Modded Intel AHCI and RAID Drivers (digitally signed)

yeah, thank you for the heads up on the custom image
i did not import the ca, how can i do it? sorry if i missed this point in the guide

edit: just found the ca bat in the download ^^

For those who want to using V14 or higher version of older chipset like ICH7M/R-ICH10
Please read this link here after your have finish your installation and donā€™t not reboot immediately
otherwise you will enter GSOD loop
https://forums.intel.com/s/question/0D50ā€¦?language=en_US
I would quote some important information

If you have installed newer version of Intel RST drivers (14 or 15), you will get BSOD after OSā€™s a restart. But I know the solution for this the problem.
Please, check the registry value:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FA\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties]
ā€œMessageNumberLimitā€. Please, change it for old chipset to from decimal ā€œ80ā€ to ā€œ1ā€.

For old chipsets it must be:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FA\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties]
ā€œMessageNumberLimitā€=dword:00000001

Or, may be, for old chipsets you can change the string in iaStorAC.inf file:
"HKR, Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties, MessageNumberLimit, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%, 1"
Thank you.

For users, who have got BSOD, after newer version of Intel RST derivers (14 or 15) were installed for Intel(R) Desktop/Workstation/Server Express Chipset SATA (PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822).

Method A (BEFORE RESTARTING):
  1. If newer version of Intel RST drives have been intalled already, you must edit the registry value, before OSā€™s a restart:
    Caution! ā€œPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FAā€ this the part of a registry path must be equivalent to your Intel RAID controller hardware ID.

Method B (if you got BSOD after restarting PC):
  1. Load from working OS_rescue_DVD disk to load OS. You must see all your disks and partitions.
  2. Select "Use command shell"
  3. Run ā€œregedit"
  4. Check ā€œHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEā€ key
  5. Use ā€œLoad Hiveā€ from menu
  6. Select your OS location. For an example C:\Windows. Select ā€œyour OS locationā€\System32\Config. For an example C:\Windows\System32\Config. Select ā€œSYSTEMā€ file.
  7. Enter a random_name. For an example: edit_system
  8. Edit [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE"random nameā€\ControlSet001\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FA\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties]
    ā€œMessageNumberLimitā€ from decimal ā€œ80ā€ to ā€œ1ā€.
    For an example, it may be: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\edit_system\ControlSet001\Enum\PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FA\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties]
    Caution! ā€œPCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&SUBSYS_82D41043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FAā€ this the part of a registry path must be equivalent to your Intel RAID controller hardware ID.
  9. Use ā€œUnload Hiveā€ from menu.
  10. Restart PC.

EDIT by Fernando: To save space I have put the quoted guide into a ā€œspoilerā€. Furthermore I have reformatted the quoted guide (for better readability).

Hello Fernando,

Your guidance please ā€¦ of the three latest modded SATA drivers which lead this thread, which one would you recommend to potentially achieve the highest speed thru a Intel SATA 6 MB primary channel? [All three seem to install & operate fine for the short cycles I tested them on two of my computers as defined in my signature.]

Absent a suggested ā€œbestā€ for my system(s), Iā€™ll have to spend a number of hours loading & bench-marking three or more driver updates, including one or more possible ā€˜sata RSTā€™ offerings at Intel. (I am admittedly rather ignorant in the fine points of MB controller drivers and system memory.)

Thanks for Your Help AND Merry Christmas to You & Yours!!

@stanhere :
If your Intel SATA Controller is running in AHCI mode, you should look into the start post of >this< thread. There I have published an AHCI driver comparison test, which was done with an Intel Z68 chipset system.

Fernando ā€¦Unbelievably OutStanding Work & Documentation!!!

Happy New YEAR

Hi genius, u saved me many timesā€¦Now I need your help againā€¦

Iā€™m.Unable to install windows vista (my laser printer doest support win7 or higher)on latest intel B250M chipset (intel i5 processor 7th gen)
I have set AHCI mode in bios but during setup my vista doesnā€™t detect hard-diskā€¦ I have the impression that I need some driver workaround as I did it earlier on different chipset with integrating text mode driver in Windows XP setup with ur help.I was successful. But this time I need ur help to install windows vista on B250M chipateā€¦Please help me.

any solution???

Are you serious? Your idea to install a very bad and old OS like Vista onto your brandnew Intel 200-Series Chipset system is the worst option of all.
What about asking the manufacturer of your laser printer for a driver, which supports modern MS Operating Systems?

I doubt, that the Vista Setup will accept any modded storage driver.

Did you really expect, that I interrupt my night sleep and stand up at 4:19 am to answer your extremely important and urgent help request?

