Need help on changing Boot logo

Hi,

I would like to ask you guys to help me to dump BIOS region with FPT, unlock locks preventing flashing back and edit boot logo, I have a B365m ib-r mobo. I will attach the file and image below. since the .rom file is too big, I will put it on google drive. Here’s the rom file.

asrock-hdv-lga-micro-atx-motherboard-153102.png

(most of my quotes are from Lost_N_BIOS, I’m not 100% sure what I have to do yet…)

@excaliber121 - Please link me to the stock BIOS download page, then do below

If you have already modified the BIOS in ANY way, you will need to re-flash it back to factory defaults using factory method (NOT FPT)!!!
Additionally, please remove all BIOS passwords, disable secure boot, and disable TPM or Encryption if you have enabled. Do this before moving on to below

If you do not have Intel ME drivers installed, install them now from your system driver download page, then start over here after reboot.
Check your BIOS’ main page and see if ME FW version is shown. If not then > DOWNLOAD HWINFO64 HERE <

Once HWINFO is open, look at the large window on the left side, expand motherboard, and find the ME area.
Inside that section is the ME Firmware version. Take note of the version. (ie. write it down or get a screenshot)

Once you have that, go to the thread linked below, and in the section “C.2” find and download the matching ME System Tools Package for your system.
(ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
> DOWNLOAD " ME System Tools " packages HERE <

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and then inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder (NOT x64).
Highlight that Win/Win32 folder, then hold shift and press right click. Choose “open command window here” (Not power shell! >> * See Registry file below *).

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

((If “open command window here” does not appear, look for the “Simple Registry Edit” below…))

Step #1

Now you should be at the command prompt.
You are going to BACKUP the factory un-modified firmware, so type the following command:
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin "

>> Attach the saved "biosreg.bin ", placed into a compressed ZIP/RAR file, to your next post!!! <<

Step #2

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error(s).
Command: " FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin "
^^ This step is important! Don’t forget! ^^

If you get an error, reply to this post with a screenshot of it, OR write down the EXACT command entered and the EXACT error given.

Here is a SIMPLE REGISTRY EDIT that adds “Open command window here as Administrator” to the right click menu, instead of Power Shell
Double-click downloaded file to install. Reboot after install may be required
> CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD CMD PROMPT REGISTRY ENTRY <

If the windows method above does NOT work for you…
Then you may have to copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a Bootable USB disk and do the dump from DOS
( DOS command: " FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin " )

@Lost_N_BIOS here’s my link to the stock bios page from iBuyPower, the one on Asrock website doesn’t work: ftp://drivers.ibuypower.com/BIOS/. I have also created a drive file for the BIOS file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/146WcBxE…iew?usp=sharing

@excaliber121 - What is your ibuypower model name, or what BIOS name, so I know what BIOS to download from their site.
* Edit - Never mind, I see at google, please confirm, this is the file I download from Ibuypower for your system >> B365IBR1.00. If yes, great, please still give me the full Ibuypower model name so I can keep all this in proper folder
I do not need BIOS file from you yet. Please do FPT step #1 and #2, let me know what error you get it any at step #2. Do not upload file from #1 yet either, we may make new one after some unlocks, then you will upload that later.

@Lost_N_BIOS

My iBuyPower model is i-Series R148A654 101119. Yes the bios you got is the correct one.

The step one you migh input the wrong code… or the code doesn’t working because it says “‘FPTw.exe’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.”

I have also tried to put in FPTW64.exe, but that doesn’t work also.
----------------------

@Lost_N_BIOS Here’s the image of the command promt:

1.png

@excaliber121 - Thanks for the info and confirmation!
Please follow directions as outlined ONLY, with FPT (ie not x64)
You need to go into Flash Programming Tools >> Win32, run command from there
Or from your current path location >> CD win32, then run commands as mentioned in spoiler

@Lost_N_BIOS Here’s the result after I have ran 2 commands in the spoiler part:

1.png

@excaliber121 - You got it!
Great, no locks for you to disable, so send me biosreg.bin and image you want to replace logo with.
And to confirm, this image below the one you want to replace, correct? For safety reasons, please make sure your image is 8bit RGB and 1920x1080 or less.
I may still edit it, to save in better/more compatible format (with other tool, Gimp, CS3, Paint.NET etc) Looks like Adobe something was used to create the original, so I will probably use CS3 to resave to similar format

splash.jpg

@Lost_N_BIOS

The image you sent is the stock image, I wanna replace that one with another one. Here’s the file I wanna replace with.

asrock-hdv-lga-micro-atx-motherboard-153102.png

Huh?? That’s confusing?? You said the image below is the stock image, and you want to replace with another, which is missing, or the one you attached? << If the one you attached, which one are you wanting to replace? I only see one image in your post, but you reference two?
Is the ibuypower logo image above, the one you want to replace? If yes, with the image you attached? << If yes, PNG may not work, and I would not risk trying that without flash programmer in hand, backup made and confirmed to be OK, and programmer ready for recovery (it may brick)

@Lost_N_BIOS
Ehh… man I’m dumb at explaining stuff. Yes the image I attacted is the one I wanna replace it into the BIOS. I have flashed bios before, and I did modded once or two, so I understand the risks. If PNG doesn’t work, then which one do you recommend? I will try and find one for that.

It’s OK, I maybe ask too many questions sometimes, but BIOS is critical to be correct, so I ask as much as I can when needed.
I can use the image you gave on JPEG black background, make it same way as the original. You still did not confirm, is the above image I posted, the one you want to replace?

@Lost_N_BIOS
Yes you can convert it to JPEG black bacground should be good. And yes that’s the one I wanna replace.
----------------------------------------------

@Lost_N_BIOS I realized how dumb I was when I said about the image, I just edited it so it makes more sense

@excaliber121 - OK, thanks for confirmation. It may be OK as PNG, on a black background, but best to use stock format unless you are ready for recovery with flash programmer just in case brick.
Yes, the way you said that initially was a bit confusing

Still need your biosreg.bin file

@Lost_N_BIOS

Here’s the link for my biosreg.bin file, since it’s bigger than the server can handle, I will leave it to google drive.

@excaliber121 - Here, please test, flash it back via >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreglogo1.bin
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil…919751445655797

Do you see expected Asrock Logo, or all black / ie nothing?? If all black, I’ll have to do again using different image save method instead, but this one looked to be best match

@Lost_N_BIOS
Please re-check the link, I can’t access it.
---------------------

@Lost_N_BIOS
Well, Tinyupload is down… so… .maybe use some other link instead?

@excaliber121 - Ahh yes, I noticed that later last night, sorry
Still down too

Here is mirror - https://ufile.io/qdkijo1l

@Lost_N_BIOS
Okay, it works, but the logo is a bit too big… I would say 4-5 times bigger… so it scretched out too much that the logo went outside the screen… can you resize it to be smaller?

Great to hear it works without issue! Please show me image of screen, so I know kinda how much smaller I should make it, thanks. I made it same size as the original logo, assumed that would be OK
Please resize this image to 1000-1500 px and put in zip.

* @excaliber121 - Also, can you show me how the stock logo looked on your screen too, if you don’t mind, thanks!