[Need Help] ASUS FX504GD BIOS modification

I can’t understand those, I don’t know how to change them.

@guangzhishun - see what I said at post #56 - [Need Help] ASUS FX504GD BIOS modification (4)

Ok, I am a little busy during this time, so I may reply to you for a long time, I am very sorry.

OK, I understand, I’ve been busy this past week or so too, we’ll catch up with each other soon I’m sure!

@Lugburz Hi , how you disable BIOS Lock? i use Grub Method but it say out of range…

@wilson98 - see page two - [Need Help] ASUS FX504GD BIOS modification (2)

Hello everyone, has anyone succeded in this? I have same laptop with i7 8750h and gtx 1050. I created a dump of my bios and opened it with AMIBCP and I see lots of setting that could be useful like performance and thermal configuration.

Hello my friend. I am sorry to reply to your message for so long. I think, I don’t need to modify the BIOS, because I found the root cause. The reason why this is because of the limitations of the computer EC, the EC power supply limit causes the CPU frequency is not high. I don’t know how to modify the EC program. What advice do you have? Thank you.

@guangzhishun - EC may limit some things, but I doubt it’s going to downclock your CPU under stock speeds, that wouldn’t make sense for them to sell a system like that.

@francescosloth - see post #19-25 and get your BIOS lock disabled, then I can unlock BIOS for you (I know method now to unlock entire BIOS, which I didn’t know when replying on this thread previously) @wilson98 @Lugburz
Once you’re ready, upload your FPT dumped BIOS region for me and I will modify

I suspect that it is not fully powered. If you calculate their power consumption, you will find that 45W+75W is equal to 120W, but who is giving them power on the motherboard, two fans, memory, and hard drives? My power adapter is only 120W. In fact, when I play a large 3D game, the computer battery will be powered down, it will show that the power is on and discharging. However, when I put on the 180W power supply, it still loses power. It is enough to calculate the power supply according to common sense, but it still uses only 120W of the power supply.

Same thing happen without batter, just wall power supply?

This may have some to do with it too, at least on windows side
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/29…ff-windows.html
And there is Native ASPM setting in BIOS (Set to auto right now), choices OS or BIOS controlled, not clear what auto is using. Also DMI Link ASPM Control, both of those can control power allowed or not allowed for PCIE and overall power amounts in general.
And APSM per port, wattage per port, etc lots of settings in this BIOS you can’t see right now. I still think this is due to some power limit or TDP settings, or something you can adjust down to allow more on one or the other, there is tons of settings for this in the BIOS (literally 100 probably, maybe more.)

Hello my friend. I want to ask you a question. Can files written to the chip be compressed? If it can be compressed.By what method of compression?I want to unzip them. Thank you

You can write anything you want to a BIOS chip with a hardware programmer, zip, rar, LZMA, Gzip, Tiano, 7zipped file etc, but it’s not going to boot, only BIOS can be written to the chip if you want it to boot.
So, I’m not sure I understand your question properly?

I am very sorry, my English is very poor, which caused our communication obstacles, I am very sorry.

I noticed that occasionally it wont turbo boost correctly and using the FN+F5 key to change fan settings (Silent, Balanced, Overboost) causes something to reset/reinitialise and turbo boost begins to work correctly. Note, I don’t see any changes to any power limits in HWINFO in this situation, it just starts to turbo correctly. Running on battery power seems to limit power to 25W and sends BDPROCHOT to limit CPU further, only semi fix I found was to disable BDPROCHOT but I wouldn’t recommend it.

@Lost_N_BIOS if its not too annoying or time consuming, any chance you could unlock all the menus you can for my bios? bios is attached.
The "(139a) OverClocking Performance Menu" would be especially helpful, i managed to get undervolt settings to work properly with amibcp (sub menu of it), and would love access to the ram timings via bios.

Hello, friend. I want to ask you a question. What should I do if I want my laptop to get more power support

@clackersx - sorry I missed your post! Do you still need this?

@guangzhishun - I don’t know what you mean? Please explain in more details

My laptop only supports a 120W power adapter, and I want it to support 180W or more

What does it do if you put in larger one? Show me the error message, if there is some error shown on screen to you, maybe I can find and bypass for you.