board flashes ME when using flashback.
Do not rename the file, smaller cheaper USB the better, LED should flash for 1-2 minutes then stop. If it’s solid LED then it’s not working, try another USB stick. If you don’t have USB w/ LED it’s tough to know, so hopefully you have LED USB that is flashback compatible

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hbwif9

Ok what is different in that bios file ?
Just extract it and load via bios ez flash or windows ez flash utility? Rename it ?
If it comes to having to program it is it a Matter if putting the programmer in the usb running the tool and it’s done or do I have to manually input serial numbers etc ?

I enabled ME-Reflash. Try it already or you will have to order a flash programmer. I mentioned how to flash it, no renaming (See, I said do not rename the file?)
You can try to flash via EZ Flash from within the BIOS, btu I think that will not work, that is why I said what I did in post #43

If you have to reprogram with a programmer, yes you will need to transfer your board details to the BIOS before programmer, we can do that for you from your initial verfified backup you get with the programmer BEFORE you write anything to the chip.

Bios is invalid via ez flash in bios .
Tried a different bios file from asus and it loads

EZ Flash will never work with a modded bios. You have to use the USB Bios Flashback procedure.

But if you have the flash descriptors locked, it will not reflash the ME region.

You will need to unlock them and use FPTW64 or in the worst case an eeprom programmer.

Okay sylar
I got it to load vis flashback, still no good looks like I will have to unlock it, I have looked in the manual and can’t see any reference to the jumper in the guide .
Will I have to do it through the audio chip ?

Yes, you could try the “pinmod” method, otherwise you have to buy an eeprom programmer and if you’re lucky the eeprom chip of your motherboard should not be soldered.

This BIOS is not soldered to the board, and fits perfectly into a $3 CH341A flash programmer.

You can try this method, then use the same FPT commands with -me in the command line from previous pages (Instead of their command which flash BIOS region only, you want ME flash, so use command we gave previously)
https://www.techinferno.com/index.php?/f…t-secure-flash/

fptw -rewrite -me -f biosfilename.bin

For this, you will need to remove the BIOS from the capsule via UEFItool first, right click capsule and extract body.

Do you know which pins on this board and it’s location?
Sorry @lost in bios didn’t refresh to see your post. Where on the board is the chip located ?

Would this programmer work ?
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=…%2F182357698979

@Sav

Yes, CH341A is the best choice for you.

@sylar76
Do you know where the chip is located on my board?

Look at the green circle. You have to use a flat blade screwdriver and be very careful to extract eeprom chip from both sides.

Patience will be the best thing you need.

Furthermore, please use one of the afuwingui.exe provided in the attached files (both 32 and 64 bit) open it, click “SAVE” and send me a dump of your bios.

It will contain UUID, and other useful info you need in order to flash bios with the eeprom programmer.

AfuWin32.zip (1.37 MB)

AfuWin64.zip (1.44 MB)

Yes, rock back and forth very slowly, or get a green plastic coated or plastic chip puller. If you nudge from each side real slow, it will come out, but be very careful as you get close to it coming out, the legs bend very easily.

When you put chip in programmer, or back into board, notice the notch or half circle on the chip and matching notch in the board chip slot, those have to always match up. On the programmer there will not be a notch, but you will see white outline of chip beside the slot, with the notch shown in the diagram

ignore

wow the board keeps posting in this thread even though I want to post in another

The chips off eBay do they come already programmed, so I can just swap them over?

@Sav

I can’t understand why you can’t simply dump your bios with the tools I attached before. If you want to ignore me, do it. I’ll do the same as I’m very tired of this “comedy”.