Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

@kyriacos :
If you want to use the “best” (what means that?) Intel AHCI driver for your specific hardware configuration and preferences regarding your PC usage, you have to find it out yourself by comparing different drivers. Furthermore you should not mix the adjectives “installable”, “compatible” and “recommended”.
The currently latest Intel AHCI driver, which natively supports your Intel 9-Series Chipset system, is the v14.8.16.1063 WHQL one.
According to my own experiences with my former Z97 chipset AHCI system, the Intel AHCI drivers of the v15 or v16 platform may be installable (by forcing the installation or using a mod+signed driver), but they run much less performant and stable than the v13 and v14 platfom drivers.

Yes, the latest compatible drivers are not automaticly the best.

Under Windows 7 64-bit with the Z97 chipset, the "recommended" AHCI driver v13.2.8.1002 causes erratic behavior of optical drives (for example TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224BB) when burning/reading DVD+R media. Previously everything used to work fine with the standard AHCI driver and the v14.8.16.1063 one.

Some optical drives do not like it at all, when they are connected to a SATA Controller, which is running in "AHCI"mode.

Hi guys!

Thanks Fernando for your great work!

What is the right and latest driver for my Thinkpad T61, Chipset PM965, Southbridge ICH8-M ?
Best regards

@Rotax :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

The latest Intel RST driver, which natively supports the Intel ICH8-M Southbridge, is v10.1.0.1008 WHQL, but I recommend to install one of my mod+signed Intel RST/RST(e) drivers. The best choice may be v11.2.0.1006 or v11.7.4.1001, but you can try any of them up to v13.2.8.1002.

Good luck!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

What is the right and latest drive for p8z77 WS Intel(R) 7 Series/C216
DEV_1E02
sata driver rst
i have 13.1.0.1058
And I want a newer version
i have win 10 64
None of the 13 versions I tried, can install automatically in device Manager, and instal manual i want to be safe before
I have some problems with the SAMSUNG MAGICIAN (ssd 840 evo) eror in Event logs And maybe a new version will solve the problem
If you think you can help that too. I can expand on the subject, I also talk to Samsung
In the first stage i want to try a newer driver (if available, by mod, or at all)

Thanks for any help

@YONI :
Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

The latest Intel RST/RST(e) driver, which has been designed for Intel 7-Series Chipset systems and natively do support their on-board Intel SATA Controller, is the v13.1.0.1058.
If you are neither satisfied with the Win10 in-box MS AHCI driver (which is brandnew and very good) nor with the Intel RST(e) driver v13.1.0.1058 WHQL, you can try the mod+signed Intel RST(e) driver v13.2.8.1002 (don’t forget to import the Win-RAID CA Certificate before you do it), but I do not recommend to install any v14/v15/v16 platform Intel RST(e) driver. They will not properly work with your old system.

I doubt, that the event log errors are caused by the Intel RST drivers. Maybe you should flash a new/better Firmware into your Samsung 840 EVO SSD.

Regards
Dieter (alias Fernando)

@ all:
Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• re-customized:
    • Universal mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.8.1002 dated 07/09/2015, re-modded and re-signed by me at 02/26/2018 (now with enhanced support of ApolloLake CPU systems)

Notes:
  • These specific drivers have been re-customized by me, because according to my test results (look >here<) they
    a) give all Intel Chipset systems (even the latest) an extremely good performance and
    b) are compatible even with old Intel Chipset systems.

Enjoy them!
Dieter (alias Fernando)

Some questions - How to…

I want try your v13.44.0.1026 [mod] on my ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE, Win8.1 (x64), AHCI mode

Before I start, I want to be sure I prepare intallation pack properly.
I’ve made it based on:

- Drivers: Universal 64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v13.44.0.1026 comp+mod+signed by Fernando (latest variant)
- Installer: Universal 64bit Intel RST Software v13.2.8.1002

So my folder list looking like this:

| [+] x64
|
-----|
iaahcic.cat
-----|
_ iastorac.cat
-----|__ iaAHCIC.inf
-----|__ iastorAC.inf
-----|__ iaStorA.sys
-----|__ TXTSETUP.OEM
|
| media1.cab
| RST_x64.msi

Am I understand correctly?