@all:
Update of the Start Post:
Changelog:

• new:
    • mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v14.8.18.1066 dated 09/06/2017, mod+signed by me at 01/04//2019
    • Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v14.8.18.1066 dated 09/15/2017

• mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v15.9.4.1041 dated 03/20/2018, mod+signed by me at 01/04//2019
  • Universal 32/64bit Intel RST Software v15.9.4.1041 dated 04/25/2018
  • 

• mod+signed 64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID driver v16.8.0.1000 dated 12/03/2018, mod+signed by me at 01/04/2019
  • Universal 64bit Intel RST Software v16.8.0.1000 dated 12/06/2018
  • customized (now with support of Intel SM35 chipsets):
    • mod+signed 32/64bit Intel MSM AHCI+RAID drivers v8.9.8.1005 dated 04/05/2010, re-mod+signed at 01/04/2019
    • Universal Intel MSM Drivers+Software Set v8.9.8.1005 dated 03/18/2013 containing the freshly re-mod+signed drivers

• mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST AHCI+RAID drivers v11.2.0.1006 dated 05/30/2012, re-mod+signed by me at 01/03/2019
  • Universal Intel RST Drivers+Software Set v11.2.0.1006 dated 06/07/2012 containing the freshly re-mod+signed drivers
  • 

• mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v12.9.4.1000 dated 04/07/2014, re-mod+signed at 01/04/2019
  • 

• mod+signed 32/64bit Intel RST(e) AHCI+RAID drivers v13.2.8.1002 dated 07/09/2015, re-mod+signed at 01/04/2019

• Good luck with these freshly modded and digitally signed Intel AHCI/RAID drivers!
    Dieter (alias Fernando)

Hello Fernando,
    I find that will you also change the Inf files in this line IAStorAC.inf as
    HKR, Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties, MessageNumberLimit, %REG_TYPE_DWORD%, 1
    For those who are using X99 ICH7M/R->ICH10~ Before PCH
    The message Number Limit must set as 1,if you install through devmgmt.msc,sometime when you upgrade windows,it will install and load the non-modified inf to install IntelAHCI on PC
    Would you change that line and just for <ICH10/R/M/~ users,because default 80 will cause BSOD

@aaa839 :
    Thanks for your idea and your suggestion regarding the usability of the latest Intel RST drivers (from v14 platform up) for Intel RAID users with a pre-PCH system (ICH7/8/9/10).
    It would not be a big problem for me to do the related modification within the iaStorAC.inf files and to re-sign the driverpacks afterwards, but I need a confirmation, that Intel RAID users with a PCH system will not be negatively affected by that modifcation.

Questions:
    1. Do you or anyone else know the reason why Intel has set the related registry value of the ā€œMessageNumberLimitā€ by default to ā€œ80ā€?
    2. What happens to Intel RAID users with a PCH system from 5-Series Chipset up, when they try to install any modded Intel RAID driver, which will set the related value to ā€œ1ā€?

Actually It should nothing wrong
    but it might cause a bit loss performance(not too much)
    Need someone to test the RAID with flags 1 and 80
    Microsoft Documents has explain that flags in detail
    It is related to PCI Bus
    More information for reference
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsā€¦aled-interrupts
    Registry explain
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsā€¦in-the-registry

Maybe I will do it myself with my Z170 system (provided, that I have the required free time).
    On the other hand I doubt, that this additional modding of the iaStorAC.inf makes much sense.
    Reasons:
    1. Newer drivers are not automaticly better, especially not for old systems, which do not support all the new driver features. With the start of each new driver platform or development branch the user will see new (previously unknown) bugs.
    2. Even if a BSOD while rebooting can be avoided, new Intel RST drivers (from v14 platform up) are not a good choice for pre-PCH Intel RAID systems. According to my own tests the performance and stabilty winner is always the ā€œclassicalā€ Intel RST driver v11.2.0.1006.
    3. Users, who fear of getting the in-use desired Intel RAID driver overwritten by a Windows update/upgrade, can easily ban this risk by removing the in-box Intel RAID driver from the OS image before they are going to install it.

@Fernando whats is difrence beetween original rst and mod rst???more perfomance???thanks

@panosxidis :
    Contrary to the original Intel RST drivers the mod+signed ones do support Intel SATA AHCI/RAID Controllers, which are natively not supported.
    Not the drivers themselves (= *.SYS files) have been modified. I just have added the missing HardwareIDs into the associated *.INF files, which are simple text files. This has no effect on the functionality and the performance of the driver.

i dont know why i have 2X 2TB BLACK HDD X99 chipset and i use mod driver by fernando and he is increase speed write and read!!!is BEAST DRIVER why i have better perfomance??? @Fernando

@panosxidis :
    It would be a big surprise for me, if the mod+signed variant of an Intel RST driver really should be better performant than the original driver.
    Please post the related benchmark results.

Yeap is better!!!okay!

Hi, i tried 50x or more to install win xp prof. on my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 USDT without any success.
    I always ends in bluescreen or, when i modified the install disk with nlite, with the result: itsor defect
    Inside is an Intel core i5, Haswell Q87
    Bios i changed to "modulate ide"

Please Fernando what is the Problem, how to solve it ?
    Kind regards

@DosUser :
    Welcome to the Win-RAID Forum!

Which drivers did you try, how did you do it and which error message did you get?

What means ā€œitsorā€? I have never seen or heard about such message.

What does that mean? Is the onboard Intel SATA Controller running in IDE or AHCI mode?

Please read and follow the start post of >this< thread and post there, if you have further questions. You have posted your request into the wrong Sub-Forum and thread.

Regards
    Dieter (alias Fernando)