Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

Universal 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.0.1042 mod+signed by Fernando will work with xp sp3

MY CURRENT PC SPECS::
Intel core i7 @2600k
Gigabyte H61M-WW
Amd Radeon HD5450
Gskill 8Gb x 2 DDR3
Intel SSD 120gb
2 x 2tb Hdd + 1 x 1tb HDD (promise raid card)

I have both windows xp pro sp3 32bit (PAE LIMIT HACKED/PATCHED TO SUPPORT 64GB RAM) and Windows 8.1 Enterprise N 64bit installed
Fernando Sir,Can you please suggest me some tweaks please to improve my performance.

we are OT, but you should get a better motherboard (Z77 or similar) to make use of SATA 3 (6.0 GB) and DDR3 1600.
throw away the current GPU as is pretty poor and of little benefit over the onboard one.

Is this a question or a report about a successful installation of this driver while running Windows XP?
By the wy: It is impossible to use any Intel RST(e) driver from v11.5.x.x.xxxx up from scratch with Windows XP, because the required TXTSETUP.OEM is missing.

Please look >here< (for Intel AHCI systems) or >here< (for Intel RAID systems).

Hello Dieter, and everyone else here,

I was kindly looking for some assistance, I am having some issues with install windows 10 with the correct drivers working properly on my EVGA X58 FTW3.

This system has the OROM v11.2.0.1527 and was running RST v 11.2.0.1006 happily in windows 7. I have 2 Samsung 840 Pro SSD’s in a raid 0 running along with 2 Seagate 500 GB HDD in a Raid 1 of the intel controller. I have integrated the modded version of the RST driver into the windows 10 install USB stick using NTLite as directed in this forum, I noticed that after I apply the changes, the Home version disappears from the NTLite menu, I’m not sure if this is the correct behaviour or not.

Following this, I install windows 10 off the USB drive and it works splendidly, however I have issues inside windows 10. First, when you look up the storage controller on device manager, its shows the driver as being unsigned. Secondly, if I attempt to run AS SSD, I get an error that it cannot detect any hard drives and will run in manual mode. I have been able to install the RST software that was linked with the 11.2.0.1006 driver and it runs as well, however, the signed driver issue remains. I have tried running the certificate batch file included and it doesn’t make any difference. I know a lot of you guys are using the classical RST drivers in Windows 10 without any issues… Any thoughts? I can only assume I must be doing something incorrectly? Any help here would be greatly appreciated…

Not that its hear, nor there but I’m having fits with the Antec GRID 2.1 software as well that is supposed to manage my CPU cooler, it gives me an immediate Undangled exception erro saying not supported, which I haven’t been able to pin down either…

almost a dozen pc’s upgraded to windows 10, this is my first wall that I have hit. Once again, all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You should have removed the in-box Intel RAID driver and integrated the WHQL certified driver variant according >this< guide.
Reasons:
1. Your on-board Intel ICH10R SATA RAID Controller is fully supported by the original Intel RST RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.
2. The Win10 Setup doesn’t accept any modded driver and you cannot import the Certificate regarding its Digital Signature before the OS is completely up and running.

Thank you so much for the response, I greatly appreciate it…

I followed that guide to the T and did remove the original Microsoft driver from the installation files. However, I didn’t realise that it was not possible to slipstream the modded driver. If I understand this correctly, what I need to do is:

1. Slipstream the WHQL certified 11.2.0.1006 driver into my windows 10 installation, while removing the Microsoft driver from the installation package.
2. Update the driver to the modded one from within windows by first running the certificate batch file and then doing the update inside device manager or by running the setup file included in the modded driover package?

I assume I need the modded file for functional TRIM with my SSD Raid 0? or am I missing the point completely on the modded version of the driver?

Thanks again for everything

@ dj_groovin:
Since you are running the Intel SATA Controller in RAID mode, you don’t need to install any of my mod+signed drivers. The Intel RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL will support your ICH10R RAID system.
If your onboard Intel SATA RAID Controller is already using the modded Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, it is very easy: “Update” the currently running Intel RAID driver to the WHQL certified one.

Now to the TRIM in RAID0 feature: All Intel RST drivers from v11.x.x.xxxx up do support it. So you will have TRIM in RAID0 already working with the currently running Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006, provided, that you had inserted the TRIM in RAID0 modded Intel RAID ROM v11.2.0.1527 into your mainboard BIOS.

OK, that makes sense and brings back memories from when I last played with this system’s RST drivers, installing windows 7 SP1. I have done the update as well as created the corrected iso for future use. The modded bios was installed and was working fine with windows 7 so I can only assume it will continue to do so now.

One last question just for my understanding, if you don’t mind… in which cases are the modded drivers to be used? I clearly misunderstood their purpose as I figured it was to match the modded bios, which was a ridiculous assumption now that I think about it.

Thank you again for all your help!

You have to use them, when you want to get an Intel RST driver installed, which natively doesn’t support your on-board Intel SATA Controller.
Users with an old Intel Chipset need a modded driver, if they want to install one of the latest Intel AHCI drivers, because their outdated Intel SATA AHCI Controller is natively not supported by them.
Vice versa the owners of a modern Intel Chipset need a modded old driver, if they want to install an old OS like Windows XP.
You are lucky, because your mainboard has an Intel chipset, which is natively supported by the old, but still the best RAID driver v11.2.0.1006 WHQL.