@iWARR :
What you name the “Installer”, installs just the Intel RST Software, but no Intel RST drivers.
So if you want to get the Intel RST(e) drivers v13.44.0.1026 and the Intel RST Software v13.2.8.1008 installed, you should do it this way:
1. Only if you haven’t already done it previously: Import of the Win-RAID CA Certificate
2. Only if any Intel RST Software is already in use: Removal of the Intel RST Software from within the Control Panel “Add/Remove Programs” section > Reboot
3. Manual installation of the comp+mod+signed driver from within the Device Manager by updating the listed Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controller (may have another name) > Reboot
4. Installation of the Intel RST Software (requires .NET Framework 3.5) by double-clicking the RST_x64.msi file. If you should get an error message, click onto “Ignore”.

1. and 2. are already done.

I suggested about "ready to go" installation pack same as "stock", but based on your modded drivers.

Folder stucture of the stock:

| [+] x64
    | [+] x32
    | SetupRST.exe
    | mup.xml

So, I suggested about automatic installation procedure - "Drivers" and "Intel RST Software" at once.

This is only possible for Intel RST Drivers & Software Sets, which belong to the v11 platform. All later released original Intel RST Sets cannot be extracted and re-merged the same way.

It was possible in v13.44.0.1026 v13.1.0.1058

---------------------
Trying v v13.44.0.1026 was very SCARY experiment.
The driver was not recognized as "signed" and won’t be installed manually.

WARNING!
-------------
Entering Windows "Unsigned drivers mode" you will have ability to install the driver.
BUT! Next boot will fail!
Nothing helpful will not work: Safe Mode, Recovering with last Restore Point, Entering other Troubleshoot modes also will not work.
The only way - using Windows "Unsigned drivers mode" again.

I think, this driver may work, but MUST be properly signed first and MUST have ability to be installed in "usual" way using manual "Browse" method.

Same ploblem with "sign" as it was USB 3.0/3.1 Drivers v5.0.4.43 [MOD] until you fix your sign properly.
But IRST problem much more dengerous due to possible booting failure.

@iWARR :
Thanks for your interesting report. I will look into the digital signature of the v13.44.0.1026 drivers.
If possible, please try the mod+signed v13.2.8.1002 driver as well.

Zitat von iWARR im Beitrag #873

It was possible in v13.44.0.1026

What does this mean? Did you get both (Drivers+Software) installed simultaneously by just running an *.exe file?

And another onr note.
Open "iaAHCIC.inf" and look below [Strings] section.
I guess, you may edit corresponding lines to the "classic" view.
A part of properly recognized chipsets, but not all from your wide list:

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) C600 Series Chipset SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C82&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C83&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 9 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C02&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C03&CC_0106.DeviceDesc = "Intel(R) 8 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller"

Exactly. Look at my post: Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed) (59)

I think it will be not correct test, because last drivers for Z77 is v13.1.0.1058 (not modded)

UPD: It doesn’t consists my ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&CC_0106 , so it will not work 100%

According to my point of view the “classic” Controller names given my Intel are not very helpful for the users, who often do not even know the on-board Intel SATA Controller model, and sometimes even misleading (some Controllers with a different DeviceID have the exactly same name). That is why I added the exact DeviceID to the Controller names. This way the user can find the matching Controller by comparing the HardwareIDs of the on-board Intel SATA Controller with the DeviceID, which is part of the listed compatible Controller names.

Zitat von iWARR im Beitrag #876

Exactly.

Which *.exe file do you mean and where did you get it?

This is not true. Look here:

Probably, I downloaded it from the station-drivers in ~ July 2016. Now this version is missed there in some case…

Pack Date: 24.06.2014
Drivers Date: 28.05.2014

Intel® RST (AHCI) v13.1.0.1058 WHQL : https://fex.net/load/832347341514/315958053

Misunderstood. I talked about NOT MODDED (stock).
If it will really help you, I can test modded, of course… I have cleaned system from all IRST except driver v13.1.0.1058 (no any setups or software installed yet)

----------------------------

Tried another one thing. When running *.msi of Universal 64bit Intel RST Software v13.2.8.1002 (as part of your v13.44.0.1026 intallation info-block), I got this:

Could not write value IsSystemOnBattery to key
\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\iaStorA\Parameters\Device
Verify that you have sufficient access to that key

You can ignore this message. The Intel RST Software will work fine nevertheless.

1. Universal Drivers v13.2.8.1002 re-mod+signed works. Usual manual driver update, no issues with sign.
    2) Universal Software v13.2.8.1002 works. But have to ignore the error to complete installation.

Note:
    Once I’m ignoring installer’s “access regisry error” first time, the next installations of the same Software pack “over existing” will be successful (no errors).
    But if I’ll uninstall Software pack, reboot and install from the scratch, the error will appear again. Strange behavior…