MSI Z87-GD65 "Unlock" hidden BIOS Options

Did you also fix FIT after you inserted microcode? If not, then it would not be loaded.
BIOS coming shortly, please refresh for edited in BIOS to test

*Edit - please test - https://ufile.io/f7nuw5wb

If this fails, please send me the exact H87 BIOS you used, with this exact CPU, that worked for Intel TXT function. I will check, maybe something in ME FW is allowing it in that BIOS that isn’t in this BIOS?

M-Flash show me this

That is unexpected! You didn’t rename the file did you?
Please wait, let me check and see if I can see what’s going on, why that happened!

I don’t rename the binary file,and it can’t open by amibcp

Here, please try this one, if still same, maybe I think I know what’s going on, and will make you another. This is same exact file, rebuilt, but hex match and MD5 match too
https://ufile.io/ki9ofqv7

Also, the file I sent you before (And) this, opens fine for me in AMIBCP, I just checked since you mentioned.
Maybe was bad download, or bad upload? Try redownloading it MD5 for file at #41 (extracted file) = BF7E2345358FFB890BD425E2B14101A8

* Edit * Never mind, if you saw this, I was incorrect - However, see above for corrected MD5 * Edit *

Both #41 and #45 file are wrong. I download twice in #41, and these 2 7z file has a same MD5 36810E3B58BEFCC5E61619482B546B7A,2 binary file has a same MD5 BF7E2345358FFB890BD425E2B14101A8

The CPC build a GreatFireWall to used to block China Mainland connact to the world wide Internet,I visit this forum and download file via VPN, so maybe the file was tampered with during the download process.
Can you send it to my email ? [email protected] thanks

I am sure that this binary’s MD5 is but it always can not be use in M-Flash.

Yes, inside 7zip, file is hex identical match, but made at different times. Both open in AMIBCP fine for me.
I can upload to another website, pick any free site you like and I will upload there.

BF7E2345358FFB890BD425E2B14101A8 << This is correct MD5, this file opens in AMIBCP for me without issue. however, that does not mean MSI BIOS flasher will accept it, but should be OK since all other edits were OK.
But, I was thinking, maybe due to change of microcode volume size, causing some issue. I will make you new one and keep this same, but still have the older/smaller microcode you wanted.
Please refresh here for edited in new BIOS again

* Edit - https://ufile.io/1m2v89li

If that fails also, let me know, I will redo two more ways (differently)

* Edit 2 - here is similar edit, but done two other ways - https://ufile.io/1phkabcv

I test all of these 3 files ,in official bios 1.80,all of 3 files can not be flash by M-Flash like #42
in yesterday you made for me “finalmaybe”, 3N and FFFil always can not be flash by M-Flash.4N can be flashed ,but after reboot the post code stopped at 3B → 2F 。
I try to flash it via FPT ,and FPT told me the file’s length is longer than original.I enforce to flash it via FPT,and after reboot the post code stopped at 00.

Never flash stock BIOS by FPT!! I am not sure what is going on with this microcode replacement, there was no issues the first time around?? And, I do this kind of edit all day long with my eyes closes

Please flash back to BIOS from #33, and then dump BIOS region with FPT and send to me (FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
Right after you dump that biosreg.bin, try to write it back to BIOS, and show me the error if any >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
Then stop, do not try to force anything more, wait for advice

How to correctly use FPT for this purpose, and to make sure you have correct FPT version (If you are unsure)

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64
On the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.
Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section “C” download the matching ME System Tools Package
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
Intel Management Engine: Drivers, Firmware & System Tools

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.
Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error
If you do get error, show me image of the command entered and the error given >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin
^^ This is important step, don’t forget ^^

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c…creators-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-…menu-windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-…ator-privileges

Or here is simply registry edit that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu
Double-click to install, reboot after install may be required
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…134606820377175

Here is the dump of BIOS from #33 https://ufile.io/kwniuabt
and here is the command windows

NEW:
I had changed another USB disk and re-download from 33# to last BIOS you made for me,
I had flashed BIOS from 33# via FPT.
Then I re-flashed those BIOS via M-Flash,It doesn’t report any error.
So maybe my USB disk was broken…
But TXT and TDP is always doesn’t work…

BIOS from anything here should never be flashed by FPT unless it is a dump from FPT to being with.
For the stock BIOS I edit for you, only Flash by M-Flash as mentioned in each change log, then you can dump with FPT, and that you can reflash with FPT.

