Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@KiLLz420 :
Just for clarification: I have never modified any Intel RST Software and never touched any real Intel RST driver (= *.SYS file). Since both are the original ones, it is impossible, that any of my mod+signed drivers behaves different than the original one. All I have done is adding the missing HardwareIDs into the related text files with the extension *.INF or *.OEM.
So there must be another reason for your issue while running any of my mod+signed drivers.

@Fernando , i digged deeper in this and i cant belive if this is possible, i downloaded hwinfo and checked all, it says that sata controler is sata 2??? How is that possible , what do you think

Is it possible limitation by bios ?
Can bios be modded or someone know that on this forum ?

Screenshot_20191122-053114_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191122-053112_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191122-053136_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20191122-053135_Gallery.jpg

@Malaga94 :
AFAIK there is no way to boost the data transfer rate of the SATA ports from SATA2 (3GB/s) to SATA3 (6GB/s) by simply modifying the mainboard BIOS.
If the performance problems of your notebook cannot be solved by any of my mod+signed Intel AHCI drivers, you should contact the Intel or the Davon Support.
I am sorry, but I cannot help you.

Is this the DeviceID of the Intel SATA AHCI Controller?
EDIT at 10/14/2018: The desired mod+signed driver couldn’t yet been built and published by me, because the user @FM didn’t answer my question.

I know a lot of time has past. but yes, that is the device ID for the Gemini Lake Chipset

You can install one after the other 2 or 3 different driver versions (examples: v11.2.0.1006, 11.7.4.1001 and 12.8.0.1016) and compare them regarding stability and
performance. If you do not realize performance differences, you can run a benchmark tool like HDTune or CrystalDiskMark.

@colthreepv :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!
Today I began to re-modify and re-sign all mod+signed Intel RST/RST(e) drivers, which I am offering within the start post. They will additionally support the DEV_31E3 GeminiLake Intel SATA AHCI Controller and all Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controllers of the latest Intel Chipsets (300-, 400, 495- and C600±Series).
Tomorrow the download links to all these drivers will be available.
Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@FM1 :
Just for your information.

@all:
Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• re-modded and freshly digitally signed:
    • all offered mod+signed 32/64bit Intel MSM/RST/RST(e) drivers
  • added to all mod+signed drivers:
    • support of the currently latest Intel SATA AHCI and RAID Controllers
    • support of the GeminiLake specific Intel SATA AHCI Controller DEV_31E3
  • removed:
    • mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) drivers v15.5.2.1054

Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando
Thank you, I completely forgot to answer to that old post regarding Gemini Lake!
Now I see the new modded drivers v15.9, thank you - but you did remove 16.x and 17.x or am I just blind?

@Ailurus :
You don’t need any of the mod+signed drivers and can use the latest of the original Intel RST drivers from the v17 platform.

@FM1 :

Within the start post of this thread I have never offered mod+signed Intel RST drivers, which belong to the v16 or v17 platform. According to my own experience they are not a good choice for users with a chipset, which is natively not supported.

@Fernando
I am confused now , see your post #1095
Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed) (73)

I am actively using 16.8.0 modded inf from you and downloaded here :slight_smile:

@FM1 :
You are absolutely right and I was wrong regarding the statement, that I have never offered within the start post of this thread mod+signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers, which belong to the RST v16 or v17 platform - my bad! My old brain didn’t remember your linked post #1095.
Since I haven’t removed the related links on 17th of January, when I have updated the start post for the last time, I must have done it in August 2019, when I updated the start post before.

@all:
If there should be a strong demand for mod+signed v16 and v17 platform Intel RST drivers, I may be willing to offer universally usable variants of the currently latest versions.

I would certainly love to have those, but dont do it if noone else wants…

@petterkkk :
Since your Intel Z390 chipset mainboard is natively supported by the latest Intel RST AHCI/RAID drivers, it wouldn’t make any sense to use a mod+signed variant of them.

ah, okey. I upgraded my sub-latest bios (modded tho) to the latest just recently - working fine, but no "legacy" interface (CTRL+I) with or without CSM enabled. Guess its gone…

Why do you want the "Legacy" access to the Intel RAID Utility?
The UEFI mode is better.

• Hi, created an account to post (long time lurker) I got a new motherboard for an old system.
• I am trying to update the Intel INF/Chipsets/LAN/Drivers, etc,… (On my old board I used v13.1.0.1058 (2014))
• I now have an ASUS P8P67 rev1.02 (B3)
• In Device Manager it looks like this: https://i.imgur.com/ID4prk3.png (Intel 6 Series/C200) but it says this next to the USB, not SATA?
• From reading, it is my understanding this is the best selection for my board? Modded or WHQL (64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v11.2.0.1006)

Thank you! <3 Love your work!

@shadowxsm :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

To see the "normal" Device Manager structure, you should hit the "View" tab and check the upmost option.

With your Intel 6-Series chipset system you can take the WHQL driver.
Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi @Fernando. As I am running Windows 10 version 2004, and the driver 13.2.8.1002 is not working properly (hotplug doesn’t work in AHCI mode), I would like to find another, that will work and get me the best results I can achieve. I own ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark 2, and, as far as I can see, Your tests in this post: Performance of the Intel RST/RSTe AHCI/RAID Drivers showed that the latter “best” drivers are: v16.7.9.1027 mod+signed. The problem is, I can’t see this mod to be available to download. Is there something I should know? I’ve tested 14.8 branch and hotplug works flawlessly, sadly, they are not as fast as 13.2.

v16.7.9.1027 mod+signed where is ???

@izajasz @antonov_063
My performance tests with an Intel 9-Series chipset system were done in November 2018. At that time the Intel RST drivers v16.7.9.1027 were the currently latest. Since there are meanwhile newer RST drivers available, which belong to the v16 platform, I don’t have the mod+signed v16.7.9.1027 drivers anymore.
Nevertheless you can test the performance of the requested Intel RST AHCI driver v16.7.9.1027 by doing the following:
1. Set a “Restore Point” (just for an emergency case).
2. Download the attached 64bit Intel RST drivers v16.7.9.1027 WHQL and unzip them into a separate folder.
3. Run the Device Manager and expand the “IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers” section.
4. Update the driver of the listed Intel AHCI Controller. You have to force the installation by using the “Have Disk” option.
5. Mark the iaAHCIC.inf file and choose any of the listed Intel SATA AHCI Controllers (e.g. “Intel(R) 100 Series/C230 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller”).
6. Disregard the compatibility warning you may get.
7. After the next reboot your on-board Intel SATA AHCI Controller will use the desired driver.

Please give us a feedback after having tested the requested driver.
Good luck!

64bit Intel RST drivers v16.7.9.1027 WHQL.rar (2.59 MB)