Hey Fernando,

So happy I found these forums! I just did a clean install of Windows 10 on my Asus P6X58D-E (ICH10R) and I am trying to replace the built in AHCI driver with Intel’s 11.7.4 but am having trouble with it.

Correct me if im wrong, but in the device manager, I select Standard SATA AHCI Controller and update its driver with the iaStorA.sys file? When I did that with the non modded WHQL driver, Windows failed to boot up after a restart. After I was able to restore the system, I tried your modded driver but the error in the screen shot came up. Whats the most efficient way of replacing the AHCI driver?

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: I installed the un modded WHQL drivers again after I restored the system and everything is working smoothly now.

@ enphenate:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

It is fine, that you were able to solve your problem yourself.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello,
I just registered to say thank you for you work!
I have a question too, which driver you suggest to use , i have an old laptop with intel gma945 chipset and ich7 controller , Every driver i tried (modded or not) from 10.1 to 12.9 is working ok ( there are notable differences in AS SSD bench test) but it happens from time to time that OS get stuck for 5 seconds and HDD light get stuck like its 100 % used . I am using patriot blast SSD 120gb. So what you suggest ?
Thanks.
Marry Christmas to you

@ Tzar:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum!

Since your laptop obviously has an Intel ICH7M Southbridge, I recommend to install the Intel RST driver v11.2.0.006 WHQL.
If you should get troubles with this driver, I suspect a hardware issue.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hi Fernando!

After years of using your modified drivers I wanted to say thank you for your work!

Recently I switched to Windows 10 and like it was before with Windows 8(.1) with the included Microsoft AHCI driver my internal drives show up on "safely remove hardware" together with the external ones. Therefore I always use the Intel AHCI driver, which fixes that issue. Now I tested the modified drivers you offer and wanted to share my results.

First of all my system:

ASUS P5B Deluxe (Intel P965 with ICH8R)
BIOS: 1238 Beta
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
1x Samsung 830 SSD
1x WD Caviar Black HDD
Windows 10 Pro

And the results:

1) v14.x: All of them install correctly, but after the required reboot Windows does not boot (no drive activity) and exits with a BSOD "inaccessible boot device" after a few minutes.
2) v13.6: Driver installs correctly, system reboots, but internal drives are still listed in "safely remove hardware".
3) v13.2: Driver installs correctly and everything works.
4) v12.9: Same as v13.2, everything works.

I did not do any benchmarks so I cannot tell anything about the performance, but given that the system is rather old I care more for stability than the last bit of performance.

I hope this helps for further recommendations concerning which driver suits best for a particular system. Besides that I would like to mention that the installation method using your certificate is very convenient, although installing with driver signature enforcement disabled like I did all the years before has never been a problem for me.

Gruß, frohe Weihnachten und einen guten Rutsch ins neue Jahr!

@nFamous

1) v14.x: you might want to try v14.5.2.1088 which is the last release in this branch that doesn’t exhibit such behaviour on ICH10 systems (yes I know you’ve got an ICH9, but the symptoms are the same, see this thread)

2) v13.6: widespread problem, have you tried v13.6.0.1002, it seems to be immune to this problem (see this thread)
This is related to the fact that, since v1203, your MB BIOS (like many) declares AHCI HDD/SSD as HotPlug without a menu entry to toggle this feature on/off. Intel, depending on their mood or the moon phase, treat this information as legit or discard it in their drivers.
A theorical workaround that has to be tested is to enable LPM (because according to specs, you can’t have both).

@ nFamous:
Welcome at Win-RAID Forum and thanks for your report!

I recommend to follow shroeder’s advice.

Happy New Year!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@Fernando Was playing with the new IRST Rom v14.8.0.2377 and drivers v14.8.0.1042 and your modded drivers. After the bios update to the14.8.0.2377 everything works except Trim in Raid-0 as you haven’t posted a modded rom. The biggest issue comes when installing the v14.8.0.1042 drivers as they install fine and ask to reboot then loads to windows loading screen and all disk activity stops until reboot a minute or more later which repeats until I chose Last settings that worked which reverts driver back to the v13.5.2.1000 When I was using v13.5.0.1056 with the 13.5.0.2164 trim modded Rom prior to updating to the v14 drivers. So this issue also occurs with your 14.8.0.1042 modded drivers. If you could have a look and see what you can find. Still holding out on the win 10 upgrade until the drivers are more mature for windows 10. Thanks

@ lurch228:
Your report verifies, that it is not always a good idea to install the latest available drivers and BIOS modules onto a system, which is not fully supported by them.
My advice: Use the Intel RAID driver and RAID ROM module, which I have recommended >here<.
By the way: All Intel RST/RST(e) RAID drivers from v11.2.0.1006 up are running fine with Windows 10.

Hello Fernando (Dieter),
thank you for your great work. I have a question. I’m now using Win10 x64 Pro with a MSI Z77A-G45 with a Z77 Chipset. What is your advice - which modded driver should I use? (Because you wrote something, that you wouldn’t use the 13.x and 14.x Driver for older Chipsets). So is the latest 12.x Version the on you would prefer to be safe? Or is a 77 Chipset not one of the old ones in your opinion? I would like to be sure which I can use without being afraid losing my data because its very important to me and its to much to backup (I have 3 harddisk devices). No experiments, just good and fast and stable drivers :slight_smile:

THANK YOU IN ADVICE AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!