Since M-Flash is not letting you flash any BIOS I make you with the older microcode, I will now edit your FPT dump from above with that older microcode and you can see if it allows TXT or not.
If it does not, then something with Z87 is stopping this, or something in the ME FW is different between the two. Or, that H87 board is more compatible in general with this mobile CPU, than this Z87, hard to know since this is not a compatible CPU for this board/

@June_Da_Pek
Actually I found some mobos were kind of picky,and I tried to flash the modded bios of X79A-GD45,but it always prompted “couldn’t find the file in U disk”.
I had lost my patience for these that I flashed it with FPT,and it’s all OK.

I think maybe you have try another way to flash it,like FPT DOS,it should be noted that disk in DOS Can be read and written correctly…

@gloobox - there was some issue with certain microcode edit (going back to older), all 100 other edits I made (including updating microcode to latest) flash just fine with M-Flash for this board.
@June_Da_Pek - Is your serial, UUID and LAN MAC ID all correct and Ethernet LAN works still now? Checking to be sure, sounds like you FPT flashed stock BIOS from #33, then dumped with FPT (Not good, if you care about serial, UUID, and LAN MAC ID)
Not correct order to do that in, M-Flash first, then FPT dump, modify, FPT flash back. If you FPT flashed first/ever stock BIOS (I sent you), then doesn’t matter now, all is lost/FF until corrected later.
Since you are where you are now, here is above FPT Dump with that older microcode inserted instead - https://ufile.io/60fofg8q

If that flashes in, but fails to work for TXT, sorry, I do not know what else to try…
Until you give me programmer dump from each board (Or ME FW dumped via FPT if FD unlocked), so I can compare the ME FW and see is some related setting there is different (I don’t think there is such a thing at ME FW for this, but I will check)

@Lost_N_BIOS
Actually,MSI Z87-GD65 didn’t had bios lock,so that I think it’s easy to flash the bios even the older bios unless it had a different ME version.

@gloobox - yes, you can flash mod BIOS anytime on this model by using M-Flash built in BIOS flash tool

It had different ME version = =

Nothing here is about ME FW version…
All BIOS in this thread same version BIOS and same version ME FW

* Edit - Ohh, you mean the H87? If yes, sorry, I thought you was replying to gloobox about flashing.
I assume it does have different ME FW, there is 100 versions (Random guess = meaning a lot) in each major branch + minor branch releases, so unless latest is used at any given time it would be rare to have same exact version, but version doesn’t matter.
Send me dump from both, so I can compare the ME FW settings, and see if there is anything ME FW related in regards to Intel TXT

for #54,In BIOS, It lost UUID,I think MAC adress is still here,but the ethernet LAN is still work

Oops,maybe I need to mosaic my MAC adress = =
--------------------
For #57 I just talk to gloobox that Z87 GD65 has different ME version BIOS in MSI official website

Any loss of UUID, serial etc, is due to what you did, not me. I told you not to flash any BIOS I gave you with FPT, except and not until you first flashed with M-Flash then dumped with FPT.
That’s what I was trying to point out above, you flashed some BIOS with FPT that you shouldn’t have. Flash with FPT first, then with M-Flash later, then dump with FPT doesn’t help (all already lost due to FPT flash of stock BIOS first)

We can fix it all later though, don’t worry, since I have a dump from your BIOS before this happened.

ME FW version does not matter here for what we are doing. If you want me to further check BIOS from H87 and this BIOS, I need programmer or FPT ME region dump from both systems (FPTw.exe -me -d me.bin)
That may not matter, may be nothing in ME FW settings related to Intel TXT, but it’s the last thing I can check for you about this, nothing else I can do except again to advise you get a desktop CPU for this system and use that CPU on the H87 where TXT works for you.

* Edit - does Intel TXT work now, with BIOS I posted above? If not, then microcode rev 12 has nothing to do with why it works on the H87 board