ME N/A at Z97 ASUS Maximus Hero VII

The reason I asked is to get the board up and running quicker @sylar76
I thank you for your help on this

In order to get your board up and running quicker you need to dump your current bios as it contains specific
info of your motherboard, like MAC Address, UUID and MB S/N which are needed to make it properly working.

I want to help you, but it seems you’re only wasting your time.

Hi Sylar this is the bios dump it did come up with error 18 when i saved it , hopefully everything is there @Sylar76

afuwin.zip (5.55 MB)

@Sav

Here is your reconstructed bios from Asus including info taken from your dump. This is the bios you need to flash with the eeprom programmer.

M7HBACKUP.ZIP (5.55 MB)

No, because the ebay seller can’t know which are the info embedded in your bios motherboard.

So remove bios chip install into the programmer and use the same programme that i used to dump the bios file to programme it ?
Thank you for all the help

@Sav

If you have bought the CH341A programmer, you have to install drivers first, then insert the eeprom chip in the right way, open ASProgrammer 1.4.0 (which can be found on the net but if you need I can upload on my google drive),
erase the eeprom chip of your motherboard and flash the M7HBackup.bin I’ve attached few posts above.

Then, reinsert eeprom chip in the eeprom housing, do a clear cmos (button on rear of your case) and power on your PC and you should be able to see the ME version properly reported inside bios info.

Ok programmer ordered I’ll see if I can find the program. If it doesn’t show the me version after flashing it, what would be the next step ?

If bios is flashed properly, ME version will be shown with no errors at all. I’ve used the same version (beta) of the dumped bios you linked me.

ok no worries thank you for your help.
When you looked at the bios dump northing else looked corrupted or missing ?
When you have time could you please link the ASProgrammer 1.4.0 ?
I will keep you posted when the programmer arrives.
Thanks again for the help

@Sav

Go here

@Sylar76 programmer turned up and about to remove chip .
Just double checking nothing else is needed off the original bios?

@Sav

Take the M7HBACKUP linked above, detect chip on CH341A with ASProgrammer 1.4.0, read its content (only for a second backup),
then erase eeprom and write the bios from my link. That’s all.

erased and reprogrammed with your bios still the same @Sylar76

ch341a_eeprom.zip (2.13 MB)

I did the same as this video.
https://youtu.be/5NYe21nFSDI

@Sav

Did you do a Clear Cmos after inserting again bios chip ?

Anyway, let’s try with a “non beta” bios.

MAXIMUS-VII-HERO-ASUS-3201.zip (5.55 MB)

yes i did clear cmos , will try that one now .
What did you change in the me ?

I haven’t changed anything in ME and it’s very strange even with CH341A programmer you didn’t fix your issue.

Anyway, try the 3201 file I linked 2 posts above. Erase and write eeprom (first erase, then do a blank check and at last write the new bios file).

Tried that to still ME in bios is N/A and can’t install IME drivers @Sylar76

It’s simply impossible to have ME set as N/A, when ME firmware is coming from an original ASUS BIOS !!!

Are you sure CH341A properly write bios file ?

Does it show that bios as 3201 in the Main Information ?

I think there is something wrong when you write firmware with the eeprom programmer.

Edit. I’m going to connect my CH341A and see how it writes firmware with ASProgrammer 1.4.0